NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :)

@prisoner2food, that is fantastic that you went to Vegas and lost weight!! Way to go!! B)

@TrishasTime, good news that the surgeon released you. Now you just gotta keep up with your exercises and wait for the healing to happen. :) Don't beat yourself over the scale. The scale is evil!! >:)

@its_cleo, that is great that you have a trainer that is fun to work with. I'm sure that makes the workouts a lot more fun and pretending to be Rocky is great!! :D

@trooworld, well I hope you learn a lot since you have to work and not get paid. Can't wait to hear how the condo search went!! :)

@theslightedgeforever, Yes I remember and you are right...as usual! B) Today is a day that I will eat more than normal and because I'm planning for it that is OK! It's when I go off the rails and it's not planned that I have to keep working on. Dancing is the best kind of exercise!! :)

So, yesterday we went to Sams to pick up the deli trays I ordered and get the other food for the worship pastor's send-off party. While there the power goes out, the alarm goes on and we are stuck like that for 30 minutes before they decide to shut down the store. My pre-paid deli trays are in the cooler and they can't get them out!! :s So, I talk to a manager about coming back to get my money and we head to Walmart and Kroger to try to figure out what to do for this "light" luncheon party. I just pray I bought enough! :| Then tonight is my little dinner party and I'm looking forward to it. But so much to do today!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo Thanks! My mortgage broker has been sending us numbers, but I'm afraid I'm overestimating what we can afford based on our budget (it's just my anxiety again!). Yeah, we are trying to get a place without a pool but a lot of them have a pool since this is CA. :( My favorite place doesn't though, so we'll see! I'm glad you had a good vacation. Have fun at the movies, are you bringing your own snacks? Wow, I really admire you, I've always wanted to be able to do pushups but can never do them!

@TrishasTime We are going today at 2:15. I could barely sleep last night, I was so excited! I think I get some brownie points for going to the work thing, but it helps me in my job to collect the knowledge I learn at these events. No, no added personal time. Just good karma. ;) The scale is a liar, don't listen to it too much.

@theslightedgeforever Yes! Biggest baby. If I acted like that, he would totally ignore me. That's a long break for your book club, but then again everyone probably has summer plans. CONGRATS ON YOUR BIG STICKER!!!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, I learned a lot. I don't know if it was enough to make me happy about going on a Saturday lol. I am so excited to go condo looking today!!! Oh my gosh, that is awful about your deli trays and I hope everything goes okay today!!! :/

Hello all! I am soooooo excited for today. I read up on viewing house etiquette: take off your shoes, ask to take pictures, don't use the bathroom, don't overstay your welcome, be on time etc. most of it was common sense but some of it was good. This is the most expensive purchase of our lives, so it makes me really nervous!!!!

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I go back to work for a full day today - hope all goes well. Unfortunately yesterday, Without thinking, I tried to lift a roasting pan with large chicken on it out of the oven and hurt my wrist, the pain was awful and I immediately went into comfort food. Ended up with strong (script) pain killers

@theslightedgeforever - 6 months for your next book club? Is that usual??? Congrats on your big sticker day which I read, you managed despite going to a wedding :) Please say hello to @cbabie as I can see she is not on lately

@Teresaw2010 - I was thinking about you last night - I think you should update your picture with the new skinny you. Hope the catering went well

@trooworld - It is always very scary making your first house purchase, I remember ours so well. You may have to compromise on a few things whilst you get settled, but just think - no more rent inspections :) If you make an offer, would love to see piccies.

Hello to Its_cleo, @prisoner2food and anyone else who cruises by

Trish

• prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Night shift leaves me exhausted.
    Going to my daugjter’s to snuggle babies for a few days.

Karen in BC
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @trooworld So how was the condo search? How was your weekend foodwise?

@trishastime Ouch on the wrist. I guess more progress needed on that too. One of the upcoming lessons in my 100 day journal is called Ditch the Parent. It talks about eating foods and feeling good/bad based on those foods. Instead we chose to eat those foods and then journaling how we felt when we ate those foods. So you chose to eat for comfort. It happens to the best of us. Then the next lesson is Beat Myself Up. You tell yourself well that was unfortunate and not what I planned. Here's what I learned..... Bookclub is only on break for 4 months. Yes normal. It's usually 3-4 months off during the summer. We usually meet in May but people had graduations to attend. We read 2 books over the summer and then discuss both in September. I can't wait to read my pick for the year in February. It's called The Gown. Fiction story about Queen Elizabeth's wedding gown. They weave fact and fiction together in this novel.

@prisoner2food Enjoy your time with your family. Get some rest. Make good choices while you are there.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 Sorry about the deli trays. Who knows maybe they were tainted and God saved you all from some food poisoning. (I always make up stuff like that to help me feel better when this stuff happens to me, lol) Yes, we need to keep working on the unplanned eating that we do. I learned I'm not in a position right now to have a package of sweet rolls in my house. I haven't had any in about 10 years and then one day I think those look really good and buy some. They were good too. But I ate too many. So those have to stay at the store. Probably why it's been 10 years.

I stayed within my food boundaries. Drank all my water. Exercised 15 min and took a rest day. (I'm good on those days) Wrote in my journal. Big sticker day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime I'm so sorry to hear about the chicken incident! Do take care and don't overdo it, especially today going back to full time. Good luck! re: the home search...we found a condo we liked and we MADE AN OFFER!!! We did have to compromise on a few things (no washer and dryer in the unit, no patio, no 2nd bathroom) but it's been beautifully redone. Here is the listing for it, I don't know how to share photos of it any other way: https://redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/2840-39th-St-92105/unit-9/home/5398221

@theslightedgeforever Condo search was good. We saw one that was good but already had an offer on it that they were going to accept (the agent didn't tell our agent that), one that was not acceptable because it had a pool right outside the front door and was also right across from a high school, one that was pretty nice but there would be no guest parking and one that was perfect and we put an offer in (see the link in my comment to Trisha above). We will find out tonight if they accept our offer, there is another offer in on it too. Food: it was 50/50...Saturday night, we ordered Chinese take-out which is the first time I've eaten off-plan since being on plan. Yesterday was good. Great big sticker!!!

I have a migraine. Likely the weather, but could be from all the excitement.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

I am still in a place that I am trying to revive from. Still no sugar, but boy yesterday was hard. It was our Pastors last day and I had ordered cake, brought 3 pieces home and they are still on the counter. I am trying to heal emotionally and love this group.

@trooworld love the condo, I hope you get it! It's beautiful.

@TeresaW1020 I have not had time or the where with all to read all the post, but I hope you're doing okay. I read someplace one of your pastors was leaving.. Our lives seem to be so much alike every I read something.

@prisoner2food get some rest, but yes enjoy those babies.

@TrishasTime Please take care of yourself. I am praying your live gets back to a normalcy and your wrist heals quickly!

@theslightedgeforever Yea there is lots of food I can't have in the house...LOL

Okay, I have to go...thinking of all of you and sorry for the ones I missed responding to.

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @cbabie just focus on you, and taking care of yourself...

@trooworld that is beautiful! I hope you get it. So exciting. I think I should move to California lol. Condos here are going for half a mill.

@theslightedgeforever well once in ten years is not bad! I've learned not to buy packs of sweet things even though sometimes I get tempted. If I decide to get a treat I will go buy a single of something usually. It has helped me to cut down.

@TrishasTime oh that sounds painful. Sometimes I grab things from the over without an oven mitt without thinking. It happened a couple times last year. I am just kind of dazed in the kitchen lol.

well yesterday was end of week for me, and I gained a pound. Also somehow I was about 300 calories over my weekly total so I'm not sure how that happened, bc I was keeping track daily and I guess somewhere along the way I got confused about what I had in the bank and ate too much.

Ah well. Starting again- yesterday was on track. Today on track so far.

Lessons learned from last week-

I need at least 500 cals for dinner.
    On days when I am in the office I need to plan for more food bc I eat much more than at home.

Ex- yesterday I ran 2 min cycles for the first time in a long time. It was an easy route but I was still pretty pleased.

Today I went to a pilates class.

Slow at work right now bc I have more time.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Fingers crossed on the condo. It's great that you got right back on plan after the Chinese dinner.

@cbabie Good of you to check in. Look how long you have lasted with the no sugar thing. Have you noticed any difference in the way your body feels?

@its_cleo Hooray for being on track yesterday and then again today. One of my lessons is to shoot for being OP three days in a row. Then start over. It's easier to think about doing it for 3 days than 7 days or forever. That's good that you are learning from this experiment so you can tweak your plan and modify it to your personal preferences.

I stayed within my food boundaries. Had to have oatmeal for dinner to do it but I did it. Drank all my water. Exercised 47 min. Journal done. Big sticker day.
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Stayed under calories!!

Karen in BC
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you are still staying away from sugar. I'm sorry you are still struggling. Thanks, we are still waiting to hear if we get it and I'm going nutzo waiting!!!

@its_cleo Thanks! Yeah, it is a really good price, especially for the area! We were supposed to hear last night but my realtor said we were just waiting on some signatures on the counter-offer or something like that. That's good you can look back at your week and reflect. I think that is important to do.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I'm impressed with myself lol! And I've lost what I gained from the Chinese food, I'm down a lb from last week. Thanks for the crossed fingers, I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed too!!! I think you must be solidly back on track, slightedge...you've had 3 big sticker days in a row, haven't you?

Hi all. I am so nervous and excited, waiting to hear whether we get the condo. Yesterday afternoon at work, I couldn't concentrate at all...I did zero work. I pretended to work, sure, but I didn't actually do any lol. And my stomach was in knots. I couldn't even eat any dinner, and that is saying something because I NEVER skip a meal!!! ;) I hope to hear something early today but who knows? Meanwhile, I'll stay on plan.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld, my fingers and toes are crossed for you to get that condo!! Love how bright the place is and those floors are awesome!! I can’t wait to hear the good news!! <3

@TrishasTime, so sorry you hurt your hand. That is going to be one of your biggest issues is that you will feel fine and stop thinking about being careful with your body that still has a long way to go to being fully healed. I know this because that is what I do whenever I hurt myself. 😉

@prisoner2food, snuggling babies is the best medicine for a tired body. Yayyyy for staying under your calories!! :)

@theslightedgeforever, NO way could I have sweet rolls in my house! I have half a pound cake right now in my fridge from my Sunday dinner party that is calling my name and probably needs to take a walk to the trash can outside. :p

@cbabie, hey girl!! Thanks for checking in. <3 I am doing well and yes we just lost our worship pastor who decided to go become a senior pastor to a small country church. This guy is 28 and is the least country person I know. Should be interesting for all involved. :D

@its_cleo, bummer about the pound gain but you are doing so great that you will get it off! Are you sure you are eating enough for the amount of exercise you do? I think trying to figure out how many calories we really need is the most frustrating part of losing weight. :)

Hello everyone!! So, I ended the month with a one pound gain. Not too surprising considering all the eating events and the conference I went on where I lost my mind in a sea of Southern cooking! I have got to pull it together! Which is much easier said than done. Tonight, I’m going with my ladies Bible study group to eat Mexican and then go bowling. I haven’t gone bowling since I was a teenager so that should be interesting! I'm also leaving on May 11th for Florida to see my family for a few days and I’ve already told my mother NOT to make a bunch of sweets. She is diabetic and will use me as an excuse. Not this time, mama!! ;)

OK, I have also decided to do something radical for May. I weigh every morning and record it. I know that weight fluctuates and am usually ok with it but if I'm honest it does mess with my head. So I'm doing No Weigh in May except for when I do my WW Tuesday weigh-ins. Does anyone want to join me? B)

ncbq0kta4lbj.png

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Work has been hectic again as the project ramps up to its end on May 10th.

@trooworld - I have my fingers crossed for you - what a really nice place. What would use the second bedroom for? It says that the laundry is communal - does that mean it is in a place somewhere on the property, but you would not have to pay each time you use it??

@Teresaw2010 - I am with you - but I will retain my WI every 10 days as per the 100 day journal. Bowling - I can not think when we last did that - I hope you have a great time

@prisoner2food - Snuggling babies - that is so nice and relaxing.

@theslightedgeforever - I am thinking I am liking the topics more in the second 100 days then the first. I am finding some of these topics irrelevant - but am still doing them.

@cbabie - I am so glad you are hanging in there

@its_cleo - Congrats on the run. Why is it slow at work?? Is it because we are coming to the end of the financial year?

Take care everyone

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @prisoner2food Kudos for staying under calories. Now shoot for two days in a row.

@trooworld Waiting anxiously to hear if you got the new condo. If the answer is no that means God has an even better one out there waiting for you. I don't know if I'm solidly back on track but at least I'm on the right path now.

@teresaw1020 Sweet rolls: it didn't stay very long here. ;) I'm usually okay with having desserts in the house. I eat my one portion and then I'm done. I went crazy it seems with these. Ha on your diabetic mother. I remember visiting my diabetic parents. There was always sweets around and ice cream in the fridge. Good thing I don't care much for ice cream. I do miss the Austin cheese crackers he would buy from WalMart. I can't keep those in the house. No weigh in: I do better if I weigh in every day. It nudges me in the right direction. If it's up and I know I've eaten out or popcorn then I ignore it but if I know I haven't been staying within calories, its my reminder. But then like today it dropped a bit and I was like woohoo, just keep going. To thine own self be true is the saying. So try this and see if this works for you better. The good thing is you won't see all the ups and down that are a normal occurrence.

@trishastime At first I wasn't liking this 100 day journal as much as I liked the first but it's getting better. So I don't know if I just wasn't in a good place or what. Reading the book along with the journal is alot better. More explanations. More context. So if you redo the first two 100 day journals again next year, I recommend you getting the books that go along with them.

I stayed within my food boundaries. Exercised 67 minutes. Drank all my water. Wrote in my journal. Big sticker day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you...we got the condo!!! :D More on that later. Sorry about the gain, I understand about Southern cooking, man it's good! Good luck with your "No Weigh", I'll think about it but for now, I'm committed to my weighing schedule.

@TrishasTime We got it!!! We are going to use that second bedroom for a couple of things: I'm going to put a futon in it to use for guests, but it is primarily going to be used as a yoga studio/meditation studio. It *might* also have some stuff stored in it in wardrobes along the walls. Unfortunately, the communal laundry you have to pay for, but it is on the property at least.

@theslightedgeforever We got it!!! We are going to be homeowners (if all goes well)!!! I'm glad you are on the right path for now.

Hello all! I'm so over the moon happy. The seller stipulated that they want a 21-day close, which should not be a problem according to our mortgage broker, so in 3 weeks, we will be moving! :D Lots to do between now and then. I will do my best to stay OP. So far, so good except I had a small piece of cake yesterday afternoon (I think because of all the stress).

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @trooworld congrats!

kw5srbpwrmtj.png

That's exciting...I never ended up buying a condo though I looked. I chickened out, partly because I'm on my own and it just felt like too much. But this is great for you! Sometimes I regret it. A little piece of cake due to stress is totally understandable.

@TrishasTime I work like a consultant. So I'm assigned to a client and we bill them, but sometimes they have nothing for me to do. Usually because i produce a project then they take a couple weeks to review. So I end up with a lot of free time and my boss doesn't care bc we're still billing the client. This is also why I work from home so much. Clients don't usually care where I am.

Sometimes I have multiple clients and I can switch but not often. Right now my next client is also not ready, so I'm just relaxing lol. It won't last though. I expect things will pick up next week.

@teresaw2010 1lb is not bad at all, and you can knock that in no time! I will weigh in only once a week with you, but Sunday is my day. So if I can keep my day, it's a deal.

@theslightedgeforever that's a good approach, on target for three days in a row.

I went to the pilates class Monday and man was I sore after lol. Not sure I will keep going. There are some women there that didn't like the class and they complained after, it just felt like a bad vibe. So I don't know.

I am under cals so far this week, and have a surplus. Tomorrow I will go in the office so I expect I will eat more so I've tried to bank a little surplus for tomorrow.

Today I will do stairs again. When the trees/flowers are all up I'll take a picture, but right now everything is grey and rainy.

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld!! How exciting for you and hubby!! I'm so happy for you!! <3

9hwavha8vcbz.jpg

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @its_cleo, yes, of course, you can keep your Sunday weigh in!! :)

It was strange not to weigh in this morning and see how much eating out at the Mexican restaurant did to me. But I'm committed to it and hubby won't give me my scale back until June, so I better just suck it up and be a good girl. I did an hour treadmill walk and got in 3 miles. That felt good! Plus, I'm leaving for Florida in 9 days to see my family and I really want my weight loss to be evident and my new cute capris to fit! :D

We didn't go bowling last night after all. There were league games going on and three of our ladies couldn't stay anyway, so I just came home. We had a great time at dinner and agreed that we should do that more often. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Yippee on the condo. So now your quest will be to NOT gain weight during this move. Stress is not a good excuse. Weight loss might have to be moved to the back burner but definitely a maintain is a possibility. Stick to your program as much as you can. Kick those thoughts away of "I'll just start again once we're in the new condo". They are not your friend. I'm so excited for you. I love having a new house where everything is new and shiny. Here's to new beginnings. (imagine a wine glass in my hand while I'm toasting)

@its_cleo That's great you have a surplus of calories and can use it like you want. Planning ahead for events is a good thing. Try one more time at the Pilates class and see how you feel. Your gut is usually right.

@Teresaw1020 I think this weekly weigh in might work out better for you. A big drop would be satisfying to see. This keeps you focused on your habits and not the scale. I'm leaving on the 15th to go see my kids. I'll be in Virginia for the first part of the trip. I need to help my daughter pack up her apartment and move to Minnesota. What's your plan during your trip?

I stayed within food boundaries. Exercised for 65 min. Drank all my water. Wrote in my journal. Big sticker day.