Please, my Friends, don't lecture me

I am all game. I am obese, almost housebound. I don't know anything about exercise. I am here fighting for my life. I have lost 25 pounds with the help of MFP, a dietician, books I bought about emotional eating like "you can't eat love". I don't need a quick fix. I need to find a way that will work forever. I am a woman who weighs over 300 pounds.

You all mean so well, but please stop lecturing me or give me advice or send me messages telling me what I should do. It's all so confusing.

I don't want to have gastric bypass surgery.
I don't want diet pills.
I don't know what micro nutritions are.
I don't know what Keto is. Maybe later.
I don't want to eat more protein. 4000 calories of protein are still 4000 calories.
I can't exercise. I have to get my strengths up to be able to walk first.
I don't want to cleanse. I only clean my house occasionally.
I don't want to go to therapy.
I don't want a personal trainer (yet).
I don't want to become a vegetarian.
I don't want to give up all my comfort food.
I know I have days when everything goes south. Don't we all?
I drink water I just don't log it.
I don't want to buy the products you want me to buy.

I am in this mess because I eat too much and I never questioned why. There is no quick fix. This will take time.
I cut down calories and I try to get more mobile. That's all I can do for now. It takes all I have+

I love motivation and inspiration. I love all the comments. I love knowing I am not alone. I suck up the success stories.

Please, no more telling me what I need to do or change. I am trying.

Replies

• TheWaistBasket
    TheWaistBasket Posts: 56 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Not a lecture but a suggestion: save the URL to this thread.

That way, the next time someone offers you unsolicited advice your only reply is a link that leads them here.

You'll quickly whittle down friends to get to the most constructive interactions you need at that point in time.

Love it. Will do.
  • saramelie77
    saramelie77 Posts: 50 Member
    I hear you! Keep counting and trust the process. Other things can for sure help, but calories counting alone (staying at deficit) WILL get you there eventually!