What is happening inside my bathroom wall?

Options

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    This thread is both frightening and funny. But more frightening.

Hope you can make this small problem go away before it's a big problem @beagletracks
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Hope you can make this small problem go away before it's a big problem @beagletracks

Thanks, @MaltedTea! It’s worrisome but not highest on the list of scary things that happen in my old house. The plumbing and electrical are truly terrifying ☠️

But yes, yet another symptom of accelerating decay. :'(

Thank your for your kind thoughts. <3
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Take the switch cover off.. see if any other ghost.. err.. pebbles in there.

Disclaimer: don't get electrocuted doing so..

We took it off. Looks like my house is just inexplicably crumbling. No room back there for anything to come from behind the switch, but little pebble-sized chunks of wall missing. Maybe my house can’t take the heat.

thats exactly what the wall ghosts want you to think

Are wall ghosts covered by homeowners insurance?

WHO YA GONNA CALL???
    9d55qct54ftm.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Take the switch cover off.. see if any other ghost.. err.. pebbles in there.

Disclaimer: don't get electrocuted doing so..

We took it off. Looks like my house is just inexplicably crumbling. No room back there for anything to come from behind the switch, but little pebble-sized chunks of wall missing. Maybe my house can’t take the heat.

thats exactly what the wall ghosts want you to think

Are wall ghosts covered by homeowners insurance?

WHO YA GONNA CALL???
    9d55qct54ftm.jpg

Let's see...

Bill Murray... okay

However, Harold Ramis has sadly passed.

That leaves..

Ernie Hudson ?!?

Ernie's best work was in 2012's: "Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva La Fiesta!" (google it.)

and then, Dan Aykroyd ?

Don't get me started on Dan Aykroyd.

Dan Aykroyd.... okay, alright, he did marry Donna Dixon, so ya gotta give him credit for that.

• ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    It's just the building settling and adapting.

.... to demonic possession.

Have a nice afternoon !

Or snake nest hatching?

snakes?

nah..... probably just an exploding spider's nest.

vGOxGyb.gif

I have black widows in my garage big enough to poop the pebbles I found. Maybe I can get them to attack the snakes.

You have what?! Have you considered just burning your house down?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    It's just the building settling and adapting.

.... to demonic possession.

Have a nice afternoon !

Or snake nest hatching?

snakes?

nah..... probably just an exploding spider's nest.

vGOxGyb.gif

I have black widows in my garage big enough to poop the pebbles I found. Maybe I can get them to attack the snakes.

I'd just move. Yikes!!

My guess would be something tunneling. We had rats one year, thanks to the farmer 2 doors up. :( We first suspected something because we found piles of dirt and stones beside our water lines into the house. So I set mouse traps. Haha After we lost a few traps and I actually caught sight of something in the basement that looked bigger than a mouse, although dh pooh-poohed that idea, we finally set out poison. Needless to say, it was a miserable time of stench and flies for awhile. Best advice would be set traps in your basement. Big ones.
    And good luck!!!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Thanks, @MaltedTea! It’s worrisome but not highest on the list of scary things that happen in my old house. The plumbing and electrical are truly terrifying ☠️

But something's pushing the stones out? If it was just decay(ok, not meaning to simplify that :() wouldn't the stoney things merely drop behind the wall?
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

But something's pushing the stones out? If it was just decay(ok, not meaning to simplify that :() wouldn't the stoney things merely drop behind the wall?

We could see where little chunks of drywall were missing. There wasn’t room for anything to be pushed out from behind the electrical outlet. The pebbles likely seemed dense because the unprotected drywall back there has soaked up a lot of moisture in the bathroom. It’s been an extremely hot summer, so I’m guessing that has something to do with it. The previous owners did a lot of their own remodeling and cut a lot of corners/did shoddy work. It looks like somebody just punched a hole in the drywall to put the switch in :D

Going camping and I’m sure I’ll appreciate the comforts of my crappy house when we return!

@ExpressoLove11 - We have an understanding — live and let live as long as they do their thing outside our living area. Lots of Black Widows around every house I’ve lived in here — mostly garages and outdoor areas. I’m terrified of my fireplace, though. They come inside in the winter sometimes.

I’ll tell you all about the skunk living under my shed a couple years ago some other time. That was… unpleasant. All my dogs got sprayed.
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Did you put your ear against the wall ?
    Maybe you might hear something inside .
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Miz_Owl wrote: »
    Did you put your ear against the wall ?
    Maybe you might hear something inside .

If they talk back, run like the wind. They're plotting.
  • ExpressoLove11
    Options

We could see where little chunks of drywall were missing. There wasn’t room for anything to be pushed out from behind the electrical outlet. The pebbles likely seemed dense because the unprotected drywall back there has soaked up a lot of moisture in the bathroom. It’s been an extremely hot summer, so I’m guessing that has something to do with it. The previous owners did a lot of their own remodeling and cut a lot of corners/did shoddy work. It looks like somebody just punched a hole in the drywall to put the switch in :D

Going camping and I’m sure I’ll appreciate the comforts of my crappy house when we return!

@ExpressoLove11 - We have an understanding — live and let live as long as they do their thing outside our living area. Lots of Black Widows around every house I’ve lived in here — mostly garages and outdoor areas. I’m terrified of my fireplace, though. They come inside in the winter sometimes.

I’ll tell you all about the skunk living under my shed a couple years ago some other time. That was… unpleasant. All my dogs got sprayed.

Where do you live? Asking so I know to never go there.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Best thread this month. :D
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Best thread this month. :D

Ooh new topic idea?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Your house has kidney stones
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    OP hasn't been back since the 7th. I guess they finally got eaten by the spiders. Shame because they seemed nice.

Should we call 911 or something? That'd be a call to confuse people. :)
  • ExpressoLove11
    edited July 2021
    Options
    OP hasn't been back since the 7th. I guess they finally got eaten by the spiders. Shame because they seemed nice.

We could... or we could ride this out and see if it becomes one of those Netflix documentaries about freak circumstances... "mfp user rattled by poltergeist with no regard for structural integrity of home but ultimately taken down by spider army - coincidence or strategy from the arachnids?!"

I'm leaning towards the Netflix idea here ngl.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Shivers....spider army??
    Just how big are spiders that can throw rocks out of walls?
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    Options

We could... or we could ride this out and see if it becomes one of those Netflix documentaries about freak circumstances... "mfp user rattled by poltergeist with no regard for structural integrity of home but ultimately taken down my spider army - coincidence or strategy from the arachnids?!"

lets think positive for them instead jeez

like maybe someone murdered someone in their home 50 years ago, then stuffed the body behind the drywall, along with a bunch of money/diamonds/gold/jewels, then got pinched on some other crime and rotted away in prison without ever getting out to collect their treasure.

now the OP and their family have discovered this gruesome secret after the wallboard started crumbling away, and they're desperately trying to figure out how to dispose of the body and also spend their new millions without the authorities getting a hold of it.

OP- if you've struck it rich with hidden wall money, please remember those of us who always believed in and supported you during this difficult time.
  • ExpressoLove11
    Options

We could... or we could ride this out and see if it becomes one of those Netflix documentaries about freak circumstances... "mfp user rattled by poltergeist with no regard for structural integrity of home but ultimately taken down my spider army - coincidence or strategy from the arachnids?!"

lets think positive for them instead jeez

like maybe someone murdered someone in their home 50 years ago, then stuffed the body behind the drywall, along with a bunch of money/diamonds/gold/jewels, then got pinched on some other crime and rotted away in prison without ever getting out to collect their treasure.

now the OP and their family have discovered this gruesome secret after the wallboard started crumbling away, and they're desperately trying to figure out how to dispose of the body and also spend their new millions without the authorities getting a hold of it.

OP- if you've struck it rich with hidden wall money, please remember those of us who always believed in and supported you during this difficult time.

This was... specific 🤔 but let's roll with your idea. Say there is a body in the drywall they could surely sacrifice it to the demonic congregation in the garage? But would they then have to make an annual sacrifice to the spider King just to keep their fortune?