Guys like heavier girls?

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• kassandra81
    Options
    There is someone out there for everyone. Some guys like super skinny girls, some like athletic, or slightly chunky, other guys like big girls. It's the same for women. We each have our "type" and there are lots of different types out there.

Some people also see more than just physical aspects.

Agreed!
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    This is an impossible subject to mediate because anytime you talk about a large group of people, (men, a little less than half the population of the Earth,) and what they 'like', you have as many different opinions as you have people in that large group.

I could sit here and say the politically correct thing and say it's all about the personality and how they feel and yaddy yaddy yaddy, but the fact of the matter is I, like most men in the world, like a sexy woman.

Now, the problem with that statement is; what's sexy?

When it comes to physical beauty, which I think is what this thread is about, I don't like a heavier girl, nor am I attracted to a super thin girl. Give me a HEALTHY girl, and that always depends on the individual. Some women look great a little heavier, some not so much.

It's always too individual.

By the way, that doesn't make me shallow, it makes me human. We are genetically coded to be sexually attracted to someone who is healthy. It's a whole promulgation of the species thing. Women are (generally) attracted to taller men with broad shoulders and thin waists.

As a final note, an eye-catching chest never hurts. :wink:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Lies. All men like big jubblied brunettes with cottage cheese thighs. I read it on the internet. FACT.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Lies. All men like big jubblied brunettes with cottage cheese thighs. I read it on the internet. FACT.

Damn!!! The secret is out....
  • odusgolp
    Options

You know you want me :smokin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

If you read it on the internet it must be true.
  • CountryDevil
    Options
    This is an impossible subject to mediate because anytime you talk about a large group of people, (men, a little less than half the population of the Earth,) and what they 'like', you have as many different opinions as you have people in that large group.

I could sit here and say the politically correct thing and say it's all about the personality and how they feel and yaddy yaddy yaddy, but the fact of the matter is I, like most men in the world, like a sexy woman.

Now, the problem with that statement is; what's sexy?

When it comes to physical beauty, which I think is what this thread is about, I don't like a heavier girl, nor am I attracted to a super thin girl. Give me a HEALTHY girl, and that always depends on the individual. Some women look great a little heavier, some not so much.

It's always too individual.

By the way, that doesn't make me shallow, it makes me human. We are genetically coded to be sexually attracted to someone who is healthy. It's a whole promulgation of the species thing. Women are (generally) attracted to taller men with broad shoulders and thin waists.

As a final note, an eye-catching chest never hurts. :wink:

You know, I don't really think I could of said it better myself.
  • CountryDevil
    Options

Hush it woman!! That was suppose to be a secret too....
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

lol
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing there are men out there who like Rubenesque women...why can't I find one? lol Sometimes I wonder if a certain percentage of guys who like a full figured woman choose thinner women because they're afraid of what their buddies will say.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options

If that's you shooting that pistol, you certainly have a leg up. :D
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I keep hearing there are men out there who like Rubenesque women...why can't I find one? lol Sometimes I wonder if a certain percentage of guys who like a full figured woman choose thinner women because they're afraid of what their buddies will say.

There is a dating website for everything. Seriously. It has to exist. My girlfriend is over 400lbs and her adoring boyfriend 170. He loves her exactly the way she is.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    There is a dating site for chubby chasers, I'm sure too! Maybe when it's in the budget, but for now I'll just keep working on myself FOR myself. Being short and having a stocky frame, I know that even at a healthy weight, I'll never be the tall, willowy, "ideal". I'm fine with that...and I hope someday I cross paths with a kind man who is fine with that too. I can wait.
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    hmmm dont know about this topic. the guys i am attracted to generally like girls who are medium build or should i say im 5'1, and they feel 120-135 is wonderful.... hmm im attracted to the wrong guys i guess... no lie a portion of my reason is to try to attract these type of men, but 85% of it is my health... im too young for hbp
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    well in my not so vast experience (despite what they said about me in high school) men like a little softness to a woman. Sort of what are bodies lean towards naturally ya know.
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I believe it's all about proportion. You can be a fuller gal and carry your weight lovely shoulders proportioned to hips, waist proportioned to breast (Stay with me on the measurement tip). Contrary to popular belief, You can be a small gal and carry your petite frame oddly, bold shoulders, small breast, awkward waist and no behind. I'm just saying.

I use to like skinny men
    Then I liked thicker men
    Now I like meatier men 250-280 as long as his body is proportioned to his height
  • navjhaj
    Options
    Hmm, I'm attracted to all kinds of women, but if I have to state my personal preference (I"m 1.90 meters, i.e., 6'3") are women I can see "eye to eye" with. :)

However, there is a proviso to that preference---come to think of it, I've always been grossed out by the "model" look-- the "I'm 5'11" and weigh exactly 98 lbs".
    Yeah, a little meat on the bones never hurt anyone. Bring back the Marilyn Monroe look. :)

I've always wondered --I think that look --the anorexic fashion model--is more a nod to societal pressures that women face, more rather than a look that's attractive to men. In other words, models look like that because the women who read women's fashion mags want them to look like that. More so than men, I think.

Which begs the question--who buys that horrible "runway" clothing one sees at Milan/Paris/NY fashion shows? Gaudy, gaudy, gaudy. :)
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Most of the guys I've talked to (and I worked in a shop with all men) said that they don't like super skinny girls, but they don't like them heavy either. They just like them "curvy" and "healthy looking". By that, they meant they didn't like their girls looking like starved anorexics, rather they liked them looking like they eat more than salad.

When I was less crippled and thinner, guys would actually say how they liked the fact that I worked to stay slim and didn't sacrifice my love of food. I may have eaten smaller portions and the food I made was very flavorful (herbs and spices FTW), but I ate "real" food.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I believe it's all about proportion. You can be a fuller gal and carry your weight lovely shoulders proportioned to hips, waist proportioned to breast (Stay with me on the measurement tip). Contrary to popular belief, You can be a small gal and carry your petite frame oddly, bold shoulders, small breast, awkward waist and no behind. I'm just saying.
    That's exactly it, I think.

Obviously there are people that will buck any trend, but I think there are a few factors at play...
    1. The anecdotal factor. I'm a slightly overweight tall brunette, guess what? My DH says that's the look he loves. Could it be that he doesn't want to get kicked or see me cry, so he doesn't say "my type is skinny blondes with big boobs?"Lol Yet we can't deny that that's the type that "sells" most to men, so, ahem, that probably means something. But, guys generally want to tell us what we want to hear-- which is sweet, but doesn't make for real scientific polling.
    2. Men & women use the terms SO differently. When I say "curvy," I mean those gorgeous(IMO) Lane Bryant chicks. My husband hears "curvy" and thinks of a size 4 Victorias secret model with a tiny waist but D cups & smooth rounded hips. He thinks Jessica Biel is "curvy." I guess she is compared to ally McBeal, but that's now how I use the term. After all, even JLo is still like a size 6, isn't she?
    3. Body type means so much. I know girls at my weight & height who look smoking, because for some reason, nature/god just made them smooth and curvy. That doesn't mean it's hot on me- the same weight on me is flabby, kwim? This is where the waist-to-hip ratio really comes into play, too.
    4. Guys aren't as phycho worried about it as women, that I totally believe. So I'm not exactly every detail a given guy would have said is his ideal, that doesn't to him mean that he's not attracted to me.

Basically, I think there are people who like extremes, but the average people are attracted to healthy & fit, and the range around that. I guess if I'm thinking just physically, I'm attracted to that, too... I like a fit-looking guy, but the serious weight lifter doesn't physically attract, nor does a particularly underweight man.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic.