goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    ONE.

I have three.

Love this :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I would want two but I like how my life is with only one. So I don't know, I'm torn! I think about it almost everyday :(
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Lastly, I wouldn't want kids because I would hate to put them out in the world as it is today. Things are getting harder, kids often see no future for themselves, they are forced to grow up too fast, often regardless of how they are brought up because of outside influences. Why would I want to put someone I love through that? Just my opinion.

Totally agree with you on this one - also I think of how damned hard it was going through school, I could not bear to put anyone through all that - all the bullying, teasing, not fitting in. Horrible - I could go on!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think if I don't at least try to have children, I'll eventually regret it. I'm incredibly broody at the moment! I'm already 33 and can't really safely leave it much longer.

When I think about the relationship I had and have with my sister, I can't imagine intentionally depriving a person of having the joy and support of a sibling, so it would definitely need to be 2. My husband wants 3, but financially (and house space), I just don't see how we can do that, plus I think 3 would push me older than I'd like to be for the third.

EDIT: apparently the pattern in my husband's family means we're expected to produce ginger twins....
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids and 4 stepkids.....That is enough :)

are you a glutten for punishment? lol
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Do husbands count? :devil:
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    0 !!!!

Zero, zip, nada.....

Dogs are cool, though.

Totally agree :wink:
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    0 !!!!

Zero, zip, nada.....

Dogs are cool, though.

Totally agree :wink:

me too!
  • jaelwoman
    Options
    Well, 4 was a good number for me...but I just got granted custody of my sister's 5 kids, so I'm going with 9!! Crazy household but I'm loving it. 6 boys, 3 girls which includes a set of triplets!!! We're busy around here that's for sure!
  • ErikaS321
    ErikaS321 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 4 but I think as many as you can handle, money can't buy the fun you will have with all your brothers, sisters and cousins
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have 2, one boy, one girl, I am on my own and there is no way I would risk ended up on my own with more. 2 will do me.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have one and that's perfect for me :)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

I currently have two.

I'd like one more and then that's all she wrote. But..........I'm getting old.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I have two daughters and would love to have two or three more!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    We have 2...a girl and a boy, and we stopped...didn't want to be outnumbered!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Two. Specifically, a boy and a girl would be perfect! I have a boy now and the plan is a girl next time. Of course I have no control over that so I may have 3 but no more than that.

Since I'm single and have put way too much thought into this, it will also depend on who I marry and if they have any already.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    3 turned out to be perfect. I have 3 girls. 29, 27 and 17. The youngest leaves for college in a couple of days.

I'm done having kids and my parole officer says I have to stop inviting HS girls into my home.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Two. Specifically, a boy and a girl would be perfect! I have a boy now and the plan is a girl next time. Of course I have no control over that so I may have 3 but no more than that.

Since I'm single and have put way too much thought into this, it will also depend on who I marry and if they have any already.

You plan on a girl next time, huh? Can't wait to see how your plan pans out. I had 2 girls already, wanted a boy, and got Holland.

Life is what happens while you're making plans.

Oh, and, by the way, I make girls. Only Girls. Just saying...If I can help out in any way.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

You plan on a girl next time, huh? Can't wait to see how your plan pans out. I had 2 girls already, wanted a boy, and got Holland.

Life is what happens while you're making plans.

Oh, and, by the way, I make girls. Only Girls. Just saying...If I can help out in any way.

I may take you up on that in a couple years RoadDog :)
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    zero. Not a fan of kids for more then 3 hours. Everybody always says, "When they are yours it will be different." I always say, "I'm not taking that chance for 18 years if it's not" I know kids are kids for life, but you can legally kick them out at 18. hahaha

Good thinking! I don't know why anyone who isn't sure would ever have kids. Its not like buying a new car you can get rid of when you realize you wanted an SUV.

I have two, 12 more years and we will gently boot the last one out (all the while making it look like his idea) and then I think I will go hike through Europe.