Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

If you could run MFP Community...

13»

Replies

  • JessD9031JessD9031 Member Posts: 581 Member Member Posts: 581 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Easy one..

    Like other forums I belong to.. show who like/disagree etc your post .

    Can you imagine? It would be like Antifa having to take their masks off. There would only be about three people on here with the stones to disagree with anything then.

    Nope--you're wrong. The disagree feature is fairly new. I've been here 8 years and people didn't hold back. There were pages of arguing and escalation and rage quits. Things are tame now. People have no qualms about ripping you apart in public. There are more stones out there than you think.

    Ohhh, for the good old days. If you quit because you can't defend your position or take the heat, you don't need to be here anyway. Just go to a safe space.

    Or maybe this is a safe space?
  • JessD9031JessD9031 Member Posts: 581 Member Member Posts: 581 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Easy one..

    Like other forums I belong to.. show who like/disagree etc your post .

    Can you imagine? It would be like Antifa having to take their masks off. There would only be about three people on here with the stones to disagree with anything then.

    Nope--you're wrong. The disagree feature is fairly new. I've been here 8 years and people didn't hold back. There were pages of arguing and escalation and rage quits. Things are tame now. People have no qualms about ripping you apart in public. There are more stones out there than you think.

    And kudos to you for responding, and not just hitting 'disagree". I have great respect for that.

    And I "liked" your post.
    edited July 6
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 265,153 Member Member Posts: 265,153 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    @ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Allow people to simply send others private messages without being friends. I [email protected] at being friends but sometimes I just want to give a private or personal shout-out to someone, ya know?

    I have received messages from people that I’m not friends with? Just last week.🤷🏽‍♀️

    Its possible that you may have been friends with them before.. old friends that are no longer on your fl can still contact you 🙂

    That’s right! We were. I thought it was weird because I’ve read here and there that you can’t message people if you’re not friends.

    Why did they do that⁉️

    I think it was because a lot of people were getting random creepy messages. Its also why people can't see messages in their friend request anymore, that feature was disabled.


    I'd bring that feature back.. I miss seeing a message in my fr requests ( not that everyone adds one)

    Its just censorship. It is becoming normal and accepted everywhere. Why would it be any different here?

    I guess whoever owns the site can run it however they wish. I can either accept their censorship and rules or not. But IF I had a say.. I would like to see the messages with fr requests and messages from non friends. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to return though 😁
  • JessD9031JessD9031 Member Posts: 581 Member Member Posts: 581 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    @ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Allow people to simply send others private messages without being friends. I [email protected] at being friends but sometimes I just want to give a private or personal shout-out to someone, ya know?

    I have received messages from people that I’m not friends with? Just last week.🤷🏽‍♀️

    Its possible that you may have been friends with them before.. old friends that are no longer on your fl can still contact you 🙂

    That’s right! We were. I thought it was weird because I’ve read here and there that you can’t message people if you’re not friends.

    Why did they do that⁉️

    I think it was because a lot of people were getting random creepy messages. Its also why people can't see messages in their friend request anymore, that feature was disabled.


    I'd bring that feature back.. I miss seeing a message in my fr requests ( not that everyone adds one)

    Its just censorship. It is becoming normal and accepted everywhere. Why would it be any different here?

    I guess whoever owns the site can run it however they wish. I can either accept their censorship and rules or not. But IF I had a say.. I would like to see the messages with fr requests and messages from non friends. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to return though 😁

    Yeah, they can surely do what they want. And it would be great to see the messages. I try to be creative in my friend requests, but I guess I am wasting my time.
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 6,641 Member Member Posts: 6,641 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Easy one..

    Like other forums I belong to.. show who like/disagree etc your post .

    Can you imagine? It would be like Antifa having to take their masks off. There would only be about three people on here with the stones to disagree with anything then.

    Nope--you're wrong. The disagree feature is fairly new. I've been here 8 years and people didn't hold back. There were pages of arguing and escalation and rage quits. Things are tame now. People have no qualms about ripping you apart in public. There are more stones out there than you think.

    And kudos to you for responding, and not just hitting 'disagree". I have great respect for that.

    And I "liked" your post.

    We both got "disagrees". Ha---I actually loved the "good old days" on here. It was way more interesting, and people were uncovered lying because when things heated up they slipped. The forums were totally different. But, as said, the owners decided to protect the sensitive, and it's still not enough for some. But---anyone who thinks taking away the disagree option will silence folks, is in for a big surprise.
  • JessD9031JessD9031 Member Posts: 581 Member Member Posts: 581 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Easy one..

    Like other forums I belong to.. show who like/disagree etc your post .

    Can you imagine? It would be like Antifa having to take their masks off. There would only be about three people on here with the stones to disagree with anything then.

    Nope--you're wrong. The disagree feature is fairly new. I've been here 8 years and people didn't hold back. There were pages of arguing and escalation and rage quits. Things are tame now. People have no qualms about ripping you apart in public. There are more stones out there than you think.

    And kudos to you for responding, and not just hitting 'disagree". I have great respect for that.

    And I "liked" your post.

    We both got "disagrees". Ha---I actually loved the "good old days" on here. It was way more interesting, and people were uncovered lying because when things heated up they slipped. The forums were totally different. But, as said, the owners decided to protect the sensitive, and it's still not enough for some. But---anyone who thinks taking away the disagree option will silence folks, is in for a big surprise.

    I don't want them to take the "disagree"option away. I love it. I wear my "disagrees" like a badge of honor. It's like a silver star in the war on ignorance IMHO. I just wish you could actually see the names of those who disagree. If you are going to rate something, own it, good or bad.
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 19,305 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 19,305 MFP Moderator
    Hey guys - Good morning! :) We do have community guidelines (have always had them), and they're located here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

    One of the guidelines specifically addresses discussion of forum moderation - please feel free to take a look. This thread has been closed and will remain closed. If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to send me or any other moderator or staff member a PM (yes, we will get your message).

    I hope you're having an awesome day,
    Em
This discussion has been closed.