Honestly, how often do you look at yourself in the mirror?

Options
2»

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    For vanity reasons probably a few times a day. For non-vanity reasons more than that as I have a mirror in front of my sink in the bathroom. Then I have a full length mirror in my hallway that I pass a million times a day so it's hard to avoid my own reflection. From someone who absolutely avoided buying a length mirror up until about 5 years ago because I absolutely hated how I looked...I have earned my confidence and if I wanna look at myself, I will. That changes daily though as confident days are hard to come by now-a-days.

You definitely have earned it.😍Good for you.

I’ve never counted. But all day long? I have people around me who would let me walk around with makeup or food smudged on my face (and they have). I’ve gotta lookout for myself and check throughout the day.😂

Those little jerks 🤣
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    All of me? Very rarely. Little bits of me? As needed. I look at my eyes in the morning to put on eye makeup, look at my hair when I style it, check out the latest blackfly bite or whatever. I can be really focused on the details and ignore the whole.

At the beginning of the year I was very ill and got extremely dehydrated. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was pretty horrified, I looked like a corpse. I avoided mirrors for several days after that. :D
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    I’ve never counted how many times but usually to get ready in the mornings, brush my teeth 3X/day and during bathroom breaks from all the water, coffee and herbal teas I’m drinking. Also, if I need to go out to run errands.
  • Jodear1221
    Jodear1221 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning and if I have to leave the house or answer the door and if I have a professional video call .. friends and family I don’t care what I look like 😂
  • Mrrerryt
    Mrrerryt Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Once a day when i say you have s great day
  • Mrrerryt
    Mrrerryt Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lol nah a few times a day dont believe that fool above you .
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Head shots, as little as possible. I tend to avert my gaze when encountering a mirror. Exceptions are when I need to check if my outfit looks okay (about once a week for church, twice if I am going out anywhere for the evening). Then at karate the front of the dojo is a mirror, so I will check out my techniques and cringe at my belly wobbling during jumping jacks
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Mrrerryt wrote: »
    Lol nah a few times a day dont believe that fool above you .

Dang and I did believe that fool. You're never to be trusted again.
    :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Ok. After reading everybody's replies I guess I do catch snippets of myself more often but there's no gawking involved. I look, cringe, then run away screaming. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Okay so if I cut out mirrors at the gym, at home it's every time I'm the bathroom...................and I flex.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    As little as possible.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Also….my gym has no mirrors. And I kinda love it.

Sounds perfect. Of course not typical. I wish mine would do away with them or at least take a few out at the squat rack or deadlift platforms.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Also….my gym has no mirrors. And I kinda love it.

Sounds perfect. Of course not typical. I wish mine would do away with them or at least take a few out at the squat rack or deadlift platforms.

Yeah I like it because of the format. We’re moving around a lot. We have trainers walking around correcting form and stuff.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Honestly? As little as possible. Usually once in the morning to brush my hair and look presentable and then again when I get ready for bed to brush my teeth/floss.

I don't hate what I see in the mirror, but I don't feel the need to feed my ego and/or feel intense lows over a body I can't really change to what I'd like without drastic surgery, either.

I think a gym with no mirrors and I would get along just fine. :heart:
    I do understand their purpose in like.. a weight room though. Proper form is important.