Welcome New Members!

Replies

• lifeshyinlove
    lifeshyinlove Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! My name is Lifeshy and I am 40 years old. Attempting to get healthy and excited about enjoying the process!
    I have been only on this for 3 days now so very new to everything. Trying to follow the eating plan as best as I can and have been walking for an hour a day. Hoping to lose the weight Ive put on during covid lockdown and due to new medications. Feeling motivated! Hope I can keep up the forward motion.
    Wishing everyone success at meeting their goals whatever they may be!
  • skorman06
    skorman06 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi-I'm looking for help with working with a dietitian who will work with somebody with a nonexistent budget.
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 158 Member
    That's the trick... make it a long and healthy life and it will be the only last try you need. Best of luck and wishes for your success!

;)
    livimil wrote: »
    Hey everybody! This ain't my first go round with weightloss but this will be the go round that counts the most! Looking forward to making friends to motivate each other!

• Lisa6of6
    Lisa6of6 Posts: 2 Member
    Long time lurker, first-time poster... I've been on MFP on and off for a couple of months. I've been on the weight loss journey since 6th grade. For a brief moment, I was at my goal weight. I'm back at it again.
  • jajbybfg
    jajbybfg Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Jonathan. I’m looking for a community for accountability and to maintain motivation.
  • everpetal86
    everpetal86 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone. My name is Terry. I've struggled with my weight for ages now. This isn't my first go with My Fitness Pal, but it is the beginning of a lifelong relationship I suspect. I have had high blood pressure and sleep apnea for awhile due to my weight and inability to commit myself to a diet. I was told today that my blood sugar was a touch high at my last draw and had an A1C taken. It may all come back normal, I know, but diabetes does run in my family, so I'm going to presume this is the next thing. It's time to change my eating habits for real and lose some weight. My long-term goal is lifelong tracking of foods to help me keep tabs and make better choices. Short-term goal, let's make it a week tracking everything. I'd like to think this message will be from when I truly hit bottom; only improvement from here on out! Look forward to being a part of the community!
  • arthaballermo
    arthaballermo Posts: 2 Member
    hey folks! I'm new here, looking forward to getting back on the fitness train after a year of laziness! Good luck to you all too
  • helsbels2621
    helsbels2621 Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hi everyone. After losing loads of weight last summer when my gallbladder was really painful I've now lost the gallbladder and gained the weight and am the heaviest I've ever been :-( I've been a member before on here but never really made the most of it so here goes!

Would love some friends from the UK!
  • aishwarya26194
    aishwarya26194 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm new here, looking for ideas, support, and accountability in my weight loss journey.
  • DrSapper
    DrSapper Posts: 2 Member
    New to this app but not fitness. Can't wait to meet new people through it. Not sure how the social side works still lol. POSITIVE VIBES 💯
  • bekkiboyd96
    bekkiboyd96 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm happy to be a new member of this community and have actually been utilizing this app for weightloss inspiration and helping me be more disciplined. In the past 2 weeks I lost 2 lbs. I'm excited to keep going to reach my health & wellness goals!
  • MarqueeMoon222
    MarqueeMoon222 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 26, currently dealing with an ankle injury and trying to cut fast food down quite a bit. I’m currently 180 and I’m working to get to 160, mainly through diet and working out.
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 158 Member
    I’m 26, currently dealing with an ankle injury and trying to cut fast food down quite a bit. I’m currently 180 and I’m working to get to 160, mainly through diet and working out.

This is a good opportunity to concentrate on cutting your calorie intake and work in exercise as your ankle gets better. Think in terms of 80% diet and 20% exercise. As you've already learned, relying on exercise too much can leave you stranded if injury or aging forces you onto the bench. You'll be surprised how much you can do by just tracking your calorie intake and shaving calories here and there. Good luck and now that you've started, never, ever quit! 👍👍
  • cjcj748
    cjcj748 Posts: 12 Member
    Another newbie checking in! Not my first time on MFP but hopefully my last. I'm 37 and in the UK, would be great to meet some more people from here.
  • tinaBawesome
    tinaBawesome Posts: 92 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I was on this app awhile back and giving it a go again, per my MD & I just signed up to a local gym, I will be doing my workouts at home, at my pace though and so I'm here once again. So ready to feel healthy again & looking good? Even better.
    Tina
  • Brooklyn_Born
    Brooklyn_Born Posts: 64 Member
    Hello, another refugee from Spark here. Posted my first blog and have some questions about procedure (graphics? links? Saving my edits?). Also looking for other refugees and looking forward to finding new friends as well.
  • kwarvin
    kwarvin Posts: 1 Member
    Hi my name is Kylie (fitness insta is fitness.recoverz). I lost 120lbs in 2019, but developed hypotension and got diagnosed with Pots syndrome. So I plateaued hard and haven’t moved on the scale since. I’m working to get back into the swing of things and have dropped 6 lbs since I got back into it.
  • mamachanged37
    mamachanged37 Posts: 3 Member
    Good morning new person here :)
  • bermenstein
    bermenstein Posts: 4 Member
    Hi
    ✊🙋🏻‍♂️