Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    73 AF days to go...!

@Lilylady3k, my husband lived in Houston and moved out because it was flat and humid, but he said the food and restaurant options were the best. We have family there and they have monster size homes that to me look like castles, and at great prices, so Houston has some good stuff going for it. Texans are generally quite friendly and social too.

Places with water that had made our shortlist were Orcas Island, Brookings Oregon, and neighborhoods south of Carson City, NV, Cambria CA. But all 3 had negatives for year-round living (damp cold in winter or wind) or high cost and taxes. Then my husband's requirements changed, now he wants mission impossible: a RIVER in the backyard, acreage, mostly always sunny and warm days, and mountain trails in walking distance for his daily mountain biking. This all sounds like Colorado but alas it gets cold and snowy so that's out. And locations with grizzly bears are out for me. LOL. We are complicated.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF for the month. This is sustainable long term for me.

Wednesday July 07 - Drinks. I had intended to be AF. After work and a little shopping we got a heavy rain storm which was so lovely and needed. I was sitting on my front covered porch enjoying it, and then decided that I would like to have drinks while I was sitting there. Of course up an entire pound in the morning, that is how it goes.
    Thursday July 08 - AF - Of course I felt like having drinks. I put a Piccolo (4oz) champagne (well, Freixenet) into the fridge. I am getting my second Covid Immunization after work tomorrow, and I have Saturday and Sunday off.
    Friday July 09 - Drinks. I did not have my mini champagne (comes in a 3 pack of 100ml bottles) rather started with a frozen Mike's blue. Maybe I will have some champagne 2 weeks after to celebrate being 100% protected. I am off of work now until 5pm on Monday. Not sure if I will have more drinks or not. Willpower has been better.

Rolling total - 4 AF days out of 9 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,825 Member
    Options
    @MissMay - LOVE Love love your garden!!! Thank you for sharing.

What is in the 6th picture ... maybe rose bushes in a rectangular bed? Looks like lots of potential tall wildflowers in the background.