Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Welcome New Members!

Replies

• aishwarya26194
    aishwarya26194 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm new here, looking for ideas, support, and accountability in my weight loss journey.
  • DrSapper
    DrSapper Posts: 2 Member
    New to this app but not fitness. Can't wait to meet new people through it. Not sure how the social side works still lol. POSITIVE VIBES 💯
  • bekkiboyd96
    bekkiboyd96 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm happy to be a new member of this community and have actually been utilizing this app for weightloss inspiration and helping me be more disciplined. In the past 2 weeks I lost 2 lbs. I'm excited to keep going to reach my health & wellness goals!
  • MarqueeMoon222
    MarqueeMoon222 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 26, currently dealing with an ankle injury and trying to cut fast food down quite a bit. I’m currently 180 and I’m working to get to 160, mainly through diet and working out.
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 171 Member
    I’m 26, currently dealing with an ankle injury and trying to cut fast food down quite a bit. I’m currently 180 and I’m working to get to 160, mainly through diet and working out.

This is a good opportunity to concentrate on cutting your calorie intake and work in exercise as your ankle gets better. Think in terms of 80% diet and 20% exercise. As you've already learned, relying on exercise too much can leave you stranded if injury or aging forces you onto the bench. You'll be surprised how much you can do by just tracking your calorie intake and shaving calories here and there. Good luck and now that you've started, never, ever quit! 👍👍
  • cjcj748
    cjcj748 Posts: 12 Member
    Another newbie checking in! Not my first time on MFP but hopefully my last. I'm 37 and in the UK, would be great to meet some more people from here.
  • tinaBawesome
    tinaBawesome Posts: 92 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I was on this app awhile back and giving it a go again, per my MD & I just signed up to a local gym, I will be doing my workouts at home, at my pace though and so I'm here once again. So ready to feel healthy again & looking good? Even better.
    Tina
  • Brooklyn_Born
    Brooklyn_Born Posts: 64 Member
    Hello, another refugee from Spark here. Posted my first blog and have some questions about procedure (graphics? links? Saving my edits?). Also looking for other refugees and looking forward to finding new friends as well.
  • kwarvin
    kwarvin Posts: 1 Member
    Hi my name is Kylie (fitness insta is fitness.recoverz). I lost 120lbs in 2019, but developed hypotension and got diagnosed with Pots syndrome. So I plateaued hard and haven’t moved on the scale since. I’m working to get back into the swing of things and have dropped 6 lbs since I got back into it.
  • mamachanged37
    mamachanged37 Posts: 3 Member
    Good morning new person here :)
  • bermenstein
    bermenstein Posts: 4 Member
    Hi
    ✊🙋🏻‍♂️
  • pokatiam
    pokatiam Posts: 9 Member
    I'm try to cutting and maintain muscle, wish me luck and good luck to you all
  • bibekrajsharma
    bibekrajsharma Posts: 1 Member
    Hello from Nepal. Trying to lose some belly fat.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Hello, all! I joined MFP years ago and had good success with it, and now I'm back for more! I'd love to have some friends on here to interact with and keep me engaged and accountable, so please feel free to add me. Thanks, y'all!
  • forr3suk
    forr3suk Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all,
    I am in need to lose around 15kg and coupled with starting at a gym, monitoring and adjusting my calorie intake will be a different challenge for me as Crisps are my kryptonite 👍
  • Hashira4
    Hashira4 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone. I am trying to be more healthy to get myself up and moving with vigor again. Always been lazy (or perhaps nervous) to join a community since I have usually been by myself. Hoping to find lots of motivation here. Cheers
  • doramiyi
    doramiyi Posts: 2 Member
    Signed up yesterday. This is the year I’ve decided to do something to get healthier. I’ve never been on any type of fitness/weight loss programs. I thoroughly enjoy eating.

I recently trialed Noom for a couple weeks and cancelled. And now trying out MyFitnessPal (MFP) to see what suites me best. I am currently on the free version of MFP, but may consider trialing Premium.

I hope to become healthier by means of incorporating more exercise and exploring healthier food options. As I thoroughly enjoy eating, dieting is not a method I would pursue. But healthier food choices is definitely something I can work with ☺️
  • aeborowski
    aeborowski Posts: 72 Member
    Hi there! I've been there, done that a few times now (without success). It's never too late to pick yourself up and start over again, right? My main goal is overall health improvement, but a smaller goal is to be able to participate in a 5k this fall. :#

Wish me luck! And don't hesitate to add me as a friend if you are looking for a cheerleader, accountability partner or just a ton of sarcasm.
  • ur1andonlyangel
    ur1andonlyangel Posts: 124 Member
    palama1 wrote: »
    Starting over! Have to get serious for my health and self perception!

Me too!