Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• pokatiam
    pokatiam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm try to cutting and maintain muscle, wish me luck and good luck to you all
  • bibekrajsharma
    bibekrajsharma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello from Nepal. Trying to lose some belly fat.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I joined MFP years ago and had good success with it, and now I'm back for more! I'd love to have some friends on here to interact with and keep me engaged and accountable, so please feel free to add me. Thanks, y'all!
  • forr3suk
    forr3suk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am in need to lose around 15kg and coupled with starting at a gym, monitoring and adjusting my calorie intake will be a different challenge for me as Crisps are my kryptonite 👍
  • Hashira4
    Hashira4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am trying to be more healthy to get myself up and moving with vigor again. Always been lazy (or perhaps nervous) to join a community since I have usually been by myself. Hoping to find lots of motivation here. Cheers
  • doramiyi
    doramiyi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Signed up yesterday. This is the year I’ve decided to do something to get healthier. I’ve never been on any type of fitness/weight loss programs. I thoroughly enjoy eating.

I recently trialed Noom for a couple weeks and cancelled. And now trying out MyFitnessPal (MFP) to see what suites me best. I am currently on the free version of MFP, but may consider trialing Premium.

I hope to become healthier by means of incorporating more exercise and exploring healthier food options. As I thoroughly enjoy eating, dieting is not a method I would pursue. But healthier food choices is definitely something I can work with ☺️
  • aeborowski
    aeborowski Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been there, done that a few times now (without success). It's never too late to pick yourself up and start over again, right? My main goal is overall health improvement, but a smaller goal is to be able to participate in a 5k this fall. :#

Wish me luck! And don't hesitate to add me as a friend if you are looking for a cheerleader, accountability partner or just a ton of sarcasm.
  • ur1andonlyangel
    ur1andonlyangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    palama1 wrote: »
    Starting over! Have to get serious for my health and self perception!

Me too!
  • carla4068
    carla4068 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’ve lost 36LBS in the last year or so through more exercise! Now I’m maintaining. So using this to track my nutrition to help me reach then end goal, lose a few more pounds and tone up 💪🏻🦵🏻
  • acabigail4913
    acabigail4913 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm posting this in its correct manner. Hello Everyone, today is my first day trying to lose weight. (Of course after many attempts before.) My goal is to lose 40 lbs. I decided to post so perhaps I can get some encouragement with like minds on this journey. The encouragement I receive here at home is unhealthy food being cooked all day and night in my face and under my nose. As I am writing this post the scent of french fries is in the air. Ugh! It's so easy to throw in the towel. I was always healthy prior to my roommate situation which led me to gain 40lbs. He's a couch potato and junk food junkie. I feel alone in this journey which makes it so super hard. :( I look forward to partaking with this wonderful group of people.
  • kimothy97
    kimothy97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Restarting a focus on healthier eating and being more active. I've been edging towards getting back on track, but a doctor's appointment today confirmed that I'm at an all-time high weight 🥺. So, time to get going!!
  • gometros
    gometros Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Since SparkPeople is going away, I need to find a new home and found MyFitnessPal. I use it to track my nutrition and exercise, swimming my primary preference. I like the app so far, it just frustrates me that it penalizes me for lack of steps, but as I said, I prefer to swim. I pair MyFitnessPal with my Garmin Swim 2, which motivates me to keep on track.
  • Aliciamay1776
    Aliciamay1776 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Alicia. Feel free to add me so we can do challenges together
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    gometros wrote: »
    Since SparkPeople is going away, I need to find a new home and found MyFitnessPal. I use it to track my nutrition and exercise, swimming my primary preference. I like the app so far, it just frustrates me that it penalizes me for lack of steps, but as I said, I prefer to swim. I pair MyFitnessPal with my Garmin Swim 2, which motivates me to keep on track.

What do you mean it penalizes you for lack of steps? 🌼🌻

• cmoyes2020
    cmoyes2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all, new to the app first time I'm giving loosing a bit of weight and getting healthy a real go. Feel free to add me :)
  • stasiabstnactrs
    stasiabstnactrs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I have used the app before but was not very active in the Communities. Looking forward to networking!
  • bhonestmommy
    bhonestmommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Alex wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2020 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Forum Resources: Hope to see you in our community!

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2020 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

Community Guidelines

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

Community Guidelines

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

Community Guidelines

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

• bhonestmommy
    bhonestmommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5 months postpartum and just now overcoming the herniated disks to be able to get active. Super down and super nervous. Positive thoughts ❤️
  • simbacat16
    simbacat16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi everyone I have only just joined and would appreciate any help and/or advice on how to lose weight apart from the obvious! I have gained 4 stone since last august I'm not happy with myself I live 15 minutes walk from boscombe beach so go for a walk on most days but my eating habits are not good, I have tried slimming world and other diets but I find them hard to stick to as my motivation is low I am hoping that joining MFP that I will get lots of help and advice.