WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Afternoon/evening ladies
    Took Alfie out for a walk around the building ,got garbage together and boiled macaroni for macaroni salad.. have to find my bigger bowl before I really mix it all up..
    Taking Dan to work for 9 tomorrow.. i had to ammend my taxes because i dont know how but alimony wasnt in there so i have to pay back the state and IRS oh well
    Lisa- sounds like your having a great time with the family.
    My DD went for ultrasound and she is 6 weeks and a day along and her due date is January 11th,right between her brothers birthday and hers..
    She wont feel good until she gets through the 1st trimester she has to go back in 2 weeks to get another ultrasound.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Katla - Sorry to read about Schooner. He is a big loss.

Tracey
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,652 Member
    Options
    Katla - So sad to hear about the passing of Schooner, he had a good life, you and DH are great doggy parents.

hugs!
    Kim in N. California
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Katla I'm sorry about Schooner. Our furry children are not with us long enough. I know how sad you are

<3 Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    This is a loss that is hard to face. We loved this dog and always will love him. We are sad today and miss him every minute. Someday we’ll look for a sweet puppy to love and enjoy. 😢
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We aren’t ready today. :'(
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    So sorry Katla ... they do become such an an important part of our lives :heartbreak:
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    KATLA so sorry to hear of Schooners passing. It’s so sad when we lose a beloved pet. 😢

Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Katla — Holding you in my heart :heart:
    /Penny at the
    t07190.gif
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,501 Member
    Options
    Katla - I'm so sorry about Schooner.

Lisa in AR
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Katla So sorry to hear of Schooner's passing! Big hugs to you and your DH! ((( <3 ))) KJ
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Well, last night after I got home I decided I was going to eat a "real" meal (usually, I get home so late that I just go for the protein shake and a handful of nuts). I made my big salad (mixed greens, red cabbage, bell pepper, green onion, chopped broccoli, some mushrooms ... and my favorite Italian meat mixture (weighed/diced up) ... with homemade dressing (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, yellow mustard, oregano, salt & pepper). I woke up feeling really good (not tired) or dragging. So ... looks like it was the right decision!

I got the underarmour fitness app set up on my phone, set up four routes (short 1.3 mile walk, 2 mile, 3 mile and 5 mile). I'm not up to walking the five miles yet, but plan to start the 2 mile route next week (my dog will be happy ... she's bored walking the same "circles".

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

exermom wrote: »

LisaKinVA – does your YMCA have one? I know when I lived in Kennett Square, they had one. I THINK the Y in Reston did, but honestly I’m not sure. Good for you getting all that walking in!

s7rw55p5qha8.jpg

I did look for information at our Y ... the closest thing popping up for RMR was in Arlington, VA. Our Y only offers fat caliper measurements (one time). Even the biggest dietician's office in the area only offers fat caliper measurements. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋😊🧡
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Our sweet old dog passed away this morning. We were both with him. Schooner was thirteen years and ten months old today. He was a beloved member of our family and we will miss him. My husband and I are both in tears. We will be taking him to our veterinarian to be cremated this afternoon. :heartbreak: He was a sweet dog and very dear to both of us. :heart:
    :heartbreak: Katla in NW Oregon

Sorry for the loss of your precious sweet dog. The hurt is real and hopefully fond memories will help carry you through this time.

Cheri
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Katla ... add my condolences to the others... so sorry to hear of your loss.

Beth