Women 200lb+, Let's Amaze Ourselves This April!!!

Options

Replies

• kristenannefenton
    kristenannefenton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Height: 5โ€™โ€
    SW 274.4 (March 21, 2021)
    April SW 266.6
    April GW 256.6
    UGW 165ish

I did this once before (lost 70 lbs in about 6 months and maintained for 18 months) but then I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I kind of gave up believing I couldn't be healthy if I had a chronic disease so why bother. I really struggle with food because of my Crohn's and because I have terrible sensory/texture issues with food. Starting over again, my goals are modest---I just want to stick to it, regardless of how long the journey takes. I'm hoping to lose weight and get fit so I can play with my kids without feeling like I'm going to collapse!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    @trinati2001 no I have a regular scale. I think I may get a new one. I thought it might be water retention too. I guess it doesnโ€™t matter as Iโ€™m in this for the long haul. Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @uyister
    That is a lot of stress! Good job on your exams and drop. Please stay safe!!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @uyester

Sending thoughts and prayers your way in St Vincent .
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @uyester
    Yikes!! Volcanoes are no joke! Also, good luck with your exams :)

It's been such a great day. Ended the day off with some sushi, which was delicious and stayed within my calories. Went for a big walk with the hubby, and then I tested my new bike out for a little spin. I got the bike of craigslist, and then ordered a new seat for it. It was so great! I'm definitely out of shape though, and need to build my stamina. But it's definitely a nice form of exercise! Had a massive fire in our backyard, burned a lot of debris that fell from a storm. Felt very productive.

I hope everyone had a good Saturday!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @uyester, stay safe! Thinking of you and all your neighbors on St. Vincent. Keep us updated on how things are going.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5' 9"
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    GW: 155

Weight tracking:
    Apr 1: 160.6
    Apr 3: 159.0 ๐Ÿ˜
    Apr 10: 162.1 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Apr 17:
    Apr 24:
    Apr 30:

Fitness goals:
    Obtain average 7 day weight of 158 by end of month - Not on track this week
    Weigh daily: 7/7
    Log food consistently: 7/7
    Run or Row every day: 7/7
    10,000 steps/day: 7/7
    45 Zone Minutes/day: 7/7
    Miles ran MTD: 24.85
    Miles ran YTD: 262.98

Well, isn't that life for you? You make a decision to try to intentionally lose weight and instead you gain? I know it's water. It's just kind of ironic - was losing when I wasn't trying, gaining when I am trying to lose. But I really did have a good week otherwise. Fewer miles run this week than usual - I got in 3 days of rowing and it was a rest week after the race, so no days with high mileage. But still got in plenty of exercise. I made Peanut Butter cookies for the Pot Luck in the Park this week - and only kept 4 behind for my husband and myself, so less chance of over indulging.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @uyester I'll be thinking about you!! I hope you and your neighbors stay safe. I live in California with the wildfires the last couple of years it has been bad. I can empathize what you are going through (sort of.... nothing is the same as a giant rock that could barf an ocean full of lava)
  • 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    April 2021 stats
    34 years old
    Height: 5'6"
    Month SW (4/1/2021): 239.5 lbs
    Goal weight: 199 lbs
    Weigh-in day: Everyday
    4/8: 238.8lbs
    4/12: 239.6

So far the weight isn't coming off. I need to track better and exercise. I have made some changes though. I am starting to remember to take my vitamins and I am drinking more water. Last week I finally dusted off my fitbit.