NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @cbabie Decluttering can be exercise. I bet you got in good steps? That's good eating was better. Oh gosh, that must have hurt to take off your rings with a broken wrist! I would have done the same though I think. I am in the dating stage lol...fun for at least a couple more weeks!

@TeresaW1020 I think it's just a matter of drinking enough liquids because the swelling was gone by the end of yesterday and today my hands aren't swollen. You are going to have a nice butt when you are done (if you don't already!)! I love deviled eggs. I didn't use to but now I do. Sometimes I put avocado in my deviled eggs. Good luck, stick to your plan, you've got this!

@gemwolf110 I'm so sorry. I hope you can figure something out.

Hello all. I went to boxing last night and it was a different experience than Sunday. I got to meet the owner of the gym and he was super nice. The warm-up: we had to jog around cones in the gym for 5 minutes! That probably doesn't seem long to you but to me, it felt like 20 minutes lol. AND I felt like I was slowing the group down because we ran in a line around the cones. The coach this time was nice but he wasn't quite as supportive as Sunday's coach. He was still supportive, just the other coach was super supportive. I did everything and kept my heart rate up (avg of 130, high of 150 bpm). I'm a bit sore today but I may have just slept wrong lol. Today, I have to go get a possible root canal. I'm not looking forward to it. It's on a tooth that I just got a crown put on. I've been having sensitivity in that tooth.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    This will be quick. Well, every post until Monday will be this way. We're out the door at 7 a.m. and get in about 9 pm. Today was my first time seeing the Pacific ocean. It was wonderful. We went to Forks and La Push and did the Twilight tour. Then this afternoon took a ferry back to Seattle. That was fun. Dd and I walked the beach today for 44 min.

Food wasn't good. A had a bag of bold chex mix. Should have checked the nutrition data before I started eating it.
    I still can't believe it was that much.

305/164 Yellow
    44 min walking
    66% water
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever It sounds like you are having fun and making memories. Yeah, that thing with the chex mix, that has happened to me, too...I hate when that happens.

Hi all. Well things didn't go as planned AT ALL yesterday: I got a voicemail from the friend that had the birthday party in the park (on Saturday) saying that someone that I had spoken with for about 10-15 minutes tested positive for COVID despite being vaccinated! She was exposed prior to the party which meant I was exposed. So, I'm not showing any signs of COVID but I canceled my dental appointment and my boxing class and I went and got a COVID test. I'm awaiting the results, it should take 1-3 days. I hope I find out before Saturday as that is when my next boxing class is. I was so upset that on the way home from the test, I wanted to stop and get some fast food but I did not. I kept telling myself I had breakfast already made at home and I could eat then.

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I finally read that article you posted (https://www.vitalchoice.com/article/muscle-work-can-help-boost-brain-health-and-mood ) It was really good. It sounds like strength training is good overall!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I blew it the last 2 days. I have been eating nonstop and it's been ice cream, doughnuts, you name it I ate it I think. I really have to get ahold of myself. I got the bands, so hopefully today I can use them. I would really like to go on a bike ride tonight, even if it's for 5 min. I have to be at church in about an hour..I am learning the sound system, so I can back up the guy who does it in Oct. I have done that kind of thing since my dad had me do it growing up.

@trooworld I am so glad you didn't stop for fast food, I probably would have LOL. I pray you do not have COVID and maybe his was a false read? You will get back to the boxing, glad you enjoyed it.

@theslightedgeforever LOL glad you are enjoying the mini trip with DD. I remember dad driving the car onto the ferry boat and going across the river as a kid. I don't remember where that was, but probably IL or KY. LOL

@TeresaW1020 I still haven't listened to the podcast, but I will today. I am going to try to incorporate more protein in my diet. I just need to get back into my routine. I am a ROUTINE person...LOL. That's a good challenge for Aug..

@gemwolf110 Sorry that didn't work for you, I know you will find something to achieve your goals. You will pursue until you achieve.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @gemwolf110 Well, that it’s a real bummer! I know you will find something that suits you even better and you will be glad this happened. Hang in there! <3

@theslightedgeforever I’m glad that you are having such a good time!

@trooworld Ohhh I’m sorry that your plans got derailed with a Covid scare. How annoying to have to worry about this stuff after being vaccinated! I’m starting to think it’s never going to be over and done with. Savannah just went under a mask mandate, and I’m now worried that my town will too. I did find a mask made out of superfine muslin on Etsy that’s guaranteed to be incredibly breathable. ;) Good for you for not getting the fast food. That would only have made you more upset. I’m glad you liked the article.

@cbabie I’m sorry that you have had an issue with eating nonstop. Sounds like it’s mostly carbs and simple sugar stuff. Trooworld and I are doing a tracking challenge for August on our Fat2Fit team. Why don’t you join us here? We are committing to tracking every single bite we eat for the entire month. If you set your calorie and macro goals and try to pre-track you might find it easier to say no to the foods that don’t do you any favors. That is what I’m hoping it will do for me. And I hope you do listen to the podcast and like it. I feel like every podcast that I’ve been listening to lately has been talking about the importance of getting in more protein. I’m doing really well, but there is always room for improvement…and some more meat! :grin:

Hello! Well, my church’s BBQ potluck was a huge hit last evening! We had over 70 people show up, which is most of our church. Everyone was just so happy to be back to doing something normal again and we Baptists do love a good potluck! There was so much food, and the desert tables were loaded down. I did cave and have a small slice of a key lime cheesecake that my friend couldn’t stop raving about. It was pretty incredible! :grin: I was also very happy because several of the senior ladies came and sat with my mom, which freed DH and me up to go sit with our friends. Mom had a great time, and they are planning to start up their monthly senior luncheons again and she has been invited. Her having her own people in the church is what I was hoping for. :) I just got done making a menu for the whole month of August! I’m ready to do everything I can to get out of the 180s!!
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm sorry about your past 2 days. What can you do to make the next bite a healthy one? I'm glad I didn't stop, too! Yes, back to boxing on Saturday!

@TeresaW1020 Yes! It's really the new Delta variant that is causing all the problems. It's all over here. I'm starting to feel the same way! That sounds like a good mask. I'm glad the potluck went well. That's wonderful that your mom is making friends at church. Wow, a whole month of menus? I thought I was doing good making one week! LOL You will get there!

Well, first things first: my test came back NEGATIVE...no COVID. So that's a relief. No more parties, even though it was outdoors and not many people. Too risky for now. That's what works for me! Now I can go back to boxing class, which I am very happy about. I hope today goes by quickly, I'm not in the mood to work.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I wanted to let you know I just did a few minutes with the stretch bands. Yes that is a workout..LOL.
    Will get me a routine, but just trying it out to make sure I didn’t waste my money. LOL I did better on food yesterday, I still got emotional and got into the ice cream, but I was more mindful of what I was doing.

@trooworld So glad it came back negative. I don’t think I would ever be in the mood to work. LOL.

@TeresaW1020 So glad your mom is finding friends. My dad in the end, just stayed to himself. It was sad. I am like him, so I hope I remember this later on in life..LOL (no comment from the person on vacation). :). I don’t know about pretracking, My home life, doesn’t always make that easy. I will commit to the tracking everyday challenge. I am already supposed to be doing that in another group..so now I have two groups to be accountable to. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie How did the stretch bands workout feel? Good job! Have you been tracking? I'm glad, too. Yeah, good point, I'm rarely in the mood to work lol!

Hi all. I lost 2.8 lbs this week. I'm still up from my lowest point a few months ago but I'll get there. Today will be pretty busy: I have my WW meeting, then my boxing class, then I have to stop at the mall to return a sweatshirt, then I have to take my DH to his brother's. I just want to sit and read lol. I'll get to do that at some point today.

• cbabie
    Morning I tracked yesterday, but was way over in fat grams...I knew I would be. I had PB and a second helping of Ice cream. I haven't had PB in a while and just was craving it and knew to eat it and not the house. LOL. Didn't do much else but read and play with baby girl. My TM sits outside an is usually ok when it rains..since we rarely get any...but this last storm killed it. (I have no place inside or even on the patio rn for it). So I still needed cardio, so I walked around my pool for 15 min...will do bands later today.

@trooworld I love the bands, they feel sturdy, you can grab the easy, they don't slide in your hand and the stretch is good!!! Oh bummer, I just looked on Amazon, I was going to put the link in here, but they are now currently unavailable and don't know when they will be back in stock. The brand is Arena Strength. I like them.
    Great job on the loss, you are getting your "you" back. LOL. congrats!!!

cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I’m so happy that your test was negative. I’m sorry that you don’t feel that you can attend parties right now. Hopefully things there will settle down and you will be able to. At least you feel OK to go to the boxing class! That is awesome that you lost 2.8 lbs this week!! Just keep it up and you will get back to that lowest point and keep on going! :grin:

@cbabie Stretch bands can be a real workout! My new program is using them all the time and my shoulders are hurting still from yesterday’s workout. I’m glad that you will commit to tracking every day. If you can’t pre-track then at least have a pad of paper in the kitchen and write down everything you eat BEFORE you eat it. Maybe write down the fat grams if you know them too. ;) Bummer about the treadmill.

Hi everyone! Today was another super-hot day so I stayed inside. I did a double workout this morning and then had to hang out with tech support while he solved a hacker issue on the church’s website. Most annoying! :s Well, I’m excited for August and I’m really determined to stick to my commitment to track accurately every day and do my best to hit my target goals. I want to aim for 1300 calories, 125 grams Protein, 30 grams net carbs, and 75 grams fat. If I can go lower on fat and carbs great. It’s the protein I plan to pay the most attention to this month. I want to see if I really increase it and lower the other macros will I see more weight loss. I’ve been doing great this week with the DDF and meeting my blood sugar target every day. I am GOING to get in the 170s this month and NEVER go back into the 180s again. That is a promise that I’m making to myself and you are all my witnesses. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld That's huge that you bypassed the fast food when you were anxious. So glad the test came back negative. Woohoo on your weight loss. I got 100% water the other day. I figured out if I sit at a restaurant long enough with the waitress ignoring us to order, I can drink a lot of water. lol

@cbabie So what is going to be your plan going forward for when you find yourself eating unplanned items? Which means it's good to preplan each day. B/L/D/Snacks. So the person on vacation has to comment on pretracking. You know what food is in your house in your refrigerator and your cupboards. If the other people living in the house want to have fast food or go out, then that doesn't mean that you have to have it unless you plan ahead to eat it. Impulse eating is what keeps us fat and unhealthy. There's a saying in my family of "you do you and I'll do me" It can be hard but then so is having diabetes or cancer. Choose your hard. (aren't you glad I had time to check in. :) ) I hope you enjoy your bands and it becomes a habit. Yaaay for walking around your pool.

@teresaw1020 I have mastered the habit of tracking but I still need to work on preplanning each day. I think covid will always be around if large groups of people continue to not be vaccinated. Then if we do get it, it won't be that serious. I've been living in my mask since we leave early in the morning and come home at night. I'm ready to go home just to not have to wear it. Today at Pike's Place Market was crazy with wall to wall people. That's good about your mom meeting new friends.

188/238 Green
    77 min walking
    50% water

The hills in Seattle are killers. We're flying out early a.m. tomorrow to head back to MN.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That's good you tracked. That's too bad about your TM. Do you think your DH can fix it? I'm glad you love the bands.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks. Yeah, it's just too much of a risk to my family. It's rampant around here. Yes, and I don't wear a mask at boxing although I could change that at any time! That sucks about the hacker issue with the church. You've got this! I know you will achieve your goals this month.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, that's a good point! I'm glad it was negative, too. That's great about the water, what are you doing differently? I've been getting over 100% for about a week now, I forgot to report. You can drink a lot of water at the restaurant IF they keep refilling it. ;)

Hi all. I went to boxing class yesterday morning and killed it. Afterward, my husband and I took something back at the mall and then went to a Mediterranean restaurant and sat outside and ate. I didn't make the best choice but I did eat mostly protein with a little of the rice. After that, we took a nap and I dropped off my husband at his brother's. I came home and was so exhausted, all I could do is lay on the couch and watch TV. I barely had the energy to get something to drink lol. Today is grocery shopping. Other than that, I'm relaxing! Maybe I'll finally be able to read.

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Are you wearing your mask because it’s mandated where you are or because your worried about catching it even though you are vaccinated? I understand that I might get infected with something if I don’t have a mask on but I’m willing to take that risk. I took this vaccine that hasn’t been fully approved by the FDA, because they said I wouldn’t have to wear a mask anymore. If I’m forced to put it on again, I will NOT be a happy woman. But I’m afraid it will happen where I live so I’m working on what will be the most ultra-breathable mask I can get away with. ;) Have a safe trip home!

@trooworld Yeah, I get the need for added caution if you are living in an area that is really full of the virus. It’s here too but it’s not rampant and I pray it won’t be. Good job on killing it at the boxing class! How many days are you going? Take it easy today! :)

Hi everyone! Not much happening today. I went to church wearing a super cute new shirt I had bought at Chico's and received a lot of compliments, so that was nice. I am excited about this new month. I’m really determined to work hard. This morning I did a cardio workout that kicked my butt which felt great. I’m also doing a 31-day squat challenge. So far, my knees have been behaving so I hope that keeps up. I did see a nice whoosh on the scale this morning and it looks very promising that I will be in the 170s for next Friday’s weigh-in. *fingers crossed!* :grin:
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 That's good it's not rampant where you live. This week, I am going 3 days: Tues, Thurs, and Sun. It's going to be hard going Tues after work as I am working in the office that day. That's good you received a lot of compliments in your new shirt. I know you are going to have a good month. Fingers crossed your knees hold out for the squat challenge and for the scale to behave!

Hello all. This week starts the beginning of working 3 days in the office. I'm not looking forward to it. I know these three days will be very busy which will make the day go by quickly but I'm going to boxing on Tuesday night after work and I'm concerned that I won't have enough energy. Last night, I made something really yummy for dinner: Sheet Pan Blackened Salmon and Potato Bowl with Avocado Goddess Sauce https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/sheet-pan-blackened-salmon-bowl/ I didn't make rice to go with it but instead made green beans. Have a good day!

v050qfd5xf5a.jpg
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Omg. July was rough. Time to get my head back in the game and get back on track. Time to get off the lazy train. July has been eating to many foods I shouldn’t be. No exercise. And way to much beer. This morning I was at my highest weight this summer, probably highest weight all year. I know I will be able to drop it pretty quickly but have made no progress which is sad. Going to take this week slow getting back exercising but plan on 3 5 km walks and some weights.
  • Shatszi
    Shatszi Posts: 6 Member
    Hello everyone! 😊
    Glad I stumbled upon this group! Thanks @cbabie! Was missing my WW community. Still trying to figure everything out here. First day on MFP. Still figuring out app.
    Wishing everyone a great day! 🇨🇦🥰
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Welcome @Shatszi
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Welcome, @Shatszi !
  • trooworld
    @renaegry Sounds like you need to make a plan for when you are at the lake. Do you track when you are there?

@Shatszi Hi and welcome! I think I'm the only one still on WW on this board lol. If you have any questions about the app, I'm sure someone can answer them for you. I don't use the app so I'm no help lol. Have a great day!

Hi all. I need to take it easy all day because tonight is boxing class! I don't want to not have the energy to go. The first day back at work went well: I stayed out of the vending machines and the cafe. It helped that I brought my snacks. I'm doing the same again today.