What's on your mind?

Replies

• Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    So much right now. I'm currently taking 15 credit hours of college classes, working full time, coaching softball, and whatever free time I can find, I'm trying to do something outside. I've never been busier, but I'm thinking that's not a bad thing. Also, I'm off of every single mind numbing medication I've been on for the last few years. It's kind of strange to have normal emotions again. I'm about a month in with no 'depression' meds and I feel better than ever.

❤️❤️
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited June 2021
    Well, figuring I had a healthy immune system and could probably take it, I already dove in. I feel fine so far.....

Go start a thread asking that original question over in debate. Then follow up with this. One or two over that may have some opinions and recommendations for you. 🤙🏼
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    Lunch, what I crave and what I should eat are two entirely different things. 😔
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »

*Do what I do….

Assign numbers then ask others to pick the numbers.

For example…

1- chicken
    2- seafood
    3- beer

1 - American cheese
    2- Swiss cheese
    3- beer

1- white
    2- wheat
    3- beer

Then, ask for 3 numbers, 1-3, and that’s your meal**

* honest, that’s what I do eating out at new places.

** Hope for 3-3-3 but eat whatever you get.

Brilliant! 😂
  • tmanfive
    edited June 2021
    tmanfive wrote: »

*Do what I do….

Assign numbers then ask others to pick the numbers.

For example…

1- chicken
    2- seafood
    3- beer

1 - American cheese
    2- Swiss cheese
    3- beer

1- white
    2- wheat
    3- beer

Then, ask for 3 numbers, 1-3, and that’s your meal**

* honest, that’s what I do eating out at new places.

** Hope for 3-3-3 but eat whatever you get.

Brilliant! 😂

Dudeette, seriously. Im very structured and don’t like change. I won’t deviate. Same thing EVERY TIME. So I leave it up to the server or someone else.

I’m rarely disappointed when it’s the server who gives me the numbers.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I guess doctors don’t call/text/email anyone anymore. My bloodwork had been in for ages and not even a follow up appointment!🤷🏻‍♀️
    I logged into my account and looked myself. Everything is normal except low in bilirubin which seems to not be a issue. I’m shocked everything came back perfect.
    I’ve been sleeping a whole lot and can’t shake exhaustion. I’m not working too hard so I don’t know what it is. Joints are still a issue. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Exactly no answers, no guesses and I feel like there’s for sure something getting progressively worse.
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Seeing more people drive Tesla on the road .
    It's funny I remember when everyone wanted a big ole hummer .
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    I guess doctors don’t call/text/email anyone anymore. My bloodwork had been in for ages and not even a follow up appointment!🤷🏻‍♀️
    I logged into my account and looked myself. Everything is normal except low in bilirubin which seems to not be a issue. I’m shocked everything came back perfect.
    I’ve been sleeping a whole lot and can’t shake exhaustion. I’m not working too hard so I don’t know what it is. Joints are still a issue. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Exactly no answers, no guesses and I feel like there’s for sure something getting progressively worse.

I see a nutritionist and she looks at the tests a little differently. She looks for very subtle changes. It can give you some really great insight to things before they actually become issues that might need meds/surgery. So the doctors ranges might only indicate a larger problem but she looks at them with a smaller range in mind. I don’t know if this makes sense or if anyone else can help you look at your tests but sometimes it helps. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea. Regardless it’s sucks that there seems to be very little follow up so often on these things. It’s happened to me before too.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I see a nutritionist and she looks at the tests a little differently. She looks for very subtle changes. It can give you some really great insight to things before they actually become issues that might need meds/surgery. So the doctors ranges might only indicate a larger problem but she looks at them with a smaller range in mind. I don’t know if this makes sense or if anyone else can help you look at your tests but sometimes it helps. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea. Regardless it’s sucks that there seems to be very little follow up so often on these things. It’s happened to me before too.

Ya, nutrition is my last guess. I’m sensitive to everything these days so maybe it’s what I’m eating. I thought a allergy test would tell me what to look out for but doc explained it’s not for intolerances so I didn’t get it done. I will be looking into different healthcare professionals because I’d like for my money to go to someone who at least cares about business enough to follow up.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Ya, nutrition is my last guess. I’m sensitive to everything these days so maybe it’s what I’m eating. I thought a allergy test would tell me what to look out for but doc explained it’s not for intolerances so I didn’t get it done. I will be looking into different healthcare professionals because I’d like for my money to go to someone who at least cares about business enough to follow up.

And I should add when I say I “see a nutritionist” I see my regular dr when my insurance forces me to (or if I’m having an issue). The nutritionist and her husband are also pharmacists who work at a store that has great supplements. So I just walk in and talk to her. She’s never pushy with selling stuff. She’ll take an hour with you and look at your tests and ask questions and make recommendations. Sometimes you walk out without even purchasing anything. I can’t believe they provide this service. She’s really in it for pure reasons. I hope you get answers!
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Can't sleep at 2:40am, so my new way to relieve annoyance, which keeps me awake longer, is to binge watch something on the computer 'til I fall asleep.

These wee hours, I'm deciding on moving onto S2 of House of Cards (if my brain can decipher political gibberish this early) or to begin S1 of The Undoing (even though Hugh Grant had the charisma of a turnip in this show... saw it twice). Or, maybe watch Succession for a 3rd time (great, but I know the storylines too well). I just can't take the 40th viewing of The Sopranos, as good as it was.

Or, maybe, I'll just fall asleep. 'night world...

i5vj7olyz0sj.png
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I guess you didn't read Tman's story about his series of unfortunate events concerning hot peppers. :)
    Hope you feel better soon!

That reminds me of many years ago when dh and I went to visit his family 8 hours away. His brother, who thought he was being oh so funny, told his nephew to eat the hot peppers on the shelf. Poor little guy loved peppers but didn't know these were of the hot variety. He couldn't have been more than 6-8 at the time. My BIL and dh nearly bust a gut laughing at the poor kid. :( Rotten rotten thing to do. :(
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    6h4ej8y9w7br.png

I'm not scared... or angry... & I'd never fight a rabbit cuz it would be like fighting a kitten. That's just wrong... cuz, they always win.

Have a good week, All!
  • tmanfive
    I've got habanero pepper in my eyes 😑. I washed my hands thoroughly with dish soap after chopping them and it still somehow got me. And my fingertips are still somehow starting to burn

*edit
    Turns out my eyes are actually fine, but my fingers are burning. Just working with those habanero peppers was enough to affect my respiratory system without even tasting them. I greatly underestimated those things 😬

Yep. Like Ms @ReenieHJ said. Gloves, bro. Always wear gloves handling hot peppers.

Learn from others mistakes. 😆