Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Greetings, all. When I checked in to this thread, it said 120 new posts and I confess I did not catch up on all of them but I did see the scary alligator photo. Alligators are no joke. Especially with small children in tow! How ever did you juggle children AND snap a photo, @Lilylady3k ?

@ahoy_m8 - We were at Brazos Bend State Park which is known for alligators. We saw a total of 3 but that was the closest one we ran across. I insisted that the 5yo stay between us and not walk/run ahead which turned out to be an excellent idea. I picked up my DIL's niece. My DIL took the picture as we did an about face. Then we ran into a group of people (about 7-9 college kids) and asked if we could join them so we could get passed the alligator up ahead. We made it!
    I was really glad that we did not bring our dogs even on a leash that would have been scary. Also glad that we did "how to behave around alligators before setting out" ... so the 5yo did not scream, squirm or anything ... and did not show fear. Just asked if we thought it was real LOL

@Stockholm_Andy - Too funny! Sorry about that. Here is a short key of ones I use often:
    DH = dear husband
    DS = dear son
    DD = dear daughter
    DIL = daughter in law
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    1 Torchy's Tini: 100% pure agave reposado tequila by Exotico*, served in a shaker with lime juice, simple syrup & olive juice. You pour it yourself into a short stem martini glass.
    With a Matador off their secret menu ... combination of chopped brisket, grilled jalapenos, pickled onions, avocado, sour cream, and cilantro ... but I had it in a bowl with lettuce instead of the crisp corn tortilla inside a flour tortilla it is normally served.

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn
    That is a great photo. I look forward to more of them : - )
    Living vicariously through you lol.
    What memories you are making!