Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @MissMay
    What a great idea for use of the flight board!
    And what kind of flowers are those?
    Gorgeous!

Funny you should ask the name. It is AMERICAN DAWN DAHLIA from Breck's bulb catalog. I get over 50 flowers to cut and enjoy off it every year.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @MissMay
    What a great idea for use of the flight board!
    And what kind of flowers are those?
    Gorgeous!

Funny you should ask the name. It is AMERICAN DAWN DAHLIA from Breck's bulb catalog. I get over 50 flowers to cut and enjoy off it every year.

That's amazing!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    AF this evening.

lhqhkamwgjn5.jpeg
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @Womona, did I say what a lovey sea going maiden you are pictured beside your sailboat? Enjoy!

Aww, thanks! *blushes*
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Golfed today and really would have liked a drink at lunch with the ladies. I was hemming and hawing, and once I made the decision to not drink, all that noise went away. Good thing too, because I worked this afternoon and wouldn’t have had time for a little nap!

I did feel like I was missing out, though. Weird. Because after work I had my AF drink in my cute martini glass and didn’t want alcohol at all!
  • MissMay
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Beautiful dragonfly glass @Lilylady3k
    And look how bubbly the KeVita is. I have never tried that brand. Health-Aide makes a cayenne cleanse that is very good.

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF for the month. This is sustainable long term for me.

Sunday July 18 - AF - Planned cocktails with 3 different sets of people tomorrow. I will keep the first 2 to 1/2 ounce each because they are both in Kimberley where I have a small job first. The last stop is walking distance in Cranbrook, but I won't go hog wild.
    Monday July 19 - Drinks - I didn't have any with my first two sets of friends, they had like one, and didn't bat an eye when I said that I would have water. My third stop (back in town) are heavier drinkers, I had a few, but made them myself so made them weak
    Tuesday July 20 - AF - Thursday will be my day off, that usually signals drinks for me the night before, but I am kind of behind this month on AF days, so will try to resist.
    Wednesday July 21 - Drinks - 2 drinks. Squeaking toward 16AF this month!

Rolling total - 10 AF days out of 21 days
  • MissMay
    Options
    @Lilylady3k I too have this, that I did not accomplish this month:
    ✘ Limit 1-2 glasses per day

I (we) can help you to make it to 16.
    What days do you want to set up for dry? I'm in!