🖐️🌞😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    Ii
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I've developed one of those bumps on my right palm in the last month. Just suddenly noticed it. I do a lot of rowing and a bit of weights. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I don't get enough grip on the weights or the rower without gloves. Those cheap gloves have saved my hands. I even take them kayaking.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,716 Member
    Options
    Barbie- yes Joyce Meyer i haven't listened or watched her in awhike,will have to get back to it..
    Just took Dan on various errands around town and he picked up DQ and I dropped him off.
    So im back..
    Elena got her second shot this morning and is home so I dont have to go get the boys out.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I see you in Levi’s face. What an adorable little guy! :heart: Your inflatable hot tub looks wonderful. I hope you can relax in the soothing warm water. :star:

Tracey: I am sorry that your hip and back are hurting. I hope your hot bath helps you feel better. :flowerforyou:

Kylia: I am so sorry about the migraines. I hope you find relief. :star;

Allie: I’m glad that Zofran works for you. It is worth the cost to have appropriate medicine. :heart:

Barbie: We’ve been apple users for many years. My laptop has been in service since 2009. We also both have iphones. My iphone has been in service for a long while and is still working well. I’m sure Apple would like to sell me a new one but this one is getting the job done. I’m not inclined to jump in to purchase new when the one I have works well. :noway:

There is an annual fall migration of Canadian Geese to the Pacific NW and many winter along the Columbia River near us. We see them arrive in the fall and leave to go north in the spring. They’re headed north now. I love seeing them come and go. :bigsmile:

DH is expecting a phone visit with his MS Doctor’s office today. We are still not willing to travel to the hospital where the office is located, and DH wants to avoid having a MRI. It is long process and painful for him.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline. Shadow and Tumble to Gold Beach shelter for nail trims,
    Bonus: an hour picking up sticks and dragging cart back up the hill, 12 mins very brisk walking with Leslie Sansome
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, organize invoices and eobs for annual exams, both provider and labs, both Joe and me, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Friday: call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for both annual labs, locksmith for mailbox key, county planning office neighbor’s plans, next Wednesday: Grand Jury.
    Active April:
    23: Enjoy moving to your favorite music, really go for it: Time to try out those ear buds again.

Allie glad you’re finally getting the genetic testing. Long time coming. Hope it gives helpful information.
    Vicki as Heather said you are a true friend. Advocating for her must be so exhausting and stressful. You are her angel.
    Julie hope you feel better after a night’s rest. If not, can you have a phone visit with your dr or PA?
    Karen I covet your crew!
    Rebecca and Lisa :love: the pics.
    Tracey your suggestion that Michele visit unannounced when Pete is away at work makes good sense. Maybe Michele could tell Pete’s schedule from Denise’s FB posts. All those extra hours could be taking a toll on your hip and back. I forget, does your cousin live nearby? Could you meet regularly for tea and chat? Is she and/or her DH getting any counseling? (((hugs)))
    Annie hooray for horseback riding. One way to meet compatible people is to volunteer for activities that interest you. Hard when you’re working and taking care of your parents, but a few hours a week might be doable.
    Lisa con VERY grats on the hot tub. Decades ago I thought “hot tubs are only for rich people” but Joe changed my mind. What was healing back then for work-induced stress is now good medicine to keep ageing joints moving.
    Kylia ((hugs))
    Barbie working in the yard, brilliant strategy!
    Heather I am so with you about men not reading instructions. Back in Boise we got an above ground pool to help keep us cool throughout the triple digit summers. Came with written instructions and a video. Did Joe and his brother take advantage of all this free information? Nope. In fact, when they only plates they had left to finish the tops didn’t quite fit (because in fact they were the bottom plates) they simply “fixed ‘em” by drilling, banging, reshaping. That pool was a $$$$$ disaster and at one point I wanted to take all the pieces and throw them down the d@mn hill.

Our county just receded to the “moderate” risk range so I’m off to see if T’ai Chi is open again.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 22, weigh/wii: 22/0/0; steps>5627=4078, vits=21, log=22, CI<CO=20, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=24, Shadow=25, mfp=22, outside=28 up hill=27
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=8.33, packwalk=9, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=14 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,238 Member
    Options
    Our latest jigsaw is a map of the world, to help us with our TV quizzes. DH has put all the continents together, but now he has masses of featureless blue sea to assemble! :p Keeps him occupied!
    I'm revising the African countries and all the '.......stan' s.
    So far he's done The Periodic Table, Flags of the World, The Human Body, the Tree of Life, USA States and Capitals., plus this World Map. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • MyTwoHorses
    MyTwoHorses Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Glad to find this group today
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how much work was accomplished on the house yesterday! Today a roofing/gutter guy came by to measure & give an estimate for the rest of the solution to our rain & siding problem. We should not have to do anything more to the outside of our house for quite awhile once this is all done except routine gutter cleaning. Yay! Everything is looking very spiffy.

Karen in Virginia
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Praise God it is Friday. I am so ready for this week to be over. Came in this morning and for some reason I could not sign in on the computer. It worked fine yesterday. So had to call the IT help desk and it took them over an hour to get it fixed. No one seems to know what or why it happened. Yesterday I left work 2 hours early to be home for the Orkin man. Well he never showed up and I called and they tell me I am not on the schedule for yesterday. I said well I got 2 text messages and I called this last Monday to make sure and how much so could leave a check if needed. So now they are rescheduled for next Thursday after 4. DH says if no show again we will just cancel and go with someone else. I was so upset as I had to have someone come in and cover for me to leave early.
    And I made sure they knew about it.l

I am off this weekend and after work tonight I am making 4 dozen cupcakes for a bake sale at church tomorrow. It is a fun raiser for disabled vets. They are also having a car wash and motorcycle ride. But I am only donating to the bake sale and going back home. Doesn't sound like it is going to be that warm to ride. DH is planning on going on the ride. Maybe DGD and I will go get our nails done.

I must of been just done yesterday, as sit down in the chair about 730 and woke up about 144 this morning in bed. DH said he woke me up about 9 and I put my PJ's on and went to bed. I do feel better this morning.

Kylia--I understand. I have had 13 apps in the last 2 weeks and scheduled interviews. Only 2 showed up and decided they didn't like the hours. I tell them when I schedule the interviews what hours I need and the one lady said that was great and she even came and job shadowed for a couple hours and when they called and offered her the job, she said she had to talk to her DH first and she just doesn't think she can stay awake all night. No one wants to work and if they do they want only the hours they want and not what I need.

Lisa--I will be waiting to hear how the new hot tube works out. I have looked at the blow up ones, would like to have one for our back sun porch.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I must be a bit weird because I can't think of anything more awful than a hot tub! I'm not keen on getting wet, apart from swimming lengths, and even then I hate getting in and out. Ugh!
    We are all different. :D

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,716 Member
    Options
    Carol- i dont have a problem falling asleep,its staying asleep that is the issue.
    I remember when my mom was sick she slept alot... but this I think has alot to do with the congestive heart failure.. will find out when I go for the consultation..on May 17th
    I did take an hour snooze earlier as i was up a few hours early this morning.. I cant remember who said to sleep when your tired ,so i do..
    Now watching Highway to Heaven..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Did a Strength Full Body Circuit DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Cardio Overdrive DVD

Rebecca – could those be ganglion (not sure of the spelling) cysts? I remember a while ago Denise had something like that.

Lisa – I’ve never seen a spa like that! Thanks for the pic. Really hope it helps you

kylia – in all honesty, it seems that elderly (retired) people have a better work ethic. I see it all the time at Food Lion. Honestly, I seen people standing around. Me? Three minutes of doing nothing is about my limit. I’m not ADHD but there is no way I could have stood there for 4 hours saying “Would you like a mask”? I would, literally, be bored to tears. Can you possibly have two elderly people, each part time but those hours would equal full time? (((HUG)))

Allie – I know you would help kylia if you could. That’s just you.

Barbara – it would be nice to see Pete, even if it’s only for Denise’s sake. Truthfully, if he’s not there, we’re not going to be upset. We won’t go out of our way NOT to see him, but if it works out that we don’t...oh well. At least we got to see Denise and PJ

MyTwoHorses – welcome!

I’m thinking that after I’m here, I should go out for a walk. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I won’t be able to get out unless it’s early before the rain

They had chili and broccoli salad for lunch at the soup kitchen. Honestly, we weren’t that busy. I am surprised that that was all they gave them. I would have expected at least a sandwich, but that’s just me.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    MyTwoHorses: Welcome to a great group. I am also a horse enthusiast, but do not own a horse. I have a good friend who lets me ride her horse. :bigsmile:

Karen in VA: Congrats on the work going on for your home maintenance. :star:

Heather: We have a bath tub with a jacuzzi feature built in. We don’t use it often, but now and then it is a great way to soothe sore muscles--one person at a time in private. :heart:

Allie: I llke the notion of sleeping when I’m tired. If I am wound up about something, sleep is not easy or restful. I usually wait to go to bed until I settle down so that I can actually rest. :sleeping:

DH had a virtual medical appointment today with his MS doctor’s advice nurse. I sat beside him and listened. Getting the connection was a challenge, but it all worked out well. The nurse gave DH excellent ideas that will have a chance to help him. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Michelle - Maybe Denise and Pete don’t want you to visit because they can feel you don’t like/approve of Pete. Why would they want to invite that into their home, no matter who it is asking to visit?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2021
    Options
    We are going to see the grandchildren on Sunday! Yippee! I WhatsApped my son to suggest a 'boules' game and kids' tea in our garden. Might get him to check our dining room electrics. DH is not practical. It's probably the fuse in the fuse box.
    They want to bring Nellie, so I said yes. Dogs are not my thing, but I'm not going to alienate the family. It's fine. She won't be coming inside the house.
    I will do a batch of scones for the adults and bacon rolls for Max and Edie. Bea is super fussy, so it may be a Marmite roll. I have a lot of the pain chocolat that Bea liked left over.
    I was pining a bit, so it's really good. We are double vaccinated now. I get agitated when it's been a while since we've seen them. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Heather, dear heart - I was on your side for the hot tub thing for the vast majority of my adult life. But at this point, I would stand on my head and whistle "She'll be Comin' Around the Mountain," if it will give my poor, aching joints a break. The reason I'm willing is because I will know who has been in it. It's other people's cooties that make me go all urp. I figure I've already got Corey's cooties, and he's the only other one who will be in there. On the other hand, don't think you'll find me swimming in the ocean ever again. Once piece of seaweed slaps me on the leg, this little fat lady can levitate and then walk on water.

:smiley:

The hot tub and the dehydrator both made it in, finally. The hot tub is sitting in its box in the carport waiting for my husband's ambition... I've de-boxed the dehydrator, read the directions (apparently because I am female), which are pretty minimal, and am looking forward to getting some herbs up and growing so I can dry my own.

:)

Also went to two grocery stores in the early morning, got all that home and put away, put the new screen cover on my phone, pulled some weeds outside, did the dishes, did the laundry, took out the trash. Time for a well-earned rest while I get my quilt pieces ironed for my quilt and watch some crap TV. I have a little bit of a crush on Lt. Joe Kenda--both the man himself and Carl Marino, the man who plays his younger self. Eye candy afternoon. Plus I'll get my quilt pieces ready to get run through the machine. Two birds...

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Katla49
    Options
    Lisa: We’ve had a dehydrator for a long time. We most often use ours for herbs—parsley, sage, Rosemary, thyme & chocolate mint. It has been fun for me & adds interesting flavors to our cooking. Not only that, but the memories of seeing Simon & Garfunkle live at the University of Oregon in times long ago adds a smile for my garden herbs. B)