Tattoos on men?

Replies

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    I don't require, or reject for lack of, tattoos. My preference would be that any body art or modification have meaning to the person, mostly because of the opportunity to get to know the person more by talking about it.
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,167 MFP Staff
    I have several tattoos, all of which are extremely visible. It's literally never been an issue in regards to employment and everyone thinks I am very cool and interesting because of them.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    edited July 2021
    Back in the 70s or 80s, only certain kinds of people would have tattos, but nowadays it's pretty much everybody.
    I'm more old school in the sense that it doesn't fit me.
  • I always wanted one as a kid. I thought they were unique and made you stand out. I never could settle on one though. I haven't thought about it in a long time but probably would still have the same problem. The uniqueness that I was wanting from having one 25 now presents itself by not having one.

I don't believe there's much of a social stigma around them like there used to be. I work with many people in a corporate environment who have sleeves or chest and shoulder work that shows in an open collared dress shirt. Some even C-level.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    What about nose rings because, as much as I don't want to stare, I always do.

I stare at tattoos, too. But because I typically like them and am curious what they are. Pretty sure it's reason # 393 that people think I'm creepy.

I must be creepy as well because I'm always checking out peoples tattoos. I like tattoos, even though I don't have any but wish I did. I think they say something about the person who chose them. I've seen a lot of really creative ones, as well as lots of sentimental ones. My dds both have tattoos but my son does not. Taboo ones? Definitely the face; I just don't understand that one.
    I know chucklebunny was just being funny. :) But there is a woman that works at the post office and has a whole sleeve done. However, many employers do frown on them. :( Doesn't Disney World have a no tattoo criteria for employment? Kinda silly IMO.
  • candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    Im ambivalent about it. Not for me but hey live and let live.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I have zero tattoos...but I love tattoos on men. My husband has 2 on his legs, which he can easily cover at work. He didn't have any trouble finding a good job with tattoos, but he also has an MS in CS (that might have helped).
  • Indee19
    Indee19 Posts: 49 Member
    I have several tattoos, some are more visible than others. I'm also in the process of removing three of them. I like tattoos on men when they're well done and not just a jumble of random ink. But I now know that removing a tattoo that is no longer "you" is very painful, very expensive and takes a very long time.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Indee19 wrote: »
    I have several tattoos, some are more visible than others. I'm also in the process of removing three of them. I like tattoos on men when they're well done and not just a jumble of random ink. But I now know that removing a tattoo that is no longer "you" is very painful, very expensive and takes a very long time.

Good information to have. So no Popeye tats for this old lady. :)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    @JessD9031 wrote: »
    I am not a fan, but its not a deal breaker either. Except neck or face tattoos.

Thats just EWWWWW.

How do you feel about sclera tattoos?
    ...they intrigue me, in a somewhat uncomfortable yet intriguing way
    pece3yo1xptx.png
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    ...And just for the record - tatts on women?

You all had to know I'd ask this!

I have none, I appreciate tattoos - artistry and/or personal sentiments. The story

I have a personal 'thing' ... but I deleted my ramble and will not entirely derail tis thread!

I feel like more girls have tattoos than guys!!

I love getting compliments on my arm :)

t67yynad2pj2.jpeg

• bby_dvll
    bby_dvll Posts: 429 Member
    for me, if a guy has tattoos or any piercings, they are automatically a yes to me. i find them so attractive and rebellious, and honestly want some of my own. having a partner with either of those is a huge bonus
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    I find it odd that this is a question. Is OP from a very conservative country? Or a small religious enclave in a remote mountain village? Is he a lot older than he looks? Or am I the odd one? Many of the men I know have tattoos. Many of them have many tattoos. Many of them are financially successful and many of them are attractive.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member

I have none, I appreciate tattoos - artistry and/or personal sentiments. The story

I have a personal 'thing' ... but I deleted my ramble and will not entirely derail tis thread!

Still hot but maybe not eyeball tatts.... I mean I probably could get used to it? I would think the person was deeply disturbed so actually.... not hot... 🤔 OR .... 🤔🤔🤔 hmmm eyeball tatts... what do they mean...
    At the end of the day I don’t think eye tatts do anything for me but I’ve never seen it in person. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member

Nothing wrong with tats on women -
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    @JessD9031 wrote: »
    I am not a fan, but its not a deal breaker either. Except neck or face tattoos.

Thats just EWWWWW.

How do you feel about sclera tattoos?
    ...they intrigue me, in a somewhat uncomfortable yet intriguing way
    pece3yo1xptx.png

To each his/her own, but for me...neeewwwppppp.