Ask me anything - nutrition coach

Replies

• sandboxfitness
    sandboxfitness Posts: 69 Member
    Stats: 32F 5'6" 126lb
    Goal: Visible abs
    Program: Insanity workout program
    Calories/Macros: 1891Cal Carbs237 Fat49 Protein126 (Training Days)
    1513Cal Carbs113 Fat62 Protein126 (Rest Day)

Questions: #1 Is this a reasonable Calorie/Macro setup for my goal and workout routine?
    #2 While I find I can generally keep within the calories I find my fat macro is over my goal almost daily,
    usually ends up totaling about 70-80g average, how much of an effect with this have? Also I find I'm
    only reaching around 80-100g on protein again wondering if that will hurt my goals.
    #3 Is there anything I should be adding/changing routine or nutrition wise to reach my goal?

Side note: I don't have access to a gym, equipment or weights other than mini resistance bands and maybe using some water bottles as makeshift light weights. Any advice you have is much appreciated!

I’m sorry ; what is your goal ?
    And how did you calculate your calorie intake?

She says quite clearly in the second line of the post ‘Goal: visible abs’.

Thanks assistant. I missed it.
  • sandboxfitness
    Stats: 32F 5'6" 126lb
    Goal: Visible abs
    Program: Insanity workout program
    Calories/Macros: 1891Cal Carbs237 Fat49 Protein126 (Training Days)
    1513Cal Carbs113 Fat62 Protein126 (Rest Day)

Questions: #1 Is this a reasonable Calorie/Macro setup for my goal and workout routine?
    #2 While I find I can generally keep within the calories I find my fat macro is over my goal almost daily,
    usually ends up totaling about 70-80g average, how much of an effect with this have? Also I find I'm
    only reaching around 80-100g on protein again wondering if that will hurt my goals.
    #3 Is there anything I should be adding/changing routine or nutrition wise to reach my goal?

Side note: I don't have access to a gym, equipment or weights other than mini resistance bands and maybe using some water bottles as makeshift light weights. Any advice you have is much appreciated!

I’m gonna assume here that visible abs means you’re trying to lose fat.

I’d lower your calories to 1600 a week. Leave your rest days and workout days the same, if you’re always going above your fat intake; why don’t you increase your fat intake and your lower carbs?

You have to hit your protein intake, it’s very essential you do so to keep your muscle mass and protein has a high thermic food effect that can help with metabolism.
  • sandboxfitness
    I’m here to help ppl; you can disagree with the advice I give; if they want to take it, fine; if not that’s fine too. it’s free and free speech. Don’t come into my thread to argue with me cause I don’t care what you have to say. you can disagree all you want.. I’m not here for a debate; I know my stuff and I got many ppl into shape..

Have you?
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    I turned vegetarian in 2020 due to ethical reasons. Even then I wasn't eating too much meat as I'm not very good cook when it comes to non vegetarian fare. So my only source of protein was eggs. I changed my diet and started eating vegetarian sources of protein. I also very recently have started drinking protein powder but still can't hit my protein goal. Any advice?
  • sandboxfitness
    I turned vegetarian in 2020 due to ethical reasons. Even then I wasn't eating too much meat as I'm not very good cook when it comes to non vegetarian fare. So my only source of protein was eggs. I changed my diet and started eating vegetarian sources of protein. I also very recently have started drinking protein powder but still can't hit my protein goal. Any advice?

I’m not sure how aren’t you hitting your protein goal? Drink more protein shakes or what you have. Instead of 2 scoops; add 3. Add 4..

Is the reason that you aren’t hungry or you can’t use lots of vegan protein powder because it’s expensive?

What’s the reason
  • sandboxfitness
    davew0000 wrote: »

I swear so many haters when you try to help ppl. It’s funny

I suspect it’s because these forums are largely for posting questions relating to health and fitness. Usually many people will post insightful responses after gathering the right information.

You’ve declared that you’re can do this singlehandedly and are providing advice with a very distinct viewpoint (not a marathon runner for instance).

You really have to be prepared for your advice (presented as expert) to be scrutinised. That’s the way it works. There often isn’t a simple answer to questions.

I can because I have the answers, now if ppl want to take them or not; that up to them. most of these ppl arguing with me and disagreeing with me can’t even get themselves inshape. I’ve met there ppl in real life. The ones that know it all but they watched a YouTube video
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member

I’m not sure how aren’t you hitting your protein goal? Drink more protein shakes or what you have. Instead of 2 scoops; add 3. Add 4..

Is the reason that you aren’t hungry or you can’t use lots of vegan protein powder because it’s expensive?

What’s the reason

3-4 scoops of protein powder?? Is that ok? Direction to use is only 2-3 scoops a day. I'm not a big fan of it and it is expensive. I'm new to protein powders.
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    I got the one for you.

I’m just starting out on an attempted “lean bulk” aiming for a steady 10% calorie surplus, obviously with a progressive strength training program.

It was my 10 year anniversary on Saturday and I had what you might call a “cheat day”. Three course lunch at a fancy restaurant, followed by drinks and catchup with friends, and a takeaway to finish the day. My next day estimate was about 6000 calories (I’m aiming for 3300 per day).

What’s the best way to limit the damage? Eat at deficit for the next week to “balance out”, accept that my gains may not be optimal this week, or somewhere in between?

(A one-off but it got me wondering)
  • Inowantobefatanymore
    Inowantobefatanymore Posts: 12 Member
    This is super helpful! I’m concentrating on my macros that calories. I’m going to add you as a friend because I have a feeling I will need you at some point because I’m a ‘beginner’ and it’s all so confusing!
This discussion has been closed.