the last post you liked/hugged/inspired/disliked... WHY?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Liking all of @Revolu7 's reno pictures. Wish I had half the ability.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Im sure you do. My best ability is availability. Im tenacious and show up every day. Im not a gifted carpenter, or tile guy, mason, landscaper etc.....I just put a lot of time in everyday and screw it up until i get it right. Oh, and having good tools helps 😉
  • mistwitch wrote: »
    I disagreed that one person who’s telling some guy he’ll stay obese forever because there’s bread in his sandwich because bread slaps and I’m not obese so 🤔

OMG where's that thread? Sounds like a confront I need to be in on. :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10838704/will-my-weight-loss-plan-work#latest
    u863whyfu664.jpeg

I hate those serious conversations. That’s why I stay in chit chat where the arguments are about sex, politics, gender roles, and the acceptable amount of cleavage.

There is no unacceptable amount 😁
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    I disagreed that one person who’s telling some guy he’ll stay obese forever because there’s bread in his sandwich because bread slaps and I’m not obese so 🤔

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10838704/will-my-weight-loss-plan-work#latest
    u863whyfu664.jpeg

I hate those serious conversations. That’s why I stay in chit chat where the arguments are about sex, politics, gender roles, and the acceptable amount of cleavage.

Normally I’d agree but

Not my house, not my rules.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,007 Member

u863whyfu664.jpeg

Normally I’d agree but

I’ve got the 15 day photo ban to prove it.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

u863whyfu664.jpeg

Normally I’d agree but

I need to see it ...make sure I'm following proper cleavage protocol
  • MelG7777

u863whyfu664.jpeg

Normally I’d agree but

pthvc1j33tkb.jpeg

I’m posting it seriously. Not to be snarky. I was in clear violation. Apparently for 2 years straight. I didn’t know but now the jig is up. You know “ ignorantia juris non excusat” and that. Those are now strictly friend DM’s I guess. Off site. ☺️
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I’m posting it seriously. Not to be snarky. I was in clear violation. Apparently for 2 years straight. I didn’t know but now the jig is up. You know “ ignorantia juris non excusat” and that. Those are now strictly friend DM’s I guess. Off site. ☺️

First rule of ....

• MelG7777 wrote: »

u863whyfu664.jpeg

Normally I’d agree but

pthvc1j33tkb.jpeg

but would you have worn it to work?
  • MelG7777

u863whyfu664.jpeg

Normally I’d agree but

pthvc1j33tkb.jpeg

It’s presumptuous to assume what kind of job people have hey? The second one, they were leggings. I’d wear them if I were a trainer. Or mom….I mean so, yeah, I wear it to work most days.

Ok….I’m gonna stop. I don’t want to get myself in more trouble if I’m not supposed to talk about these things here.
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    edited July 2021

u863whyfu664.jpeg

Normally I’d agree but

pthvc1j33tkb.jpeg

It’s presumptuous to assume what kind of job people have hey? The second one, they were leggings. I’d wear them if I were a trainer. Or mom….I mean so, yeah, I wear it to work most days.

Ok….I’m gonna stop. I don’t want to get myself in more trouble if I’m not supposed to talk about these things here.

Why you gotta make me say things? 😂I agree having breasts doesn’t make you unprofessional. leggings, colorful hair, nose piercings- these are all professional attire.

I’ll be sorry if anyone suffers consequences for my getting this ball rolling but I’m not really sorry that the topic was brought up. Policing women’s bodies is a big *kitten* deal.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2021

u863whyfu664.jpeg

Normally I’d agree but

pthvc1j33tkb.jpeg

Why you gotta make me say things? 😂I agree having breasts doesn’t make you unprofessional. leggings, colorful hair, nose piercings- these are all professional attire.

I’ll be sorry if anyone suffers consequences for my getting this ball rolling but I’m not really sorry that the topic was brought up. Policing women’s bodies is a big *kitten* deal.

Perhaps my male bias needs to be put back in check, but do you really think that's what they are doing... policing women's bodies? Clearly there are consistency issues with what gets reported/enforced/banned, but from a conceptual standpoint..

MFP has a product that they want used by as many people as possible in as many places as possible... and conservative business settings is part of that. They aren't saying people can't have breasts or wear leggings or color their hair or piece their nose -- they are saying there is a line/threshold for what can and can't be posted. How is that any different than a company dress code? Or conduct standards?

I'm not a woman and don't have any first or second hand experience with some of the double standards... Help me understand.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »

Im sure you do. My best ability is availability. Im tenacious and show up every day. Im not a gifted carpenter, or tile guy, mason, landscaper etc.....I just put a lot of time in everyday and screw it up until i get it right. Oh, and having good tools helps 😉

Well yeh, plus knowing what you're doing helps a lot. My sister and I are trying to put together 6 state shaped bird houses made out of barnboard. Simple right? Haha a couple of clowns is what we are. :/ And tools? Omg we have a workshop filled with them due to her dh having been a handyman for a million years. But you should see us figuring out how to use them. :)

So I'm still saying skill is a biggie. :) Or intuition or something.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

Perhaps my male bias needs to be put back in check, but do you really think that's what they are doing... policing women's bodies? Clearly there are consistency issues with what gets reported/enforced/banned, but from a conceptual standpoint..

MFP has a product that they want used by as many people as possible in as many places as possible... and conservative business settings is part of that. They aren't saying people can't have breasts or wear leggings or color their hair or piece their nose -- they are saying there is a line/threshold for what can and can't be posted. How is that any different than a company dress code? Or conduct standards?

I'm not a woman and don't have any first or second hand experience with some of the double standards... Help me understand.

The problem is that a man can go topless and show his body down to his hairy pubic line and the outline of his genitals in a pic and it's fine. A woman who has just barely the cleavage showing, the hint of a panty line, or poses in bra and panties and it somehow becomes against standards.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member

The problem is that a man can go topless and show his body down to his hairy pubic line and the outline of his genitals in a pic and it's fine. A woman who has just barely the cleavage showing, the hint of a panty line, or poses in bra and panties and it somehow becomes against standards.

OK, but that's a societal issue, not an MFP problem, right? Even at a beach, where the expectation is less/minimal clothing, men can show more than women. MFP is operating within the general social standard, no?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    edited July 2021

I think it probably comes down more to who complains and how hard. I've seen nary a bit of consistency on the way punishment is metered out for these "offenses". It would be one thing if there were an actual standard applied across the board, but we've all seen that isn't the case.

Winner winner chicken dinner.. haters gonna hate..
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    lx1x wrote: »

I think it probably comes down more to who complains and how hard. I've seen nary a bit of consistency on the way punishment is metered out for these "offenses". It would be one thing if there were an actual standard applied across the board, but we've all seen that isn't the case.

Winner winner chicken dinner.. haters gonna hate..

Winner winner steak dinner, standards, offense, something something