August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @skippygirlsmom ! I grew up eating pinto bean and cornbread almost every day. It's what we could afford. Now, it's my comfort food. Interesting about the World Records. I love the answer you give when called for jury duty.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Wow @quilteryoyo I honestly can't imagine trying to run in Zone 1. Just running in Zone 2 requires a fair amount of walking. I did a brisk, hilly walk today, 3.76 miles in 64 minutes with 521 feet of elevation gain, and I spent most of that in Zone 1! (48% Z1, 22% Z2, 17% Z3 and even 4% Z4). And that was ALL walking, no running at all!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning I'm glad it isn't just me. If the plan calls for Zone 1, I try my best to keep it out of Zone 3, at least. There was a fair amount of walking going on for me today. A fast, hilly walk gets my HR up there too.

Glad you had a break in the heat @rheddmobile !

@sweetdaisy13 I'm sure you will do fine on race day. Sorry about your sick family member. Juggling everything is hard to do. I hope you do get in a couple of good days.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    August Goal: 100 Miles

8/1: 6.50 miles
    8/3: 5.16 miles

11.66/100  miles completed for August

Today's plan called for 3 miles in 30 minutes at 10:06 min/mi. I  decided that I would run what Hal said and then walk to get my steps in for my Run the Year challenge since I am including everything. It was so nice this morning.  It was cooler and not as humid as it has been.  It was the kind of weather you hardly ever get in Texas in August. I ran 3.1 miles (so I could have a 5K) in 32 minutes at a 10:11 min/mi pace. Then I stopped my watch and set it to walk. I walked about half a mile but it was so nice I couldn't do it and I ended up running another 1.5 miles so I ended up with 5 miles today. But I took that last 1.5 at a very slow pace. And I didn't tell Hal about it. 😁
    That made me snicker. Great running and glad you had such nice conditions.

@ContraryMaryMary What great places to run! Love the views.

Nice @penguinmama87 . Love that the deer were checking in.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    Great pictures @ContraryMaryMary! Good luck on the house sale.
    Wow @martaindale that is a BIG hill. 🤯 You will for sure get strong if that is part of your regular route.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    That's certainly an impressive hill @martaindale - you'll be so strong!