WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Sunday,
    Julie I am glad to not be alone in my way of thinking. Thank you! "Dumping one's bag" love it! I have read that the French don't "share" like Americans.

Kylia

it's true they tend not to share as much as american on average. i'm thinking of some people who would "empty their bags' but they were living in france but from other countries in europe!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    Tomorrow we are both taking Bea for walk so DDIL can have some 1 to 1 time with Max. She has requested Marmite sandwiches for her packed lunch. I've also got a packet of pain chocolat as an extra. She is always hungry, but very fussy. She knows exactly what she likes. For about a year she would only eat pasta with pesto. :o
    I will have time for my morning exercises before we set out to walk to their house. But no writing. It's worth it though.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• bananasandoranges
    edited April 2021
    heather i think 10 is still a buyable age! sports things ? hobby things? often at that age they have marked interests that their parents know about : dinasaurs, electronics, turtles, sports - even a soccer ball or something like that is nice, because they are not SO cheap and have a life span. or sports socks or knee pads (depending on activities enjoyed). books... art materials...depending on their interests.... a line free journal for writing and drawing with colored pens... (yes even boys might like that)...
  • bananasandoranges
    (((Allie)))) hugs
  • cityjaneLondon
    Bananas - I went with Katla's idea of a tent. His parents thought it was a brilliant idea. :D
    I've just ordered it. It's big enough for 2, so he can have a sleep over.

Ready for the bed. :p<3

cwzlwpnidg1o.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    I worked SOOOO much over the weekend. at least 12h on Sunday, almost non-stop. I'm taking it slow today and tomorrow.

I had an online writing session and it went well today, then a meeting this evening less well, but ok.

got a mail sent out and some stuff written.

tomorrow washing machine is coming. YAY!

i think it's been 5 week or so with no washer!

I cleared or the path mostly for a smooth-ish move in (and out for the old one).

I just need to move the bed (on the way tot the bathroom where the washer will be), and put the massive pile of towels and sheets in the tub tomorrow morning.

delivery between 12 and 2pm so - no problem.

i like that they gave just a 2 hour window. often it's much longer : half a day or a day.

I had a bit too much sweets this evening. i went for a walk before curfew. got a merengue dessert (light-ish), no gluten.4o7q2mgbz675.png

And then i had a coconut sort of eskimo sweetened with only coconut sugar....(178 calories and no dairy nor sugar) ... and then i had a second one. it's quite light-ish with the no cane sugar and no dairy, but still - a bit on the sweet side this evening to say the least.

lunch was healthy: 20g of rice, some kidney beans, leeks, turnip, a couple of light, smallish crackers with thinn-ish layer of tahini.

i had some raw sauerkraut for dinner too, and a couple of bananas for snack. not absolute best day. A bit too sugary-feeling now, but not horrible.

--
    tomorrow will be another lowkey day- i need to sort some errands, (computer, files, etc), welcome the washing machine (laundry to start!), a couple of meetings at the end of the day, one live, one online.

CLEANING TODAY: 4x 15 minutes.
    kitchen : keeping it up, washing something on floor, sweeping, around, a few papers filed (work done on weekend), clearing out part of a tricky area in bedroom closet, got rid of some bits of nice (less nice after a few years) poster board i had kept for years (not worth it in a smallish city apartment!), clearing path for washer arrival...

at present i rather enjoy the evening when i can kick back and watch or read something online if i've worked well, or do anything or nothing.

• bananasandoranges
    heather tents are great too!

what sort did you get? a 2 second tent? a "canadian" tent (that's what they call them here), or....?
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited April 2021
    Trying to catch up on all the posts-
    Had a semi-productive weekend with my mom. It is really hard when I go up there with a plan on what needs to be done but she has different priorities when I get there. Instead of planting in the green house that is a month behind what it should be(we planted but the potting soil was bad and things didn't grow or died as soon as it came up). The garden should be planted in two weeks- NOT going to happen for at least a month and a half or longer.
    She was more into pulling weeds and getting the raised beds topped off with grape pumus and weeded. She had picked up some plants she wanted to plant.
    Then yesterday instead of planting in the green house, she decided to totally tear out the one of the hot boxes- something about it falling apart- I am sure it would have been fine for one more season- then tear it out during the 9 months it isn't used- So, I finally planted while she was at a meeting at church last night. I think I got about half of what needed to be planted. I did what I could.
    I did get a good workout both Sat and Sun. over 17,000 steps Sat moving wheel barrow loads of pumus and soil and then I think it was 14,000 steps on Sunday. My back, hip and knee were KILLING me by the time I went into the house at 8PM last night after starting at 10AM.
    Came home early this morning- nice drive through Calistoga and St. Helena and Napa. Got home and got the car unloaded just as my daycare girl was getting here.

I did my best to not get irritated and when I did, I kept quiet, and went back into the house a few times.
    I know she is stressed, overwhelmed, tired, etc- and it will get better.

I did go out and see my aunt after helping with the food bank food program Saturday morning. I had a great visit and she was so happy to see me. She is my dad's last surviving sibling out of 10 kids- she is missing my dad a lot-they talked almost every night.
    I will be sure to go out again next time I go up

I have Zumba/abs workout this evening
    I will sleep really good tonight

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 2hrs 16min 33sec, 182elev, 3.57ap, 99ahr, 121mhr, 8.21mi= 784c
    Strava app = 995c

Next trip Vegas. Week from today
  • cityjaneLondon
    Bananas - this is it. He can invite a friend, or even a sister. They have a secure garden.

omyytqfovl0b.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Max’s tent looks picture perfect! It is a good place for a boy to imagine all sorts of fun, invite a friend, and even include his sister. :star:

I have to admit that I envy your proximity to your grandchildren. Mine live far away and I haven’t seen them in person since before the pandemic began. :ohwell: On the plus side, we are able to visit with our daughter and grandchildren via Zoom. Our daughter tends to hand the phone to one of the kids to pass around. They pass it back to her and then we get the chance to talk for a bit.

Lately, the two older grandchildren have been writing letters to me. It is a delight to find one in the mail. I write a letter back as soon as I get a letter. Per Siri, the distance between us is 2,181 miles by car.

Katla in sunshiny NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Sssssttttt
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Well that roast that was suspect was a week old yesterday but I got my mom to toss it today. First she said there was nothing wrong with it, then she decided to trust me. At least on that issue. ☺️

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    cimtylp6o9bx.jpg
    bxd6bqbai4os.jpg
    o8db0kt19c2t.jpg
    4qtgkwkgi5vg.jpg

💕🌞🙏👊💖
    Rebecca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Worked today so no formal exercise. Same for tomorrow

M – we do have a king bed, then again, our bedroom is about 23 x 17 (approx). I agree, they have to make their own decision. That’s how we learn. Sometimes you make a decision that you like and know in the future that you’ll do the same thing. Sometimes you make one and learn that that’s something you never want again. Everyone has different needs/likes/desires.

Heather – I almost couldn’t wait to get my hair cut as soon as I was able to

Meg – welcome back!

Went to senior bowling. This is the last day for the winter league, the summer league will start May 3. It’s going to be a no tap game (for those of you who don’t know what a no tap is, it’s when you bowl a 9 and you get credit for a strike). In one sense, I’m not crazy about it. To me, that’s cheating. But then again, this all is for fun, not competitive. But I know Vince likes to work on his spares. Me? Couldn’t care less. Manly because when I do get them, it's by the grace of the bowling gods

Mahjongg tonight! Am I ever glad its on the internet. Sad that next week I have to drive into Hickory to have it at this one gal’s house. I’m thinking that maybe I’ll be late. But then am I just cutting off my nose to spite my face? That’ll give me less time to play.

Put the oven on self-clean. It really needs it. One day I'll take the grates up under the power lines and give them a good cleaning.

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    edited April 2021
    Woo! Hoo! We got a text today to go to our GP's drive through clinic for our second jabs at 2pm on Wed 14 April. And from today 10 people from 3 households can meet outside, so we will be able to meet with both our daughters and our grandsons. ,

☘️ Terri
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    It was definitely MONDAY here! Was later than normal getting to work, left my briefcase at home, got back 10 mins after opening, sister in law tried to help with deliveries, but was missing some and freaking out! She didnt believe me when I said I filed them. Our driver had them to prep them for delivery. Problem one solved. Then she disappears while I am trying to route him. Finally got him out the door 45 mins later. The only thing I accomplished today was waiting on customers! Lots to do tonight......my son in law says I shouldn't care so much, but that just isnt in my nature. If I am going to do a job it is 100%+. Dropped Steve off at his massage, called his dr for refill of a missed prescription, exchanged blinds at Lowe's, stopped by home to home to look at furniture and beds(it is a consignment store), back to work to grab my stuffs, be waiting on Steve. Here he comes!

Kylia in ohio where the sun finally came out