JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: MH Monday. Check in with everyone about classes.
    3. Classes: Subject-verb agreement lesson. NRI practice for credit. Make-up or bonus work.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Update website. Grade late work. P&P. Parent calls / check on recovery.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. World lit options?
    6. Afternoon: 1 hour Clois. Run at park. Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Bibimbap. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today's going to be full. AM run tomorrow, then lunch with parents. Fingers crossed that it won't be too crowded.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    Tomorrow I commit to getting at least 3, 000 steps in
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Back from holiday! We had a lovely time on the Isle of Wight, the scenery was gorgeous and we stayed in a very nice comfortable cottage. Enjoyed some good food, I ate a fair bit but we were exercising quite a lot and I don't seem to have gained much. I'm going to do my proper weigh-in on Wednesday when hopefully some of the water weight will have gone.

Back to work today, only two weeks though and I will be going away again to stay with my mum and her partner in a cottage about an hour from here. Really excited about that as I haven't seen her since Christmas. It will be just me as the boyfriend is going to France for his sister's wedding. We were both going to go, but going involves several days of quarantine there, 10 days of quarantine back here, plus several hundred pounds on covid tests.... On balance, we decided that I didn't have to go. The celebration he's going for is the small legal ceremony, there is going to be a larger ceremony at the end of August that I will go for - hopefully by then it will not be such an expensive pain....

For today, I will keep things simple.

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the green
    Drink 4 bottles water
    No alcohol
    Go for walk before evening plans

Hope everyone has a good week x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 9 May

I’m late posting, the day has escaped and I don’t have much to show for it. I was so tired this afternoon that I took a nap! Early night for me tonight.

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

@Bex953172 Rosie looks very pretty.

• ZizzyBumble
    Monday 10 May

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend.

Here’s to the start of another week - time seems to fly by.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    New week, new start!
    I got lazy again!

- Log all food
    - Water
    - Exercise
    - Get all pots clean

Same goals as usual, keeping it simple.

Finding it hard to do the exercise tbh, I'd rather sit and watch telly half the time.
    Need to find that oomph just to do it.
    Might start using the 5 second rule again for this!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Busy weekend and just realized I never logged on my computer once I was done with work at 4:30 on Friday. Still logged food and exercise using my phone app. I'll catch up reading JFT posts later... have a very old silver filling being replaced at the dentist in a bit. What does that say about my age? LOL

JFT 5/10 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Workday: GA-IT / 9:40 dentist / Facebook Live 12:00
    5) Gas in car / wash towels / wash dishes / prep b.s.t. paperwork / renew GBBG membership / prep overnight oats & water bottles / other chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge / Bellin (virtual) 10K
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Sunday May 9
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

JFT - Monday May 10
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

@bex953172 - My daughter bought my Grandson a gerbil one year for his birthday, his name was Soot because he was black. I thought he was cute, but I had no interest in touching him at all. You were very kind to the little girl and I'm sure the Mom truly appreciated it.

@bookmeister86 - It sounds like a lovely holiday. We are in heavier restrictions again.

@cschmitz110515 - I have a few of those silver fillings too. I've had them since I was quite young.

I had a very quiet Mother's Day, Rodger worked so left the house at 1245 and didn't return until 1030. He is working evenings. My girls didn't get to come yesterday so one is coming tonight for a visit and the other is coming tomorrow night. We will have to visit on the deck.

I should get at it.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

uzv5ct5emeb8.gif

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 3/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 3/7

🌷Positive intentions for Tue 10 May:
    • Meditation 🌷
    • Weigh/post weight 🌷
    • Working on 5 year review
    • Outdoor walk🌷
    • Laundry - sort and store 🌷
    • Sorting summer wardrobe
    • Daily Chores 🌷
    • Puzzles: ✅ Watch TV: ✅
    • Keep up to date with email 🌷
    • Daily goals update 🌷

Feb/March/April/May DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr: 30/30
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: 30/30
    May: LNS: 0 ~|~ ME: 9

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

@Bex953172 - Cute hamster 🐹
    @ZizzyBumble - There are soooo many other things I’d rather do than ironing.
    @littleblackskirt - Perfectly understandable in the circumstances. Just remember that we have broad shoulders, and are here for you if needed.

Terri 🦄
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Had a decent day back at work, mainly spent the day catching up on emails and doing small things. There seem to be no major panics to sort out which is good! Didn't manage to stick to food plan, ended up having chocolate in the evening. However, was still a little under maintenance and have lost a little holiday water weight anyway. Today I will do better (mainly as there is no more chocolate in the flat).

Thought about getting up for exercise but then didn't bother. I'm still easing back in after holiday...
    But I WILL do it tomorrow as I want to be fit and strong.

So, yesterday's goals:
    :
    Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the green :/400 over
    Drink 4 bottles water :)
    No alcohol :)
    Go for walk before evening plans Didn't get organised to do this

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the green
    Drink 4 bottles water
    No alcohol
    Make healthy dinner and lunches
    Cut boyfriend's hair!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Monday 10 May

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend. ↔️

Here’s to the start of another week - time seems to fly by.

• ZizzyBumble
    Tuesday 11 May

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend. ⬇️

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    New week, new start!
    I got lazy again!

- Log all food ✔️
    - Water❌
    - Exercise❌
    - Get all pots clean❌

Okay so yesterday pretty much failed.
    I did log all my food, well everything I can remember.
    I started to feel pretty miserable in the afternoon and I just comfort ate most the night. I'm glad I logged it though, 500 calories over. But atleast I'm being accountable.
    Water wasn't too bad, got 5 in, need to get that to 8 though.
    I was too tired to exercise but that's not an excuse anymore! I need to do it!
    I did do some of the pots, but they have since been used again. Need to figure out a better system of pot cleaning.

I was aware of what I was eating, I knew it wasn't helping at all but I ate it anyway. So atleast it wasn't mindless. But I probably should of stopped.

So, try try again...and don't let my emotions get the better of me!

Tues

- Log all food
    - 8 waters
    - Exercise
    - Do the pots and get them all away!!

Have a nice day everyone, hopefully I'll get back on track, the last time I was fully committed was 2017, when I had successfully eliminated carbs from my diet etc and things were going well. Need to get back to that!
  • bgorman65
    bgorman65 Posts: 32 Member
    Just for today, I will start walking again. I have lost enough weight to have my hip and knee replacement surgeries, yes all four joints need to be replaced, and the stronger my legs are beforehand the easier my recoveries will be. I need to start exercising (walking, so far) again, so just for today, I will, even if for only ten minutes.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Voting. Check in with everyone about classes.
    3. Classes: Literary terms lesson. NRI practice for credit. Read "Fan Club" and compare MCs. Make-up or bonus work.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Update website. Grade late work. P&P. Parent calls / check on recovery.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. World lit options?
    6. Afternoon: Check in on MFP. 1 hour Clois. Walk at park.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Birthday. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    Today: 190.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I'm just tired all the time. Didn't make parent calls yesterday or grade late work (graded current work) and I've GOT to do more catching up on that.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Bex953172
    bgorman65 wrote: »
    Just for today, I will start walking again. I have lost enough weight to have my hip and knee replacement surgeries, yes all four joints need to be replaced, and the stronger my legs are beforehand the easier my recoveries will be. I need to start exercising (walking, so far) again, so just for today, I will, even if for only ten minutes.

Well done for losing enough weight to get surgery, I hope your surgeries go well x
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited May 2021
    Recap 5/10 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 13/14 & 9.4K
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :s Good all day until evening snack attack of peanut M&Ms -429. Bright side 15c water :smiley:
    3) Workday: GA-IT / 9:40 dentist / Facebook Live 12:00 = 3/3
    5) Gas in car / wash towels / wash dishes / prep b.s.t. paperwork / renew GBBG membership / prep overnight oats & water bottles / other chore? yep = 6/7
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4/5

JFT 5/11 T
    1) Walked dog 3.65 mi before work B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Defrost burgers / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) GA-IT / 11:00 webinar (pace) / prep for W walk-thrus
    5) Post bday wishes to youngest brother, T & T / drop payments at P.O. / wash dishes / prep b.s.t. & finalize paperwork / prep overnight oats & water bottles / declutter 15 min. / other chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (x-train & b.s.t.)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge / Bellin (virtual) 10K
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    edited May 2021
    Last day of the semester - yay! The past couple of weeks have been especially hectic, but it looks like I'll be able to get my grades in tonight and then relax for a few days before my summer classes begin next week.

Over the weekend, I finally got to hug my sons. There were tears all around. My husband and I drove down to MD to see his dad last Friday, and we spent Saturday with our boys and their families. It happened to be my youngest grandson's fifth birthday, so we had even more reason to celebrate. Then it was back up to NJ to visit my mom on Sunday and spend the rest of the day with my daughter and her family. So grateful for science and vaccines!

There are so many posts I want to respond to, but I'd better get to work. Looking forward to catching up :)

JFT Tuesday 5/11
    • Finish grades
    • Work on new garden bed
    • Make less terrible food choices
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Monday May 10
    1.5L of water - :) I was very close if not over. I know it was more than 1L, but I was drinking up leftover empty bottles I had in the fridge.
    Log all Food - :)
    Walk 15 Minutes - :)

JFT - Tuesday May 11
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

I'll have to come back later - Meeting starting
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Tues

- Log all food ✔️
    - 8 waters✔️
    - Exercise➖10k steps
    - Do the pots and get them all away!!✔️

Well that was a much better day. Really didn't want to do the pots but actually did them.
    Only over by 60 cals, had a slightly larger dinner than normal so that's probably why, but easily fixed with diet tweaks.

Exercise I was too tired for but I'm always happy if I reach 10k steps.

Is 10k the amount we're supposed to do daily or something? I always try hit 10k but I don't know why lol

I got Rosie in her ball today, still not picked her up yet, she can be so jumpy. But she's letting me stroke her quite happily and she's made no attempt of biting or even a nibble, so all good signs. Think I picked a good one!

Cya tomorrow!