Looking for a motivation group!

Down 49lbs this year and looking for a group of people who need that motivation. I recently got a blood clot in my lungs (pulmonary embolism) from taking birth control and it really made me push forward to start eating better, single portion size food. Right now I try to stay under my sodium and sugar intake, I’m try to be active most of the week, and go to the gym twice or three times a week with my fiancé. I’ve cut out sodas (I do have an occasional diet soda but I don’t keep them in the house, reduce my sugar tooth to sugar free items if I want a snack here or there, only baked chips or low macro chips, 6-8 glasses of water daily, and I try to still to cooking my meals. I do not use table salt but I’ll occasionally use a pinch or a little more of my sea salt.

A little more about me…
I’m multi-racial, I love cooking, singing, drawing when I’m in the mood, and being goofy. I can make anyone feel comfortable with just my voice. I’ve had a hard time making friends as I don’t know how to be the social butterfly I once was. My last two relationships really kept me sheltered, but no worries the one I’m in now is a lot different and I’m thankful for it.

So is anyone looking to maybe start a group with me, or something like that?

Replies

• shcurran6480
    shcurran6480 Posts: 16 Member
    I need friends and motivation to stay on track, I just started CrossFit!
  • Illusions20
    Illusions20 Posts: 16 Member
    Feel free to add me! 😁
  • CelestialInsomniac
    CelestialInsomniac Posts: 42 Member

Awesome sauce! I wish I could do cross fit. My doctor says I can start running in a few months but slowly. Once my blood clot is gone I definitely want to run/walk/jog a 5k.

• CelestialInsomniac
    Feel free to add me! 😁

Sure thing!
  • Kitessa87
    Kitessa87 Posts: 18 Member
    Down 49lbs this year and looking for a group of people who need that motivation. I recently got a blood clot in my lungs (pulmonary embolism) from taking birth control and it really made me push forward to start eating better, single portion size food. Right now I try to stay under my sodium and sugar intake, I’m try to be active most of the week, and go to the gym twice or three times a week with my fiancé. I’ve cut out sodas (I do have an occasional diet soda but I don’t keep them in the house, reduce my sugar tooth to sugar free items if I want a snack here or there, only baked chips or low macro chips, 6-8 glasses of water daily, and I try to still to cooking my meals. I do not use table salt but I’ll occasionally use a pinch or a little more of my sea salt.

A little more about me…
    I’m multi-racial, I love cooking, singing, drawing when I’m in the mood, and being goofy. I can make anyone feel comfortable with just my voice. I’ve had a hard time making friends as I don’t know how to be the social butterfly I once was. My last two relationships really kept me sheltered, but no worries the one I’m in now is a lot different and I’m thankful for it.

Add me in please! You post is so inspirational. I have an awful lot of weight to loose and need motivation. I made a few friends here already but I will welcome so more, especially females that will understand the blues of loosing weight. I would love to have someone for chats and even sharing recipes and all. This is my fourth come back to MFP and it must be successful. I never been heavier that I am now so I really need to push myself forward.
  • michanda2015
    michanda2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Add me please! Looking for friendly motivation!
  • CelestialInsomniac
    Kitessa87 wrote: »

A little more about me…

Add me in please! You post is so inspirational. I have an awful lot of weight to loose and need motivation. I made a few friends here already but I will welcome so more, especially females that will understand the blues of loosing weight. I would love to have someone for chats and even sharing recipes and all. This is my fourth come back to MFP and it must be successful. I never been heavier that I am now so I really need to push myself forward.

Absolutely, and thank you for the compliment 🥰. I’m trying to figure out if the people who’d like to join us would want to do a SMS group chat, maybe a Facebook one, or if we are able to do a group chat here I’m down! Honestly the blood clot is what made me take my health seriously. Now granted my mom is here for this month so she has taken me a few times to eat things that weren’t the best. I either chose options based on their nutrition facts, depending on the macros that would be my meal, or id I would only eat half of what I got. What really has helped was eating single portion food, taking out soda (I’ll have the occasional diet soda which will change when my mom leaves, but I try to stay away from aspartame as that’s the worse one for you), staying under 2000mg of soda and having low sugar/sugar free things.
  • CelestialInsomniac
    Add me please! Looking for friendly motivation!

Friend request sent your way!
  • mitz_bitz
    mitz_bitz Posts: 24 Member

A little more about me…

I second that, your story is definitely inspiring! We have a lot in common - multiracial, sweet tooth, love of cooking and drawing (but I’m a terrible singer! 🥴) I just had a baby and wanting to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I have 30 lbs to lose but ideally I’m hoping to get into better shape than I was pre-pregnancy. I’d love more support buddies! Add me!

• CelestialInsomniac
    mitz_bitz wrote: »

A little more about me…

I second that, your story is definitely inspiring! We have a lot in common - multiracial, sweet tooth, love of cooking and drawing (but I’m a terrible singer! 🥴) I just had a baby and wanting to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I have 30 lbs to lose but ideally I’m hoping to get into better shape than I was pre-pregnancy. I’d love more support buddies! Add me!

Thank you 🙌🏼💜
    We do!! Congrats on the baby, and I’m definitely excited to get this group together👏🏼
  • fabulouslady1911
    fabulouslady1911 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Celeste,
    This is my first week to the group. I admire your testimony. You sound like a real nice person. I also need the positive motivation. Keep following your doctor's instructions and I pray you heal quickly. Today I was able to walk 6,000 steps. A personal goal, despite arthritis knees and bilateral knee injections a week ago. My Orthopedic doctor is who recommended this app.
  • fabulouslady1911
    fabulouslady1911 Posts: 5 Member

Hi, what CrossFit
  • CelestialInsomniac
    Hi Celeste,
    This is my first week to the group. I admire your testimony. You sound like a real nice person. I also need the positive motivation. Keep following your doctor's instructions and I pray you heal quickly. Today I was able to walk 6,000 steps. A personal goal, despite arthritis knees and bilateral knee injections a week ago. My Orthopedic doctor is who recommended this app.

Thank you, you do too! I feel like we all have those days we’re we second guess ourselves or maybe want to give up, so support and motivation is definitely needed. I need someone to help me stay on the the path to a better me. I know my self control and will is strong right now however I don’t know how strong it will be once I get to my goal weight (260lb).

That’s amazing, congratulations!! That’s a big accomplishment and I’m proud of you and that strength! Keep pushing through!!💜
  • victoria1199
    victoria1199 Posts: 5 Member

A little more about me…

A little more about me…

• victoria1199
    victoria1199 Posts: 5 Member
    I would love to be part of your group. I just rejoined (my intro is in the intro forum). Please add me and friend me. I don't know much about how MFP works, I used to use it to follow my sister and then I did WW. But she convinced me to give it a try over here, so here I am!
  • CelestialInsomniac
    I would love to be part of your group. I just rejoined (my intro is in the intro forum). Please add me and friend me. I don't know much about how MFP works, I used to use it to follow my sister and then I did WW. But she convinced me to give it a try over here, so here I am!

That’s sweet of her! Sure I’ll give you an add.
    Well MFP helps with macros, calorie counting, keeping a calorie deficit, keeping up with your daily goals (sodium, sugar, cholesterol, carbs, and etc.), having friends and family that you can socialize with, keep track of your steps, and so much more. I’m going to make a Facebook group tonight and post the link in here, anyone feel free to join! I’ll also need some admin, but I feel like a Facebook group is better because I’ve gotten so many adds, and we all can motivate/help each other 🙌🏼
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    I'd like to be part of a motivational group. Did you know you can create a group in MFP and have your own message boards.
    I joined this one
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140760-100-pounds-to-lose

but happy to join another if you create one (don't really do facebook)
  • CelestialInsomniac
    Steve25k wrote: »
    I'd like to be part of a motivational group. Did you know you can create a group in MFP and have your own message boards.
    I joined this one
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140760-100-pounds-to-lose

but happy to join another if you create one (don't really do facebook)

Ah that’s cool! Hmm, let me figure that out today and I’ll try and make one. Thank you for the insight. 💜
  • CelestialInsomniac
    If anyone knows how to make a group on here please let me know. The step by step guide I found does not help. In the community there is a group tab, however I don’t have that sub tab to select 😬