WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Margaret- i use a generic of Frontine called Pet Armor and put it on Alfie monthly.. havent found any on him yet.. on my blanket yes but flushed those suckers
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Pip-hope your birthday was enjoyable!

Pretty standard day today. Went to work, cleaned up some outstanding tasks. Trying to sort out some HR issues. Came home, had dinner, did a bit of church council work, went for a walk. I could say my life is boring, but I prefer stable or steady.

Had bought a personal watermelon at store (I can't eat a regular melon by myself). Had some after dinner, it is pretty good. Wanted to get it cut up and rind in trash tonight since tomorrow is trash day.

Have a couple of things I must accomplish tomorrow at work before I am off for 5 days. Will leave by 3 so I can go to gym before going to ladies group. We are meeting in person now so it is nice to see everyone. There is something to be said for the convenience of zoom.

Off to get ready for bed.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    Hhhhh
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    dkginger wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've hiked 90 flights of 20 stairs in the past two days (1800 individual stairs) in an attempt to complete this month's stair climbing challenge.

We're closing in on the last few days.

M in Oz

Is this an MFP challenge? I recently started back up and when I click on challenges only my very old ones show up.
    BTW, not sure if I've posted, introduced or have been stalking. I'm 58, live in Arizona and am back on MFP to lose my COVID-25.
    I own a retail business, married 30+ years, have 3 kids and 2 grands all at least 3 hours away. Hubby has had quite serious health problems the last 8 years or so. I am caregiver, sole breadwinner, secretary and CEO of household.
    My life is pretty stressful and I decided to examine my relationship with alcohol this year. Not drinking brought out the sugar demon so that contributed to my weight gain.
    I guess I've been up and down forever since MFP thanked me for 9 years of loyalty LOL.
    I don't have much of a social life so online buddies with similar goals and interests suffice. I hope to be an active part of your special group.

KP in AZ

No ... it's a work challenge. I work in a 10 storey building so we've got lots of stairs to work with.

We're climbing to the top of Mt Wellington (Hobart) this month ... so to speak. The height of Mt Wellington. We've calculated that is 353 flights of 20 individual stairs.

I'm almost there!

Next month we're doing the tallest mountain in Tasmania -- Mount Ossa. That will be 450 flights.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Made it through the day. Will make it an early morning for work stuffs, too drained tonight. Steve too needy tonight as well....grumble. I guess needy is better than indifferent. ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIP!

Lisa- sorry about your friend

Hugs and Love,
    Kylia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    Zzzz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Margaret – we give our cats Revolution Plus to keep the tics away. We buy it from Sierra Meds. Please don’t ask me to explain this, but it’s manufactured in the US but ships from Australia. You may have to wait a week or so to get it, but it’s MUCH cheaper than buying it from the vet.

We did go to Five Guys. I had a veggie sandwich but I did ask it to be on a lettuce wrap. This is the second time I’ve requested a lettuce wrap and both times the place used iceburg lettuce and the veggies just fell right out. I’ve used it at home but used Romaine lettuce and it’s worked out much better. Guess next time I should ask it to be on the roll and not lettuce. Maybe I’ll take one part of the bun off. Who knows? I’ll figure that out later on.

M – congrats on getting the second shot

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Options
    All of Australia will be able to see a total lunar eclipse AND a supermoon, if clouds permit ... tonight! :)

sjwcjm0afsou.png
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    michele and vince - sorry to hear about Bonnie

PIP Happy Birthday!!!

kim in N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    Pip - Happy Birthday!!

Machka - Will you be watching?

Vicki - Congrats on the new grandson.

Lisa - hope the mower is okay. Yikes!

Picked up Nancy to do virtual choir today. We always have fun singing together. Did well with food and exercise. Tomorrow I will finish up the cabin. Our new tenant is supposed to arrive from Philadelphia next Monday. Our previous tenant left a huge mess. She also relieved the hospital of a number of things and then left them here. Surgical drapes, toilet paper, dressings, alcohol prep pads etc. I wonder if there is a way to return at least the drapes to them.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIP!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip. - Hope your birthday was fabulous!

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Busy day planned, am going to bake a few dozen cookies and whatever else I can to take to the farmer's market this weekend. Probably cowboy cookies (toasted oatmeal, pecans and coconut, as well as raisins and chocolate chips and whatever else I can think of in a cookie base made with molasses) and chocolate chip cookies with and without pecans. Might make some banana bread today, but may wait until Friday. Friday I'll make yeast rolls and loaves, and possibly a couple pans of cinnamon rolls. Somewhere in there, I might put together some brownies. I want to try to make my own caramel to add to the brownies, so that may be one that I try the following week.

Yesterday was a pricing trip to Sam's Club, took pics of price cards all over the store to see what ingredients will cost me. Don't want to do this if it costs more to make than I can sell it for... so that means pricing out every ingredient and then defining what each cookie costs. Need to make sure I add the house overhead into that cost - gas, electric, etc., as well as my time. Feels like math problems in school!

When I'm not baking, I hope to be working on this quilt and getting it off my plate, and I also picked up an assignment that's due on Tuesday from one of the customers of the content mill I work for on seven steps for disaster preparedness for business.

I think my husband thought I'd be bored when I retired.

Hahahahaha!

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Aren't Sam's Club things online?