August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,444 Member
    Options
    Great job on your monthly mileage PB @quilteryoyo!

Yes @AlphaHowls I hope your dental work goes smoothly too. My wife is having a root canal on Tuesday 🤐
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    FYI - Someone needs to add this thread to the current/past challenges thread since I can not post there.

Congrats @quilteryoyo
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hmm...wrong thread! 😆
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

@kgirlhart I agree with Hal today, you executed your run perfectly.

Nice running @rheddmobile . Getting in 4 miles in those conditions is fantastic. I think I know which butterfly you are talking about. Is it a Spicebush Swallowtail?
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Distance Log:
    Aug 2: 4.17 miles

Talked to Garmin again and they're sending me a new module, so that should fix things! I downloaded Runkeeper and gave that a try today. It was nice to have mid-run feedback about pace etc. I know with some trackers there's a way to do that too, but I think mine is basic enough it doesn't do that. Or I'm technologically challenged - also a very valid option! :D

I really don't have a good sense for when shoes should be replaced but I'm thinking I might need new ones. My feet are definitely not shaped the same as they were when I was heavier! My oldest son also could use some dedicated shoes for cross country rather than just wearing his everyday play shoes, so we might actually...go to a running store, which will be a new experience for both of us! I tend to be very wary of being suckered into buying unnecessarily expensive things, but I also just don't know a lot about shoes. But I guess since I plan on doing this for the long haul, I best get comfortable!
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I hope the implant goes well and that you are let off jury duty. I've only had to go once. That was enough for me.

@skippygirlsmom where did you go in Florida? I grew up down there. Nice score on the bike!

@pfeiferlindsey 90 miles is still amazing! Good luck with hitting 100 this month!

@polskagirl01 nice job getting those kiddos running with you. I was a camp counselor in college and loved it! I taught kids how to ride horses.

@Avidkeo what is net ball?

@RunsOnEspresso Your goal is inspiring! I can't wait to see how you do this month!

@rheddmobile that hike was super hot! It's been blazing here this past week. I have come to appreciate the treadmill