What's on your mind?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2021
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I guess you didn't read Tman's story about his series of unfortunate events concerning hot peppers. :)
    Hope you feel better soon!

That reminds me of many years ago when dh and I went to visit his family 8 hours away. His brother, who thought he was being oh so funny, told his nephew to eat the hot peppers on the shelf. Poor little guy loved peppers but didn't know these were of the hot variety. He couldn't have been more than 6-8 at the time. My BIL and dh nearly bust a gut laughing at the poor kid. :( Rotten rotten thing to do. :(

Where be this story?

This thread 🙂
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10687801/let-me-know-you-a-little-better#latest
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Hotness. The day is filled with it today. And darn, the neighbor mowed their lawn so now mine is the tallest on the street. Well, it's going to stay that way so there.
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    READ THE SIGN

Seriously....that's what's going through my mind. I work in a medical office. We have been doing this COVID stuff for over a year now. The sign is MASSIVE so you can't miss that you need to remain in your car and call us. And for the love! If I hear "I'm vaccinated" one more time I'm going to lose my mind! 12 hours of repeating "Did someone call you in? No? Ok, our number is the sign on the door, please return to your vehicle and calls us to register" "But I'm only here for xyz" Mmmhhmmm, I hear ya, please step out and give us a call.

And my gosh, the verbal abuse people sling lately. Vacation can't come soon enough!

That is all. Thanks for letting me rant
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Zoomie402 wrote: »
    READ THE SIGN

Seriously....that's what's going through my mind. I work in a medical office. We have been doing this COVID stuff for over a year now. The sign is MASSIVE so you can't miss that you need to remain in your car and call us. And for the love! If I hear "I'm vaccinated" one more time I'm going to lose my mind! 12 hours of repeating "Did someone call you in? No? Ok, our number is the sign on the door, please return to your vehicle and calls us to register" "But I'm only here for xyz" Mmmhhmmm, I hear ya, please step out and give us a call.

And my gosh, the verbal abuse people sling lately. Vacation can't come soon enough!

..... but what if they're already vaccinated ?
  • Zoomie402
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    READ THE SIGN

Hahaha! I'm internally screaming right now :D

Then they can still wait in their dang car like everyone else. Thank goodness too, because this past year working at a COVID testing site urgent care has made me a lot less peopley.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    READ THE SIGN

Then they can still wait in their dang car like everyone else. Thank goodness too, because this past year working at a COVID testing site urgent care has made me a lot less peopley.

My niece works in her dh's medical office and she gets so exasperated by people who refuse to wear a mask. Recently another doctor and his dw both came in, weren't wearing masks and were very rude about it all.
    It's gotta be near impossible to keep that pleasant smile pasted on your face while people are going over the edge about a stupid mask or saying to themselves 'you CAN'T mean me can you?'
  • Zoomie402
    READ THE SIGN

My niece works in her dh's medical office and she gets so exasperated by people who refuse to wear a mask. Recently another doctor and his dw both came in, weren't wearing masks and were very rude about it all.
    It's gotta be near impossible to keep that pleasant smile pasted on your face while people are going over the edge about a stupid mask or saying to themselves 'you CAN'T mean me can you?'

It's the being rude that gets to me. I get it. I really REALLY do. I don't like checking people in over the phone because it can lead to mistakes in spelling and insurance info, etc. I also know it's frustrating for the patient because they don't feel well and just want to be seen. However, I have had some really nasty people come in. Yes, out mandates have lifted with the exception of medical offices. Yelling and being down right nasty isn't going to get them in the door any faster.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    READ THE SIGN

.... but what if they're really, really vaccinated ?
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    READ THE SIGN

You are simply the worst ❤️
  • Zoomie402
    READ THE SIGN

*sigh* FINE! I'll get some gold star stickers and make sure they get one by their name every time they walk in :D

• slimgirljo15
    Coffee ☕
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    This is expected to begin on Wed...

giphy.gif

At least I'll have time to venture out tomorrow to p/u some gum & tiny cans of Coke, in case I have to sit in the closet, riding out the storm.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Got a great compliment from a woman today, im sure she was just trying to get a better price on a kitchen renovation....but hey, im still gonna think she meant it anyway.

Did it work? Did she get a discount?
  • slimgirljo15
    edited June 2021
    https://www.pacecenter.org/

Quick trip to Florida tomorrow to visit my daughter's grave and to donate an AED and provide training on it to the organization in my link. So, a lot on my mind right now.

What a great organisation 🙂 thats awesome you are donating the AED (defib).. they are life savers.
    Visiting her grave must be tough, I can't imagine 😔
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    So my night shift team is disbanded starting next month. Nobody lost their jobs but we do have to choose somewhere to go. This is great news to me because I’ve been wanting to transfer and they were holding me hostage because they couldn’t keep people on this team. 🥳 Literally everyone was happy.