Looking for runners, or wannabe runners, or novice runners

Options
1235»

Replies

• Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm a fellow running addict - training up to do a half marathon in October. I'm carrying a couple of injuries at the moment so having to manage them quite carefully; so 2-4 runs per week, short runs 10km (6mi), long runs 19-20km (11-12mi) and a lot of gym work.

I'd love to connect with similar runners to hear their training patterns / workouts and tips.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Long-time runner here, who has been sidelined quite a bit in recent years after a car accident and misdiagnosed injury.

Anyway, I'm finally on the right path and hoping to get back into training by the end of this year. Working on rebuilding my basic technique at the moment. I'm also studying to become a yoga teacher. I'm finding yoga and running to be a good match.

I'm always happy to add runners for inspiration and motivation. Love to talk about running!
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wish I was nearer as I would join you all :) however I will have to try to find someone more local.. x
  • Dantanian
    Dantanian Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just started running myself to try and shift some of the weight faster, I run a 10k race in 5 weeks and I attempted to run my first 10k on Saturday. I managed it in 1hour 10 which is not too bad considering my lack of practice, I was a bit stiff all day yesterday but feel like doing it all again today.

I would love to add some like minded peeps, so I welcome any new friends too.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    HI,

I just finished up C25K and my first 5K is at the end of August. I started running again this past May. I used to run years ago, and decided to pick it up again. Going to stick with it this time!! Any runners feel free to add me too.
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I started running a few months ago and am completely hooked! I've signed up for my first race in September, a 10k trail through a forest and across a beach. There's a half marathon next March here too, which I'm contemplating signing up for. It'd be 2 days after my bday too - we will see how I do on my 10k :) feel free to add me.
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GaryRussell123456
    GaryRussell123456 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Miguel. I started running about one year ago and am now completely addicted, running around 50 mpw. My favourite race distance is 5K because it's over quickly! Friend request sent.
  • artjat
    artjat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I just.. literally just downloaded the C25K app and my hubbie bought me new running shoes last week. I did the C25k last summer and only madei t to week 4 or 5 before the shin splints and blisters sidelined me but now I have a good pair of asics for running and I'm hoping to make it a little further (like all the way to a 10k) this year.
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    Run 2 1/2 miles 5 days a week
  • melissahunter45
    melissahunter45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also training for a half marathon (mine is in October). I love running and one of my reasons for joining this program is so I can be a better runner! How is your training going? Other runners feel free to add me too:)
  • maurej2021
    maurej2021 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Long time runner. I've done pretty much every distance. Would love to work on diet as I think I have exercise covered.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I got to the point where I could run 3 miles a few years ago. Now I am working my way back to that point again!!!