Team Jungle Jewels (Tribal Sept) - Week 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
WEEK 3 CHALLENGES -

PYGYMY TRIBE - it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right?
Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

OR

BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) - THIS IS ANOTHER SPARTAN 300 Cardio Workout Series. Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great week to me!!!
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    All I can say is holy crap... lol
  • ruelman83
    Options
    When you say "10" globe jumps, does that mean every "jump" is 1? or does that mean, once I get all the way around (4 jumps), then that is 1?

Also question, under the Pygmy exercises, it says "Week 2 weekly team challenge" and under Bushmen exercises, it says "Week 3 weekly team challenge"... Are we supposed to see if we can do both? Or was there a type-o somewhere?
  • littlemount
    Options
    This week three is getting to be challenging but I am ready for it.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    When you say "10" globe jumps, does that mean every "jump" is 1? or does that mean, once I get all the way around (4 jumps), then that is 1?

Also question, under the Pygmy exercises, it says "Week 2 weekly team challenge" and under Bushmen exercises, it says "Week 3 weekly team challenge"... Are we supposed to see if we can do both? Or was there a type-o somewhere?
    Randi
    A globe jump is - right, back, left, forward = 1 jump!! So yes it's all the way round!!
    There's been a typo, sorry - pygmy challenge is the 500 sit ups/crunches for Week 3!
    :wink:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    This week three is getting to be challenging but I am ready for it.
    You certainly are!!!
    :happy:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    GOOD MORNING JUNGLE JEWELS –

I hope you had a lovely rest day yesterday!

I had lunch at TGI Fridays yesterday and am still suffering!! My body does not like that amount of fat & crap anymore ::sick: which is a good thing!!! And Hurricane Katia is on her way - it's getting very wet & windy here :ohwell:

So, today starts Week 3 - you should be extremely proud of what you've achieved so far! You are definitely a lot fitter and stronger already!! So, it's time to crank it up another gear yet again!!

Today’s challenges are:

PYGMY TRIBE - Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run (*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat).
    AND
    Week Three Weekly Team Challenge - Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this! (Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. It’s up to you! )

OR

BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) - Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)
    AND
    Week Three Weekly Team Challenge - Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break, No stopping!

LET'S RAISE OUR SPEARS LADIES !!!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    WWOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Week 3!!! We're halfway done!! This has been an AWESOME month so far....let's step it up to the next notch and kick some more booty!! About this time last month, when I'd see the new week's challenge, I cringed....and whined to Jules via PM.....at first we commiserated, then she said "Read it again". So I would go back and re-read....huh, interesting......I can do that!!! So, the moral of the story is.....if you're feeling overwhelmed when you first read it, you're normal (well, as normal as *I* am, which doesn't say much!!).....re-read it and KNOW that you CAN kick butt on this!!! You CAN!! If you feel so inclined, just give it a shot and push up a level for an exercise or two....now's the time to try it...you're getting stronger and fitter! You might be surprised what you can actually accomplish!!

Hugs to you all and here's to week 3!!! :drinker:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    via Gary ***** Mini Challenge Alert ******

For all you hardcore September Challengers I have a mini-challenge for this week! High Plank to Low Plank! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anVtEmyTIas&feature=youtube_gdata_player It's harder than it looks and at the same time its not as hard as you think!

The challenge is to successfully do 100 of these in this week. 20 a day will get you there by friday. You can even do 10 in the a.m. and 10 in the p.m. Let me know what you think. I have posted the video on my blog as well for easy access. www.mfpchallenges.blogspot.com some of you are still requesting videos. Every video is listed here on my blog! Good luck and let's see those planks! This is great for strengthening lower back and core!

RAISE YOUR SPEARS! WOO HOO We're almost halfway through September!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Week 3 - Day 1
    Tabata - done
    50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg) - done
    Under cals - done
    Water - done, done & done!!

We're off !!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 3/ Day1-
    10 globe jumps, 10 burpees, 25 toe touches, 25 squat kicks, 50 crunches
    45 minute walk- 2 miles
    water- done
    under calories- done
    I will need to ice my knees today though not as bad as doing the jumping jacks.:ohwell:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    Options
    I was doing high plank / low plank with the one JM dvd I was doing. Definately harder than you'd think but Im game!!!
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Week 3 - Day 1
    Tabata - done
    50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg) - done

64 oz. Water - done
    Under calories done

30 min. Kettle Bell workout-Done
  • ruelman83
    Options
    Pygmy Exercises DONE
    Walked 3 miles (60min)

Under Cals - Over Water
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day1
    4 min Tabata
    - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats ,
    50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one, thank God!),
    50 Lunges (25 each leg)
    water over
    Cals under
    Yay I'm happy!!! (((fainting)))
  • LolasEpicJourney
    Options
    Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

DONE

Tabata - done

20 plank ups/downs or whatever done
    water - over
    cals - under
    lorah - exhausted hehehe

Its going to be a 7 day work week for me - so its going to be push push push!!!!
    I am ampt for my vacation in October - got to be fit as a fiddle!!!!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Calories under....check!!
    Water over....check!!
    Bushwoman exercises....check!!
    Tabata.....check!!

I DO believe it was a successful day!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Week 3/Day 1
    80H2O under Cals
    10 Globes
    10 Burpees
    25 Squat Kicks
    25 Toe Touches
    2 mile Walk
  • TunsiAmeri
    TunsiAmeri Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day1
    4 min Tabata
    50 Toe Touches
    50 Crunches
    50 Windshield Wipers
    50 Kick Squats ,
    50 Globe jumps
    50 Lunges (25 each leg)
    Regular workout done
    9 glasses of water
    Cals under

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I'm still feeling icky, not sure what it is, but I have a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I'll recover soon!

I can't believe it's already week 3! How fast time does go ... I hope everyone has a kick and losing @$$ week! :)
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Good Morning Jungle Jewels –

We all had a fabulous day yesterday! Woohoo, there's no slackers on our team!!

So, keeping in that spirit, today's challenges:

PYGMY TRIBE -
    2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    AND
    Week Three Weekly Team Challenge - Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this! Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

OR

BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    AND
    Week Three Weekly Team Challenge - Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break, No stopping!

RISE AND SHINE JEWELS :wink: