New in CO!

Hiya! I'm Amber, mom of 3 boys under 5, and the caregiver for my mom.
I'm trying to be more healthy and fitness concious. I'm looking for ways to eat healthier, do more strength workouts, gain muscle, and work these things into my already very busy life! I get between 10k-20k steps daily. So, I'm looking for ideas, inspiration, and community. Glad to be here.
Nice to meetcha!

Replies

• brtgl
    brtgl Posts: 129 Member
    Welcome aboard. Nice going on your daily steps...
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,708 MFP Moderator
    Welcome to the MFP Community! :flowerforyou:
  • Nacho_Daddy
    Nacho_Daddy Posts: 846 Member
    edited April 2021
    BoymomAmi wrote: »
    Hiya! I'm Amber, mom of 3 boys under 5, and the caregiver for my mom.
    I'm trying to be more healthy and fitness concious. I'm looking for ways to eat healthier, do more strength workouts, gain muscle, and work these things into my already very busy life! I get between 10k-20k steps daily. So, I'm looking for ideas, inspiration, and community. Glad to be here.
    Nice to meetcha!

Indeed, welcome to MFP -- Understanding what your body needs (eating) will help ya hit your goals, and all the work you put in (resistance training and all those steps!!!) will come as a natural follow-on. Think back to how you were prior to your 3 boys, and ... well lets be honest, you've already been able to fit so much more in your days since, right?

Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy some of the get-outdoors weather coming-up (well, maybe not Monday...), but yeah... good time of year to find a little more motivation.

These threads are ones that I found quite helpful and would seem to align with your goals of being generally more "fitness conscious", I hope they can provide some inspiration and insight for you too:
    As @brtgl posted, "Nice going on your steps"; clearly, you're already moving in the right direction.