Losing inches in all the wrong places...

Options
I have lost a bit of weight, and although some is from around my...bottom, the places that are most noticeable? My collarbone is starting to stick out, that knob on the top of my shoulders are getting really visible. There's a dip in my pathetic bicep when I flex now, because losing weight and building muscles apparently isn't the same thing.

I know, spot reduction isn't a thing, this is mostly me venting. But seriously why can't it be my thighs or breasts?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    When I first lose it is always my face followed by boobs/butt, then legs then stomach LAST. When I gain it comes on in the exact opposite way. It sucks.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    For me, it's from the top down. My shoulders, ribs, breasts and back look anorexic, but I still have a round belly and large thighs and calves. Gravity I guess. I'm not willing to lose more weight, so I've learned to live with the fat where I don't want it to be.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Can I please have all the boobs you guys don’t want?! I have no boobs and carry all my fat on my legs and bum. Typical pear shape!
  • Mise_enPlace
    Mise_enPlace Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Same! Collarbone sticks out so much too but the thighs won't slim down. I'm trying more squats to firm them up, but we have to work with what we are given. Sigh.
  • meeppeepneep
    meeppeepneep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @claireychn074 You can have two cups sizes from me, maybe even three if you really want it.
  • claireychn074
    Options
    @meeppeepneep oh if only we could swap unwanted body parts 🤣🤣 although come to think of it, I guess that’s what BBL kind of does!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Can I please have all the boobs you guys don’t want?! I have no boobs and carry all my fat on my legs and bum. Typical pear shape!

I would give you mine if I could: no need to wear a bra, no bouncing about when exercising, no sweat underneath. Mind you, mine aren't that big and I'm grateful for that. But boobs are inconvenient.
  • claireychn074
    Options
    Can anyone find that thread where people posted pics of their tummy doing planks? MFP’s search does not work well on my iPhone - would be good to link that one as it’s apt, and actually really funny!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I first lost weight in my fingers and face. Annoying!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,078 Member
    Options
    Can anyone find that thread where people posted pics of their tummy doing planks? MFP’s search does not work well on my iPhone - would be good to link that one as it’s apt, and actually really funny!

Not sure it's the thread you're thinking of, but there are some here and there in this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

I think there are more plank photos toward the end of the thread vs. at first, not sure.
  • claireychn074
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Not sure it's the thread you're thinking of, but there are some here and there in this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

I think there are more plank photos toward the end of the thread vs. at first, not sure.
    That one’s awesome, but yes there was a whole thread about planks I think - I could be remembering wrong!
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 11 pounds recently (not really intentionally), and at first I felt like it was all from my butt and boobs. I assessed myself a bit more honestly and yes--I lost weight there, but I also lost it in my waist, thighs, stomach and upper arms. Of course, I would've been happier if I had JUST lost it in those last 4 places, but like @springlering62 said, it's better than it was before.

I definitely do NOT want to post a video of me planking--stomach would look like a sharpei's face! Not really anything I can do about the loose skin besides surgery at this point, so I just have to laugh at it sometimes.