Women 200lb+, Let's Amaze Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @mmdeveau! So nice to have you back here! ❤ Congratulations on getting back on track with only a small gain. You'll be back at maintenance in no time. You know exactly what you need to do . And yes, that sexy pants article is a must read or anyone just starting out on this journey. Thanks for reposting it.
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    @Spotteddingo Fantastic I love that feeling of slipping into clothes that didn't fit before, I don't think I'm that far away from getting into some of my smaller clothes. It's such a boost though and proves the hard work is paying off, well done.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @Spotteddingo Congrats! 🎉
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    @jazzadesigns that happened to me too with my second dose moderna! Two days out on the couch. Hope you are feeling better now! Even if you don’t end up losing as much this week, you can take comfort in the face that you still took a big step for your health and well-being!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @jazzadesigns - I took a day off of exercise after my second shot and guess what? Despite eating at maintenance that day I lost weight the next two days anyway. Sometimes your body just needs to rest. So taking a couple of days off to repair your body will probably help you in the long run - your muscles will have a chance to repair and you'll likely drop some water weight too.
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    @jazzadesigns I had the Astra zeneca and was ill for 2 days after the first dose, never experienced pain like that before and dreading the 2nd dose now
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Thanks all! I actually feel better knowing others had some reactions from the shot. Everyone I know IRL has breezed through them with no problems.❤️
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    @jazzadesigns - I took a day off of exercise after my second shot and guess what? Despite eating at maintenance that day I lost weight the next two days anyway. Sometimes your body just needs to rest. So taking a couple of days off to repair your body will probably help you in the long run - your muscles will have a chance to repair and you'll likely drop some water weight too.

That makes sense!
  • finngirl61
    mmdeveau wrote: »
    Hi, I was a part of the this group for most of last year, and I'm looking to return in May. I stopped participating in October I think - there were changes with my work schedule and it wasn't real easy to adjust.

Similar to @pamiede, I've gained from my low last summer/fall. I'm about the same weight I was this time last year, a few pounds heavier. I still consider it a big win for me - I've only 20 pounds over my previous low, when in the past I'd have gained 2-3 times as much weight. Not bad for inconsistent logging and not-so-mindful eating.

I also have been thinking about the blog @speyerj posted, and the related discussion. First I'd like to point out a post I love, right here on MFP: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

The information is not as technical as the blog post but makes the same points and offers some additional advice. It doesn't have the same tone as the blog post.

On a personal note, based on my own experience I agree with both the blog post and the link above. I went through life swearing up and down that I wasn't overeating and rationalizing that the reason I was more than twice the size I should be must be genetics. I've had a lot of personal revelations along my weight loss journey, but one of the first, and biggest, was to confront the lies I told myself. In my studies to become a nurse and out of my own self interest, I've come across a number of articles about medical conditions and weight gain. The general conclusion is that metabolic abnormalities might explain about a 5% increase in body weight, but not why I would weigh as much as I did. Plus I didn't really have a thyroid problem, PCOS and all the other things I told myself I must have to weigh as much as I did. (Also - in health care 5% is a significant amount of body weight in terms of predicting health outcomes at the population level. When I'm setting my individual goals, I've focused on creating a plan that will get me to a 10% loss in body weight, and I think as I get closer to my goal weight I'd start to focus on 5% loss in body weight and probably other metrics.)

To be clear - if you are under a doctor's care and that doctor has conducted all the tests and studies to conclude that you do indeed have factors influencing your ability to lose weight easily or at all, I am not talking about your situation.

Acknowledging and confronting such long-held beliefs is hard work. And just hard. The day I truly realized I had been my own worst enemy for most of my life and felt it all the way in my soul and the marrow of my bones was not an easy day - I'm not a person who cries a lot and I was sobbing. But it's also the reason I'm writing this with a 20-pound weight gain in six months instead of a 60-pound weight gain in six months, which is not entirely unheard of in my personal history.

I applaud your honesty! I have logged food, but haven't written much like I intended. I think everyone sharing is trying to find out what works and doesn't work. Congratulations on a smaller gain and glad to see you back. 😊❤
  • finngirl61
    uyister wrote: »
    April 2021 stats
    38 years old
    Height: 5' 7"
    SW (6/9/2020): 330.0 lbs
    Month SW (3/27/21): 235.6 lbs
    Goal weight: 180 lbs
    Weigh-in day: Saturdays
    4/1: 230.6lbs (-5lbs) (Wanted to weigh today just because I felt lighter and TOM is also about to start)
    4/3: 233.4lbs (+2.8lbs) TOM started yesterday!! 🙄🙄
    4/10: 231.0 lbs (-2.4lbs) Happy with the drop, especially with the amount of stress I am dealing with right now!!
    4/19: 232.0 lbs (+1.0lb) A little late on the check in. I am very happy that I only gained 1lb with all the stress in the past couple of weeks.
    4/21: 230.0 lbs (-2lbs) Woo-Hoo!! 100lbs total lost!!
    4/24: 227.6 lbs (-2.4lbs) OMG!! I think my body is just so happy to be done with some of the stress I have been under!!
    4/30:
    Total month loss: lbs

Weekly and Monthly Goals:
    * Keep logging in to MFP ✔✔✔
    * Do either a quick yoga, stretch, or walk (Reps to the Rhythm) or dancing workout in addition to my regularly scheduled workout (Body fit by Amy, Sidney Cummings, Grow with Jo or Brian Suyki Workouts) ✔✔✔
    * Do a separate 10 - 30 minute stretch exercise at least 3x a week ✔✔✔
    * Keep meeting my daily steps goal on my Garmin ✔✔✔ Just got to day 131!!
    * Get as much sleep as possible - I am getting my usual amount which is between 5-7 hours. ✔✔ Most nights my deep sleep is now at least half and sometimes 2/3rds of my total sleep time. It used to barely be 1/3rd of my total sleep time.

Mid-year Goal:
    * Get to 220 lbs (Hopefully by the end of May)

OMG!! This month has been an absolute rollercoaster!! I am very thankful to GOD for keeping me safe and for safe gurading me physically as well as mentally with the stress and situations that I had to deal with!! I think my body is just happy to release all the stress that is is shedding the weight that it was holding on to over the past few weeks. 💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers and I am happy to report that all exams have been done (last one was yesterday). With the exception of the one yesterday, I have received my results and passed them all. I am still waiting on yesterdays results, so fingers crossed.

You all are such an awesome group of ladies and I am so proud of the progress everyone has been making.

I hope to be a little more active with reading and replying to posts as I have ~2weeks before classes begin again. I will be moving next week, but, that can be handled. 😊

Wow, 100 lbs lost- congratulations! I have about that much to lose also and at times, it seems overwhelming, especially with a high stress situation at home.
  • misplacedmama
    misplacedmama Posts: 78 Member
    @ExerciseExtraFries Welcome! This is an amazingly supportive group. I love your username. 🤣