What is happening inside my bathroom wall?

13»

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    OP hasn't been back since the 7th. I guess they finally got eaten by the spiders. Shame because they seemed nice.

Should we call 911 or something? That'd be a call to confuse people. :)

We could... or we could ride this out and see if it becomes one of those Netflix documentaries about freak circumstances... "mfp user rattled by poltergeist with no regard for structural integrity of home but ultimately taken down my spider army - coincidence or strategy from the arachnids?!"

I'm leaning towards the Netflix idea here ngl.

lets think positive for them instead jeez

like maybe someone murdered someone in their home 50 years ago, then stuffed the body behind the drywall, along with a bunch of money/diamonds/gold/jewels, then got pinched on some other crime and rotted away in prison without ever getting out to collect their treasure.

now the OP and their family have discovered this gruesome secret after the wallboard started crumbling away, and they're desperately trying to figure out how to dispose of the body and also spend their new millions without the authorities getting a hold of it.

OP- if you've struck it rich with hidden wall money, please remember those of us who always believed in and supported you during this difficult time.

Hmmm, keeping my eyes and ears open when the contractor comes the end of this month and starts ripping apart our kitchen. He's gutting the whole thing; maybe we'll get lucky. I know for a fact, there are Legos there. :) We've had a hole in the wall for years due to a kid creating it. And I caught another kid stuffing Legos down there.
    Just no killer alien spiders please.
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    OP hasn't been back since the 7th. I guess they finally got eaten by the spiders. Shame because they seemed nice.

We could... or we could ride this out and see if it becomes one of those Netflix documentaries about freak circumstances... "mfp user rattled by poltergeist with no regard for structural integrity of home but ultimately taken down my spider army - coincidence or strategy from the arachnids?!"

like maybe someone murdered someone in their home 50 years ago, then stuffed the body behind the drywall, along with a bunch of money/diamonds/gold/jewels, then got pinched on some other crime and rotted away in prison without ever getting out to collect their treasure.

now the OP and their family have discovered this gruesome secret after the wallboard started crumbling away, and they're desperately trying to figure out how to dispose of the body and also spend their new millions without the authorities getting a hold of it.

OP- if you've struck it rich with hidden wall money, please remember those of us who always believed in and supported you during this difficult time.

This was... specific 🤔 but let's roll with your idea. Say there is a body in the drywall they could surely sacrifice it to the demonic congregation in the garage? But would they then have to make an annual sacrifice to the spider King just to keep their fortune?

i choose to live in a world where removing the theoretical gold and jewels from the wall would also break the curse that binds all those spiders to the house as well thank you very much
  • ReenieHJ

This was... specific 🤔 but let's roll with your idea. Say there is a body in the drywall they could surely sacrifice it to the demonic congregation in the garage? But would they then have to make an annual sacrifice to the spider King just to keep their fortune?

i choose to live in a world where removing the theoretical gold and jewels from the wall would also break the curse that binds all those spiders to the house as well thank you very much

But then come those mad killer hornets.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member

Sir/Ma'am you have to go directly to Lucifer himself to break free of the spiders.
  • PAWGliacci

whatever happened to that whole murder hornet thing anyhow? just kinda dropped out the news cycle.

Sir/Ma'am you have to go directly to Lucifer himself to break free of the spiders.

would it surprise you to know that on average every year at least 7 humans are eaten by spiders during their sleep?
  • ExpressoLove11

whatever happened to that whole murder hornet thing anyhow? just kinda dropped out the news cycle.

would it surprise you to know that on average every year at least 7 humans are eaten by spiders during their sleep?

That doesn't surprise me and honestly it's not a cute look for the spiders. Also I love your whimsy and optimism about magical jewels in the drywall.
  • PAWGliacci

That doesn't surprise me and honestly it's not a cute look for the spiders. Also I love your whimsy and optimism about magical jewels in the drywall.

thanks. i grew up watching implausible Lifetime channel movies and reading Lovecraft
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    You'All are wrong...

clearly, it is an interdimensional wormhole opening

...and you, OP, are about to be (or have been) "visited"

Sweet dreams!
  • ExpressoLove11
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    You'All are wrong...

clearly, it is an interdimensional wormhole opening

...and you, OP, are about to be (or have been) "visited"

Sweet dreams!

OP isn't here anymore. You're talking to nothing but spiders.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Saturn retrograde 🙄
    u3di23stfnn5.jpeg

Note: “building new foundations for future generations.”

Homie is going to be fixing the literal foundation of her house.

AND Jupiter retrgrade
    jcate0i5q48b.jpeg

Note: “New ideas being presented that affect the collective”
    Meaning this mfp thread specifically obviously.

“We will learn just how much benefit we will reap from new ideas and approaches”
    Meaning there is in fact riches in the walls that will be passed around this community.

“Be on your toes”
    Definitely spiders.
  • ReenieHJ
    Is OP on vacation or pulled into an endless well of some kind? Fear Factor kinda comes to mind.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    This thread is both frightening and funny. But more frightening.

Hope you can make this small problem go away before it's a big problem @beagletracks

Thanks, @MaltedTea! It’s worrisome but not highest on the list of scary things that happen in my old house. The plumbing and electrical are truly terrifying ☠️

But yes, yet another symptom of accelerating decay. :'(

Thank your for your kind thoughts. <3

But something's pushing the stones out? If it was just decay(ok, not meaning to simplify that :() wouldn't the stoney things merely drop behind the wall?

We could see where little chunks of drywall were missing. There wasn’t room for anything to be pushed out from behind the electrical outlet. The pebbles likely seemed dense because the unprotected drywall back there has soaked up a lot of moisture in the bathroom. It’s been an extremely hot summer, so I’m guessing that has something to do with it. The previous owners did a lot of their own remodeling and cut a lot of corners/did shoddy work. It looks like somebody just punched a hole in the drywall to put the switch in :D

Going camping and I’m sure I’ll appreciate the comforts of my crappy house when we return!

@ExpressoLove11 - We have an understanding — live and let live as long as they do their thing outside our living area. Lots of Black Widows around every house I’ve lived in here — mostly garages and outdoor areas. I’m terrified of my fireplace, though. They come inside in the winter sometimes.

I’ll tell you all about the skunk living under my shed a couple years ago some other time. That was… unpleasant. All my dogs got sprayed.

Where do you live? Asking so I know to never go there.

Northern Nevada. It’s really not that bad. High desert — really beautiful. No fleas or roaches. No alligators. No June bugs. No mosquitoes.
  • beagletracks

I was getting eaten by mosquitoes and deer flies in the woods, but I’m alive! Alive!
  • beagletracks

We can all live together on on mfp commune/spider army training academy when I find the treasure. I promise.
  • ExpressoLove11
    edited July 2021

I was getting eaten by mosquitoes and deer flies in the woods, but I’m alive! Alive!

Don't worry we kept your thread warm for you whilst you were gone with totally plausible theories.
  • ReenieHJ
    Are we sure it's really BeagleTracks posting again? I'm wondering if the big freaky spiders finally made it inside the house or if something crawled outside of her light fixture?