If you could run MFP Community...

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    @ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Allow people to simply send others private messages without being friends. I $u@k at being friends but sometimes I just want to give a private or personal shout-out to someone, ya know?

I have received messages from people that I’m not friends with? Just last week.🤷🏽‍♀️

Its possible that you may have been friends with them before.. old friends that are no longer on your fl can still contact you 🙂
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Allow people to simply send others private messages without being friends. I $u@k at being friends but sometimes I just want to give a private or personal shout-out to someone, ya know?

I have received messages from people that I’m not friends with? Just last week.🤷🏽‍♀️

Its possible that you may have been friends with them before.. old friends that are no longer on your fl can still contact you 🙂

That’s right! We were. I thought it was weird because I’ve read here and there that you can’t message people if you’re not friends.

Why did they do that⁉️
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    edited July 2021
    I would appoint @ReenieHJ as head of the anti-spam task force. We're gonna clean up the filth 'round here!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member

That’s right! We were. I thought it was weird because I’ve read here and there that you can’t message people if you’re not friends.

Why did they do that⁉️

The bots.
  • slimgirljo15

Why did they do that⁉️

I think it was because a lot of people were getting random creepy messages. Its also why people can't see messages in their friend request anymore, that feature was disabled.

I'd bring that feature back.. I miss seeing a message in my fr requests ( not that everyone adds one)
  • slimgirljo15
    edited July 2021
    I would appoint @ReenieHJ as head of the anti-spam task force. We're gonna clean up the filth 'round here!

What filth?

Asking for a friend 😁

Actually thats a good idea appointing Reenie as head of anti-spam task force but I say we go further and appoint her Forum Queen to rule as she sees fit 😃 that would be fun. 🥳
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Start monitoring the site again and getting rid of all the non-MFP/weight fitness messages. It's getting ridiculous. Return it back to the great weight loss community it used to be. Not a social media for all these random, creepy, non weight loss messages. You have to really look too even find messages related to losing weight and fittness anymore. Come on guys (MFP), your better than this.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Start monitoring the site again and getting rid of all the non-MFP/weight fitness messages. It's getting ridiculous. Return it back to the great weight loss community it used to be. Not a social media for all these random, creepy, non weight loss messages. You have to really look too even find messages related to losing weight and fittness anymore. Come on guys (MFP), your better than this.

....... you lost me at 'creepy'
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Ummm. Oh. Maybe they were just ignoring me. :'(:#

Dang that Jo.
  • ReenieHJ

What filth?

Asking for a friend 😁

Actually thats a good idea appointing Reenie as head of anti-spam task force but I say we go further and appoint her Forum Queen to rule as she sees fit 😃 that would be fun. 🥳

Flagging as I comment. I'm no fun. Just ask anybody in my RL.
    And as much as I stick my nose in the air when someone mentions spam, I actually used to like it, a little mayo, cheese and toast.
    <3
  • ReenieHJ
    edited July 2021
    I would implement a reward system like Chuck E. Cheese where you can trade in your likes and hugs for really awful prizes.

YES! Although it should be place of choice cause I'd prefer amazon gift cards. I always waited for the award to hit me when they announce I'd achieved one. But then nothing. Anti-climactic.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member

Dang that Jo.

That’s okay, she told me she put me on the ignore list, but I’m at the top of her ignore list!🙌🏽💃🏽🥰
  • slimgirljo15

Dang that Jo.

That’s okay, she told me she put me on the ignore list, but I’m at the top of her ignore list!🙌🏽💃🏽🥰

You two 😂🤣
    ❤ ya both 🤗
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

What filth?

Asking for a friend 😁

Flagging as I comment. I'm no fun. Just ask anybody in my RL.
    And as much as I stick my nose in the air when someone mentions spam, I actually used to like it, a little mayo, cheese and toast.
    <3

Fried spam 🤤. Toss in sone fried mush with butter. 🤤🤤
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member

Why did they do that⁉️

I think it was because a lot of people were getting random creepy messages. Its also why people can't see messages in their friend request anymore, that feature was disabled.

I'd bring that feature back.. I miss seeing a message in my fr requests ( not that everyone adds one)

Its just censorship. It is becoming normal and accepted everywhere. Why would it be any different here?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Easy one..

Like other forums I belong to.. show who like/disagree etc your post .

Can you imagine? It would be like Antifa having to take their masks off. There would only be about three people on here with the stones to disagree with anything then.

Nope--you're wrong. The disagree feature is fairly new. I've been here 8 years and people didn't hold back. There were pages of arguing and escalation and rage quits. Things are tame now. People have no qualms about ripping you apart in public. There are more stones out there than you think.
This discussion has been closed.