NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@gemwolf110, Wahhhoooo on that 5 lb. charm!! Whenever someone at my meeting gets a charm we always do a big oohhhhhh and awwwwwe as our leader does her Vanna White impression. You are doing great! B)

@trooworld, I sure hope you aren't getting an ulcer! My dad suffered from ulcers and it was so painful. Yes, to checking out IF. I'm researching Keto too. Shaking things up can be a good thing. My current obsession is watching Youtube videos from a Dr. Ken Berry. Girl, you gotta check him out if you are interested in IF and Keto. :smile:

@theslightedgeforever, can you believe that our first 100 days is almost over? I can't wait to take my measurements. I'm working on my new chart and gearing up for another awesome 100 days. This is going to be our year for major improvements!! I can feel it. <3B)

So, hubby was so proud to see me in the shirt he bought me and that sure did make me feel good. The pants I bought were too big. I never considered that I might need to try on a size 14 but that is exactly what I needed. So, we returned the 16's and I bought two new pairs in a size 14!! I haven't been in a 14 since I was 14! :D The pants are the Kohls Amanda trousers and are roomier than other pants but who cares. The are a size 14!!! :DB)<3

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I'm glad to hear that you are up and around. That's too bad it flared up your asthma. :( Do take care. Perfect plan components definitely include tracking and some sort of occasional exercise and lots of veggies and healthy proteins (and now, fats). I decided I'm going to do intermittent fasting with keto combined. I'm starting with intermittent fasting and adding keto in later (in 2 weeks).

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for letting me know about Dr. Berry, I will try to check him out. I decided to go with intermittent fasting and keto combined. I am starting out with intermittent fasting and in two weeks, will add in keto. That was the advice of a book I read last night. Right now, it's day one and I'm drinking my black coffee and it isn't too bad. I'm just worried about not eating until noon. :/ I may not last until noon. I hope I can! My stomach feels better, I don't think I'm getting an ulcer. I think I just had a bad stomachache. Congrats on fitting into a size 14, that is amaaaaaazing!!!

@cbabie and @TrishasTime Hello miss you gals!

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - I have not come across that saying yet - but I will do an early adoption. If it was a lolly n my hand, I wold have eaten it on the way down to protect it (LOL)

@prisoner2food - So glad to hear from you and that you are on the road to recovery. I had the same issue with my work and yes the doctor wrote what I dictated and I paid for it too

@teresaw2010 - shame about the party - what dear DH say about the top (well done and a great NSV). Your dinner sounds really nice. I am really pleased for that you have found a plan that suits you

@its_cleo - Finding someone that supports you and truly understands you is wonderful and it is well worth a pause in your eating plan :)

@gemwolf110 - Congrats on your 5 pounds - well done - have you found a leader that you like yet?

@trooworld - My goodness - strep throat, I am so glad it was no that - sorry you are still battling healthwise.

My little caravan trip was very relaxing and I managed to read a whole book(I am into Kathy Reichs, Patricia Cornwell, Jonathon Kellerman etc). Today I am going back to work part time. I

Catch you all tomorrow

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime My throat is pretty much better now. How are you feeling? I hope your first day of work goes well! :)

Hello all. My first day of intermittent fasting went better than expected. I thought I might be grouchy from the hunger but I made sure and drank enough water to not be that hungry. I'm drinking black coffee as I type this. That's a first. I'm usually loading my coffee up with sugar-free creamer. Yesterday was the first day I ended the day under my calorie goal in quite some time. It was also the first day I tracked my food in weeks. Woo hoo!!! I did not sleep well last night, I only slept for about 1 1/2 hours, I was stressed about something. I'm going to see if I can go home early today to rest as I have a mini-headache that is sure to bloom into a full-blown one.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I've been MIA. I'm still realky struggling with my motivation, though I am back on track the last couple days.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I'm glad you found a meeting that you liked. Just curious, what didn't you like about the Monday night meeting.

@its_cleo I understand completely, I struggled through the last 2 weeks of March and then got sick April 1 and still haven't made a full recovery. Start small. Find success in the smallest action you can and then build from there. I was reminded of one of the assignments in my 100 day challenge. Day 41 was Motivation is a choice, so I went back just now and reread my journal for that day. One of the questions was what has kept me motivated for the last 40 days. I'm so glad I wrote that down as now I can use these same things to get me restarted again on my next 100 day challenge. So what helped you get through the past 3 months? Sometimes we just get burnt out on what we are doing and need to change it up a bit. I'm trying to remember that this journey is not a SHOULD or a HAVE TO but a WANT TO. And it will never be over which can be very daunting. So all we have is today. What actions can I do today that will keep me healthy.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 When I hear the name Ken Berry, I think about the actor who starred in Mayberry, RFD and the Andy Griffith Show. That shows you how old I am. lol Woohoo on the Size 14. That's better than a number on the scale I think. I don't remember if I took my measurements or not at the beginning of the 100 day challenge. I'll check. I'm still up from day 90 weight but I'm giving it the ole college try these last few days. Mainly in food choices as I can't get my body to cooperate with exercise. Just when I think I'm better and do 15 min, then I revert. So I get whatever I get and I do know that it's better than I did in the first 100 days of 2018. I'm going to start my next 100 days on April 16. Part of my preplanned maintenance breaks. I'm going to use a chart on my maintenance days too with the stickers just to keep the habit going. Everything will remain the same except maybe 100-200 extra calories per day. I don't really know, thus the experiment of maintenance begins.

@trooworld So glad you were successful on your IF plan for the day. Plus you tracked. Good for you.

@TrishasTime How was your first day back at work? I love Patricia Cornwell books but haven't read any for a while. I'm glad your caravan trip was relaxing. You certainly deserve it. The good thing about going back to work is that you can get back into a normal routine. Are you still doing your journaling? I think of all the days, I'm preferring the last 10 the most. Can't wait to see what her next book assignments are.

@gemwolf110 You look like you are making good food choices. Keep it up
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Have just signed up for a year at Weight Watchers, but am frustrated by the whole system. It just doesn't make sense to me, like I can do many hours of exercise, and they discourage eating points back? chicken is zero points? plus I keep burning through my daily points, and using like a third of my daily points on milk in drinks/liquids, whereas when I was calorie counting, I could easily burn off the calories I ate through breakfast and any liquids I had and not suddenly feel out of control.

I am considering signing up for premium here and arranging my macros to my liking, but keep going to Weight Watchers for motivation, recipes and general tips. I have found it good that they are the only ones that weigh me, but I don't like explaining why I gained that week, because I haven't found the motivation/discipline to follow the program properly yet.

I think Weight Watchers works, just not for me. Calorie counting seems like a better fit for me, but doing Weight Watchers encouraged me to make healthier choices than I was making previously.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Well, keep it up, it's working!!! Congrats again! :)

@its_cleo I'm glad you are back. Take it one bite at a time if you need to, that's what I try to remember when I'm struggling. Sometimes it helps.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! Now to be consistent...that's always been my challenge. How are you feeling now?

@cbabie Hello my sweet lady.

Day two of tracking in the books. Under my calories again.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning! :)

@its_cleo, motivation is such a moving target. Yesterday, I was doing so well and then went into my office where there was this huge bag of Tootsie Rolls sitting on my desk!! :o I had like six of them before catching myself and walking out of the room. I will be happy when this Easter egg hunt is over!! I'm trying to stick to the fact that I've made a commitment to myself to live a healthier life and knowing that my motivation is a fickled friend just means I have to dig a little deeper. You got this!! <3

@theslightedgeforever, I took my measurements this morning and have lost 4 inches overall. Not a lot but it did get me in a size 14! B) Andy Griffith Show is the best!! My children's pastor watches it on YouTube whenever she gets overly stressed out. She says that Mayberry is her happy place. How is your sister? We miss her around here. <3

@cyaneverfat, welcome!! :) I've been a WW member for over two years and I agree with you that it is a good program and it really helped me to learn to eat healthily and be accountable to my weight loss. But the zero point foods can be a problem and that is why I started counting calories last July. Now I'm tweaking it again and doing intermittent fasting and low carb eating. Losing weight is hard and we just have to keep at it until we find what works for us. If you workout out a lot then I wouldn't worry about eating back some of your Fitpoints. If I eat all my weeklies and some of my Fitpoints, is when I lose the best.

I just finished making my new 100-day challenge chart that will go up on the fridge. I made it bigger so I can record my weight and add a note if needed. Today, I need to pack for my conference. I leave early tomorrow morning and will be back late Friday night. I'll check in with you all on Saturday. Be good and stick to your plan. Me...I'll be eating Southen comfort food at a buffet!! :o:p

58uq9m922r1i.png
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I don't know what got me through the first three months. Sometimes something just clicks in me.

I am off track again yesterday and today. Just too many sweets. So of it may be I feel stressed and overworked at my job, it's been building for a month maybe. So I have next week off. In the meantime I'm just taking it a meal at a time. My only goal is to keep tracking, so not so much a goal to reduce calories or anything .

I'll give it a week and see how I feel.

@trooworld thanks. One bite at a time- I like that. I was trying to think one meal at a time but a bite is even better.

@TeresaW1020 thanks so much. I like your chart! Maybe when I get started again I should try something like that.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @TrishasTime hey that's great you're going back to work part time! I used to love reading. When I was a kid I would read 5 books at a time. I would take turns a chapter in each. I don't read as much anymore unfortunately. The last great book I read was one by Maeve Binchy.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cyaneverfat. Welcome to the group. The day will come when you can change your username to cyaneverhealthy. You’ve already started the process by acknowledging what doesn’t work for you and what does. I can’t lose weight consistently on keto but I have some friends that love it. So I’ve learned to do what works for me which is basically just eat what I want in controlled portions and move my body on most days of the week.

@trooworld My energy levels are slow to come back but I’m working on it. Yaay for you for another successful day.

@TeresaW1020 4 inches is awesome. I forgot to measure. I’ll have to go do that. I did find my starting measurements. I like your new chart. Enjoy your conference and the yummy food. Southern food is the best. I’m going to start my new 100 days on the 16th. Now to learn to maintain these 5 days I have off. I went anal with my data today to see what my calories in/out averaged to and how that correlated to my weight loss/gain. So I think I know where to start. @cbabie has a lot on her plate right now but she’s thinking about us.

@gemwolf110 yeah I had a leader like that once. All she seemed to do was talk about her eye surgery and other problems she was having. I wasn’t paying money for that.

@its_cleo You talked about something clicking....I call it my switch gets turned off or on. I would never know why it gets shut off. Still don’t. But with motivation being a choice, I can manually flip back on the switch. I don’t really need to spend time figuring out why just take small action steps that get me moving again. (I used to spend loads of time thinking about it, reading about it) For me that starts with 15 min of walking around outside I put on music or a podcast and just walk. Nothing earth shattering. Instead of eating 2 brownies eat 1. Or if you eat 1, eat half but still eat the brownie. Eventually the calories come back down and then you notice you aren’t over your boundary and then the scale kicks in and starts moving again in the right direction and that helps with the motivation to keep going. In the past I just wanted to follow my program 100% and I wasn’t very good at consistency. Now if I follow it 80% I’m good and I’ve lost more so far this year than I did in 2018. It’s the habits that I’m forming is what is working for me. You’ll get back to where you want to be. Since stress at work isn’t going anywhere you need to figure out how to go around that wall.

100 day weighin and I gained 0.8 But I finished my 100 day challenge and ended up with 11.1 lbs gone. 🎉 🎈 🎊

I’ll do 2 more challenges this year and spend the other 65 days learning how to keep from gaining it back.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cyaneverfat Hello and welcome! I must have posted my post right when you posted yours lol. :)

@its_cleo For me, motivation ebbs and flows and I just have to ride it hard when it comes. Taking it one bite at a time helps a little.

@theslightedgeforever I'm glad you are slowly getting back to yourself. Congratulations on finishing the 100 day challenge and wow, losing 11.1 lbs, incredible!!!

@TeresaW1020 When is your conference? It must be soon. Southern food IS the best! My favorite is tomato pie (I make it at home sometimes when I'm feeling naughty) ;)

Hi all. Another day within my calorie range and tracked in the books. I'm drinking a lot a LOT of water. Have a good day.

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld what is tomato pie? Other than the obvious 😉 I might need to go look at Pinterest. You’re bound to lose weight with all that water and not eating at certain times. I did two 15 min exercise stints so I’m feeling a bit better. It’s just the energy levels and my head is so heavy

Today was my first non challenge day. I wanted to go Wheeeeeee I’m free and I can do what I want. Then my adult brain kicked in and said you do what you want anyway you are choosing healthy actions. Remember? So for the most part I chose healthy actions but still went over. I went out for dinner with friends. We all buddied up and shared and I had 1/2 c soup one c salad and 1/2 dessert.

I went over food boundary. Exercised 30 min. Water goal not met.

Onto Day 2 of Learning How to Maintain
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Oh lord, you are missing out you deprived child! You've never had tomato pie! lol My favorite recipe is no longer available online but here is a link to a similar recipe with a photo of tomato pie: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tomato_pie/ Basically, it has a pie crust on the bottom, and it has onions, tomatoes, a little basil, lots of cheese and a little mayo. mmmmmmm! Do go look at Pinterest and drool! ;) As far as losing weight, up until today, I have been gaining weight even though I've been under my calories. My body needs time to adjust to this eating pattern, I think. I've read this can happen. It may take up to two weeks for the adjustment. Today, I maintained. I call that a win! You must be feeling better if you can exercise, so that is good. It sucks to be sick! So, does this mean you are done losing weight, or just taking a break from weight loss?

Hi all! I had a terrible day yesterday. It was stressful at work, and then I came out to a flat tire. :( I had to wait around for emergency services to come to help me and I didn't get home until 7:30. Now, I'm going to be late getting to work because I need to get all new tires (they are all balding). This week has been so very long. I'm glad it's Friday! Despite the stress, I did not eat anything unplanned, and I ended the day under my calories.

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    GM everyone

This week has been hard. I struggled more than I thought I would and came home most days to sleep. Excluding the days that I had to go to the occupational therapist. Both ankle and wrist throb at night keeping me awake - but moving on

@theslightedgeforever - woohoo - 100 days done and a loss. I am glad your adult brain spoke to you after your naughtly child said wheeeeeeeeee. (lol). I too have never had tomato pie - not in a hurry to either

@TeresaW2010 - Lovely - size 14 what a wonderful NSV that is. Hope you have fun at your conferance.

@trooworld - Sorry to hear that you had a hard week. Hope the tyres did not put a big dent into your plans for July.

@its_cleo - I completely understand that sometimes things just click in your head. I am too struggling with motivation at the moment. I am having a break from my journalling as at the moment it all seems to much when I get home. it is a deliberate decision that I have made so I do not go completely under.

@cyaneverfat - welcome. I agree with you re weight watcher - it is kinda against the saying "nothing is free in life" I personally like to know what the energy value of items I am putting into my mouth

Take care everyone

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime Sorry to hear you had a rough week. :( Does it help to ice your ankle and wrist? I hope your pain is less next work week. re: my week...thanks! It should be better next week. It was just situational stress. The tires won't dent our plans too bad. And, we are actually moving up our plans and starting to look at the end of this month! :D Exciting!!!

Where is everyone??? Come out, come out, come out and plaaaaaaay!!!

Hello everyone. I feel like I'm talking to myself. I had an excellent day yesterday and the scale is finally cooperating, I'm down from the past few days but still up from last week. I'm going to dabble in Keto this next week, adding it to Intermittent Fasting. We'll see how it goes.

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld the tomato pie sounds good. I still have 54 lbs to lose overall. I’m just trying to stay in a maintenance range with the weight I lost in the first 100 days. I have 65 days to play with each year that I won’t be doing a 100 day challenge and I’m using 5 of those between the 1st and 2nd challenge. It gives me practice days to figuring this whole thing out for when I finally hit my ultimate goal. Kudos to you for not eating under stress. It feels good when the scale starts moving downward.

@TrishasTime so sorry to hear the first week was rough. Plus you probably didn’t get good sleep with all that aching. It will get better over time. Motivation is a choice, remember? So what if you were to choose to just maintain and stay where you are and not go backwards during this time of healing. Only staying in a maintenance range or forward movement is allowed. So figure out the smallest things you could do to either stay idle or move forward. Things that don’t take a lot of effort. Then when you are feeling better you can add in a bit more effort until your weight loss progress starts moving forward again.

After going over two days, I finally stayed within my food boundaries. No exercise though today. weekends seem to be hard for me. I need a better plan on Saturday.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning!! :)

@TrishasTime, so sorry that you have been in pain since returning to work. I hope you start feeling better very soon!! <3

@theslightedgeforever, I love that you're learning to maintain right now! That is more important than losing weight because if we don't learn to maintain then we will forever be losing. And aren't we sick of that rollercoaster! :#

@trooworld, I'm so happy that IF is starting to work for you and I can't wait to see how you do on a Keto diet. Do you plan to track your carbs? I'm thinking about doing that next week and see if I can really jump start something. Post your menu for me! ;)

Well, I had a wonderful time at my conference. It was about an hour north of me and the conference center sits on a beautiful lake. The azaleas and dogwoods are blooming and it was gorgeous! I attended some great workshops and especially loved the guy who did Facebook and other online tools workshops. I have lots of great stuff that I want to start implementing for our church. I met some nice ladies but I kind of felt like an outsider. Many of the ladies have been church secretaries for years and years and don't work for their church. Or they work as admins for Baptist associations that are across the state. I didn't meet anyone who actually worked for the church they attend. I don't know if that makes me weird or special but I love working for my church so whatever! :D

The most fun part of my weekend was that I won the grand door prize! I couldn't believe it and jumped up yelling, "That's me!!" I won a gift basket full of goodies plus a two-night stay at the conferences penthouse suite and a $50 gift certificate to a restaurant in town. I have until the end of the year to use it so we are thinking about going in November. The fall foliage should be as beautiful as the spring flowers. :)

OK, now to the bad news! I totally blew my diet!! I ate so much crap and went off the deep end with the candy that was just about everywhere I looked. I came home with a 5 lb. gain and felt so yucky. After doing IF for 48 days and not eating very many unhealthy carbs, my body wasn't happy with me. So back on the plan for me! It's not so much the weight gain, which will come off that makes me so mad. It's my behavior that went totally out of control. I'm really going to work on that before I travel to Florida next month. :/