NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    GM everyone

@trooworld - Did you have to work on Easter Monday? Easter Monday is a holiday here (unless you are a shift worker). Hope your husband is okay.

@prisoner2food - Hope you have a lovely time in Vegas. You deserve abit of a break :) Was it always planned to be alot of walking?

@its_cleo - As we say on here, find your plan and stick to it and it seems you have found your exercise plan that suits you so well done.

@theslightedgeforever - They say only do an exercise that you are happy to do when you are 80. So it is walking for me :) Great on the big sticker day

Off for yet more xrays today. Tomorrow we have another public holiday for ANZAC day. This is to remember our fallen soldiers that fought for us during the war. There are services as dawn breaks and a parade in the street where the digger (soldiers) can march or if they have passed away, their relatives march with their medals

Catch you all tomorrow
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I wish I was rocking this 100 day challenge. But the good news is that I have 90% left to go. So I still have time. Just slow going this first 10 days. Sorry about your husband.

@Trishatime You and troo have got me singing Monday Monday. The only exercise I would be happy to do when I'm 80 is move my eyes back and forth while holding a Kindle. lol But I'll conquer this. I am a warrior.
    That ANZAC day sounds nice. How have you been doing on your eating plan?

I stayed within my food boundaries. Had to use my last rest day for the week but still got in my 15 min walk. Water goal not met. Journal done. Little sticker day.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TrishasTime I did have to work Easter Monday. It is not considered a Federal holiday here. I take my hubby back to the doctor this morning, we'll see, I hope he's okay too! Enjoy your day off of remembrance. I hope the x-rays go well, too.

@theslightedgeforever You'll get in the groove, I know you will. I believe in you! Thanks, he's been moaning and groaning, the poor thing. I'm glad you are still doing your stickers. I haven't been.

Hi all. I've been staying within my macros for the most part. Last night, I didn't have anything made for supper and didn't feel like cooking, so I stopped at Chipotle and got us salad bowls which fit nicely within our plan and were delicious. I have to cook tonight, though. My budget can't support eating out two nights in a row.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning! I am stopping by to say I am alive and I have had no sweets...I am also going to tell you this has been the darkest time in my life for reasons I can't tell you. However, I am still around, and not sure how often I will get in on the boards, but I miss all of you and so glad to see that you all are still supporting each other!

Cbabie
  • dragonsplace
    dragonsplace Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Hope you get through the dark time you're going through OK.
    Pat.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good Morning everyone

Today is Anzac day where we celebrate the lives of our fallen soldiers. My son went to the dawn service at 6am this morning - here are some photos. This will be the same accross every Major city and alot of littles towns throughout Australia and NewZealand (ANZAC stands for Australian New Zealand Army Cor)

u0nv7zzp353y.jpg

vqcw2cgrgr9b.jpg

Parades start at 9am. All shops etc must be closed until 12 noon.

@cbabie - {{ Cyber hugs}} Please know that we support you, whatever you are going through. I am just glad you checked in I hope that you will soon find peace.

@theslightedgeforever - Good for you for staying within your eating plan. I am doing okay with the eating, trying to manage a very slow 20 min walk each day (this is more pain than aerobic) LOL. I love it - when you get to 80, youwill be just reading :)

@trooworld - We have 10 public holidays here - our next one is the beginning of June, so this plus our 4 weeks a year annual leave plus sick leave - we are indeed a lucky country

Hi to @dragonsplace, @prisoner2food , @its_cleo , @gemwolf110 and anyone else who passes by

Trish
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Home from Vegas. Exhausted. Had to be up at 5 this am to catch the flight. Had a great time with my daughter and SIL and the babies but Vegas is not my thing.
    Back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Karen in BC

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Good for you for going out to eat and choosing something that was in your plan.

@cbabie Glad to see you on here. Woohoo on no sweets

@dragonsplace Welcome to the group

@trishastime Beautiful pictures. It's nice to remember the fallen. 20 minute walks are great for you. Sorry they are painful. May you heal quickly.

@prisoner2food Was this your first time in Vegas? I still haven't been. But hope to one day so I can ride down the strip in a limo standing up through the roof yelling WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I hope you got a lot of walking in at least.

I stayed within my food boundary. Did 60 min of exercise. 32 of that was weights. My legs are starting to get sore. Water goal not met. Journal done. Little sticker day. Tomorrow is 10 day weigh in and I'm still up on the scale from the start. Oh well. Now to concentrate on Days 11-20 and shoot for a loss.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie ((( HUGS ))) to you dear cbabie. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope it gets better soon. I miss you here. Yay to no sweets, congrats on that, that's not easy when things are dark.

@dragonsplace Hello Pat, welcome! :)

@TrishasTime What nice photos, Trisha. I hope you enjoy the day of remembrance. Wow, yippeee 4 weeks annual leave + 10 public holidays, wow you are lucky! :)

@prisoner2food Vegas is not my thing either. It's too much. lol I'm glad you had a good time though.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I'm glad I could do that. I feel you have your eye on the prize now and will be fine re: the 100 day challenge. You've got this, don't worry.

Hi all. I've been doing really good on my eating plan and feel pretty good. I've been happy with my food choices so far and have been consistently losing weight. I think this might work for me.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad the plan is working for you! Sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he recovers soon.

@theslightedgeforever well you’re off to a slow start, that just means ending the 100 days with a bang. Good job on the exercise. Do you normally do weights? Yeah it can cause sore muscles for sure.

@prisoner2food glad you’re back home safe and sound. Yeah Vegas is not my thing either. I prefer natural world. I would love to go somewhere like the Grand Canyon.

@TrishasTime thanks for sharing those pictures. We have Remembrance Day here, but it’s in November. Some people have it as a holiday and some don’t. How is your recovery coming along?

@cbabie take care, we’re all thinking of you.

So far I've been under cals every day except one and I made up for it the other days so still have a calorie defecit. I also haven't been eating my exercise cals.

Today I go to the gym to see my trainer. Tuesday we did some deadlifts with kettlebells and some other leg stuff.

Not much else going on. I'm trying to get back into a good routine after being on vacation and being lazy.

Take care all!
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Today I meet with the surgeon again - hopefully everything is on track for my hand. The foot is not a weight bearing bone, so it will have to heal itself, hence the pain. The cast they made me (not plaster), make my thumb ache, so I went to a chemist and bought a wrist support - wonder if they are going to tell me off ?? - oh well

@prisoner2food - I am so glad you had a fun time in Vegas, I too dread going back to work next week. At 5.30am - the skies are now pitch black and not very encouraging to get our of bed and go to work.

@theslightedgeforever - Love your thoughts, I think before the 100 days, perceiving you may have a gain would have thrown you off your perch. I know you will have a loss next week.

@trooworld - Congrats on your loss - yes this plan seems to agree with you, hope you DH is feeling better

@TeresaW1020 - How are you going? Are you back on track? Did you go to WW this week or was it closed due to Easter?

@its_cleo - Great tracking and staying within your calorie goal. I am more the girl going down the strip in limo than nature. Not that I see myself doing either one

Hello to everyone else who cruises by

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Quickie here. I lost 0.1 for my 10 day check in. Went over on my food boundary, exercised 35 min. Water goal not met. Journal not done. I had bookclub. We read The Silver Star by Jeanette Walls
  • trooworld
    Options
    @its_cleo Thanks! I hope my husband recovers soon, too, not only is he a big baby right now lol, but I'm having to do all the work with the dog and cooking and cleaning! :( How was your vacation?

@TrishasTime Man, that stinks that you have so much pain and there is nothing they can do about it! DH is not feeling better yet...still a big baby lol.

@theslightedgeforever Congrats on the loss...better than a gain. I hope you enjoyed book club.

Hello all! My DH and I are going to see some condos with our realtor this weekend, it's so exciting! I also have to go to an all-day symposium tomorrow. :/ So, it's going to be a busy weekend. I hope you all have a great day!

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :)

@trooworld, that is fantastic that you are going to look at condos! I know you are excited to get out of your apartment. I hope you find the perfect place for you and your hubby!! B)

@theslightedgeforever, like you have said to me time and again…a loss is a loss!! Start doing your journal! <3

@TrishasTime, Beautiful pictures and such an important holiday to celebrate! I am back on track and slowly starting to lose what I gained. I went to my WW meeting last Tuesday and yet again they talked about doing activity. They are like a broken record and starting to bore me!! :/ That is good news that your hand and foot are healing. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you! :)

@its_cleo, you have a good plan going and that is great that you are getting back in your routine after vacation. That can be the most difficult part of a vacation. At least for me, it is! :)

@prisoner2food, glad you had a great time with your family. I used to live in Vegas and it’s not my thing either. :D

@cbabie, I am so very sorry that you are going through such a dark and painful time in your life. I pray that it is only a season in your life and that you will find peace very soon. Good for you for staying away from sweets. I know that must be very hard! Check in when you can and know that we love you and are here for whenever you can drop in. <3<3

Sorry that I have been missing the last few days! I have been busy with work and spring cleaning my house. On Monday and Tuesday, I cleaned out my two clothes closets and organized all my summer clothes. I was happy to bag up a big box of clothes that are too big on me and hopefully by fall the rest of the larger sizes will be gone! I also don’t need as many clothes as I had. When I worked in furniture sales, I had to dress up every day. Now I live in jeans and T-shirts and only dress up on Sundays!

I’m trying to be good with my eating but it’s so hard when things keep popping up! This Sunday there is a lunch for our worship pastor who is leaving to be a pastor at another church. And then Sunday night I’m having our new youth director and her fiance over for dinner. Next Sunday I’m part of a group throwing a bridal shower for a young couple in our church and then on May 11th, I leave for Florida to see my family. My plan is to do intermittent fasting as much as I can and just try to make wise choices when I can. :#o:)

• prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well Vegas was good for one thing. I lost 4 pounds from walking and not eating between meals. Has motivated me to start logging again!!
    Back to 12 hr nights tonight.
    Today was the first day I felt normal since having pneumonia. I am sure that feeling won’t last once I work nights again. Lol

Karen from BC
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@prisoner2food - Congrats on the loss. Glad you are back on track :)

@Teresaw1020 - Try to make the best choices at every meal. Continue tracking as it reminds you of what you have consumed, BUT make sure you enjoy yourself. You have done so well :)

@trooworld - So exciting - going to see condos and watching our dream start to come to fruition.

@theslightedgeforever - Congrats on the loss - now onto the next 10 days :)

Hello to @cbabie, its_cleo, @gemwolf110 - Hope all is as good as it can be

The surgeon has dismissed me for now. He says if the occupational therapist is concerned, he will see me again. As to the swollen foot, he says it is a catch 22 - you need to walk to get the swelling down and then walking causing swelling and eventually it will go (3 - 6 months) ugh... The hand well that could take up to a couple of years and although it will never get back to the same, - keep up the hand exercises

Sheesh - I am so full of good news and I go back to work full time on Monday'

Catch you all later

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I am excited and do hope we find the perfect place! There are many good options. :) How exciting to get rid of clothes that are TOO BIG FOR YOU! And that's great that you can go to work in jeans, I wish I could do that!!! Do the best you can with your food choices and try to remember your WHY.

@prisoner2food Congrats on the loss!

@TrishasTime Yes! I'm nervous though. What if we get into a payment that we can't afford? It all seems so unaffordable compared to renting. :/ Sorry about the surgeon's news. Geez. I hope you regain as much use out of things as you can.

Hello all! I have to go to an all-day work event today and not get paid yipeee! It's voluntary so I shouldn't complain too much. It's a "learning opportunity". But I'd rather be doing other things today. I feel obligated to go, though, so I am going.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @trooworld good luck with your hunt! It is exciting. It is stressful too lol- I’m sure you can estimate what is affordable. Watch for places that have amenities you wouldn’t use. Pools for example add a lot to maintenance fees and unless you swim regularly I don’t think it’s worth it. Just my opinion- when I was looking for a condo I didn’t want anyplace with a pool.

My vacation was good -very relaxing. I didn’t do anything exciting bc I went on two trips last year, one was very expensive. So I am doing staycations this year. I did some spring cleaning. I sat too much and now my back is sore, so I am having to stretch it out every day to try to fix it. It is slowly getting better.

@TrishasTime glad you don’t need surgery. Take it easy going back to work…do you sit in an office for your job?

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you have a lot going on! I’m sure it felt great to get rid of the old clothes. I love getting rid of old clothes lol. I have some I need to donate but haven’t gotten around to it yet. It’s on my list though!

@theslightedgeforever 0.1 is the first step in the right direction!

I have been watching too much tv – sports. The Raptors and the Blue Jays and the Dodgers. Tonight I’m going out with friends to see the Avengers movie, I’m super excited.

At the gym Thursday I did some pushups with my trainer, but I couldn’t go all the way to the floor and then up, only partway. Still that is a big success for me because I’ve been trying to build up to do that for a long time. Trainer said he was really pleased with how well it is coming along. We pretend I’m like Rocky when I train lol. We have a lot of fun.

Yesterday I took a day off exercise. Today I am going to the gym and will do a bit of work on my own, then I will do the stairs and hill. Getting a bit bored of the stairs but it’s such good exercise.

Calorie wise- today is my last day of the week and so far I’ve been able to stay under my maintenance calories and I haven’t eaten my exercise calories. So that should put me in a deficit, so I’m hoping tomorrow maybe I will be a few ounces down. Even if I’m not, I feel good I stayed within my target that is my goal for right now.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Gm everyone

@trooworld- How did the Condo looking go? Do you get brownie points for going to voluntary work events?? Does it get added to personal time to be taken later?

@its_cleo - Unfortunately this news was after the wrist surgery :(. Staycations are nice, I find, I spend too much on things around the house.

Today, I am perplexed - the scales are moving upwards at the moment, the first day I thought - perhaps salt but I checked again today expecting it to drop back and it gained again. My calories are good, my active KJ are gaining each day.

We will see what the scales say in another 4 days

Trish

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Still laughing at your husband big baby comments. It's so true though when men get hurt. We women still carry on. Bookclub was fun. We won't have another one til September.

@teresaw1020 Do you remember in the first 100 days journal it talked about widening your boundaries? You will always have special events that come up. So these are the times when you have to have special rules to accommodate them. So you are not really off plan. The plan has changed during this time and it was pre-planned. In the second 100 day journal she talked about it again as Plan A, Plan B and there is no Plan C! Hooray for giving away those too-big clothes.

@prisoner2food That's great that you were able to lose weight while being on a little getaway. Now to just rock the at-home plan.

@trishastime Wow, a couple of years. I probably wouldn't be very good on those hand exercises. I know how I am saying to myself I need to do yoga once a week. Well, I guess do what you can on the foot and slowly build up your progress and strength and eventually you'll get back to normal. If you are still having the swelling, maybe the gain is just that. Just keep tracking and eating within your boundaries and get whatever kind of exercise you can do at this time. Drink your water. That's really all you can do. Later you will have a WHOOSH! The danger comes when we start thinking I'm doing everything right and I'm still gaining so I might as well enjoy myself and then we eat over our calories and the gain stays and then starts moving upwards even more. It becomes a great cycle.

@its_cleo I like that: first step in the right direction. Many more to come. Great news that you are staying within your range.

I stayed within my food boundaries; got in 62 active minutes on my fitbit at a wedding reception. Dancing!!!!! met my water goal. No journal Big sticker day.