NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    @trooworld nwver stick to the plan. lol. Depends on the weather and I’m feeling. July was way to hot to do anything. I try to track but the cell service is way to crappy down there to load mfp and WW.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    edited August 2021
    @trooworld I'm glad you are liking your boxing class. A fun way to burn some calories.At the restaurant, all tables had a pitcher of water and glasses. So I was just refilling myself cause I was hungry it took so long for them to take my order. Yaaay for you and your water. I will be working on that. Your meal looked good. Keep thinking positive thoughts on your boxing class after work. Think, I've got great energy for this class. I can feel the energy moving through each punch. I learned this past week that I can get through hunger and being pushed than I normally would. Was it hard, yes, but I did it. Yaaay saying no to the vending machine.

@teresaw1020 Hooray on your workouts and your whoosh. Compliments are the best. A reward for all your hard work. In the trains, ferries, and airports mask was mandated but I wear it as a safety measure even though I'm vaccinated. I don't want to get sick again. Been there done that. I took the vaccine knowing that I could get infected but it would supposedly lessen my symptoms. So I wear a mask like a condom being with a girl on the pill. Double protection. :D How is your new eating plan for August?

@renaegry July is over and now you can work on your plan. You've done it before. The busy school year will be upon you and you seem to do best at that time.

@shatszi Welcome to the group I was on WW until I became prediabetic and then had to start counting carbs according to my doc. I tried awhile back to do WW blue and my carb cycling but it became too tedious. But we are all about the support here no matter what plan people follow.

@gemwolf110 How's the eating this week? What are you going to be doing these last days of summer?

@cbabie Stay out of the junk! Do you have healthy snacks on hand to eat if you feel the urge?

151/164 Yellow
    no exercise
    25% water

I lost 0.2 while on my little trip. I'm back in MN now. So that's 0.4 while I've been on vacation. Now to make it through another week of making good choices. Heading off to take a walk with hubby now.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited August 2021
    @trooworld First off that salmon dinner looks amazing!! I adore salmon and don’t eat it near enough. Kick butt in boxing class. :grin:

@renaegry You will have a great August! Just get back on track and put the beer down! :grin:

@Shatszi Welcome to our little corner of MFP! Not all of us are doing WW but we are all working toward our health goals and are very good at supporting each other in our journeys.

@theslightedgeforever I posted the same time you did! I understand wearing the mask for double protection and totally support your choice to do so. I just want to be supported if I choose not to. ;) I am doing great with my eating this month. I am tracking like it's my job, which is time-consuming but doable. I use Carb Manager and their recipe maker is great, so I pre-track, make dinner, actually weigh every ingredient, and then retweak the recipe as needed and according to how much I ate. If it works to keep the scale going down then it's worth it to me. :) How awesome that you lost weight while on vacation. That has to make you feel amazing!

Hi everyone! I am worn out today. I realized when I was doing my intense leg workout this morning with weights that I’ve either workout out or clean the church every day for 9 straight days. I am going to try to push through and I’ll take Sunday off. It’s in the low 70s here today, which is incredible for August! So, I got out and cleaned the screened porch and deadheaded all the flowers. DH is cleaning the front porch where little birds have decided to use as their bathroom while they perch on top of our porch columns. So, we ordered these bird b gone spikes to glue to the columns, and hopefully, they will find a new place to hang out. :#
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    @trooworld I'm glad you are liking your boxing class. A fun way to burn some calories.At the restaurant, all tables had a pitcher of water and glasses. So I was just refilling myself cause I was hungry it took so long for them to take my order. Yaaay for you and your water. I will be working on that. Your meal looked good. Keep thinking positive thoughts on your boxing class after work. Think, I've got great energy for this class. I can feel the energy moving through each punch. I learned this past week that I can get through hunger and being pushed than I normally would. Was it hard, yes, but I did it. Yaaay saying no to the vending machine.

@teresaw1020 Hooray on your workouts and your whoosh. Compliments are the best. A reward for all your hard work. In the trains, ferries, and airports mask was mandated but I wear it as a safety measure even though I'm vaccinated. I don't want to get sick again. Been there done that. I took the vaccine knowing that I could get infected but it would supposedly lessen my symptoms. So I wear a mask like a condom being with a girl on the pill. Double protection. :D How is your new eating plan for August?

@renaegry July is over and now you can work on your plan. You've done it before. The busy school year will be upon you and you seem to do best at that time.

@shatszi Welcome to the group I was on WW until I became prediabetic and then had to start counting carbs according to my doc. I tried awhile back to do WW blue and my carb cycling but it became too tedious. But we are all about the support here no matter what plan people follow.

@gemwolf110 How's the eating this week? What are you going to be doing these last days of summer?

@cbabie Stay out of the junk! Do you have healthy snacks on hand to eat if you feel the urge?

151/164 Yellow
    no exercise
    25% water

I lost 0.2 while on my little trip. I'm back in MN now. So that's 0.4 while I've been on vacation. Now to make it through another week of making good choices. Heading off to take a walk with hubby now.

Eating is okay could be better. I’m hoping to get some walking in with the pups. It’s finally not so hot for them. And not raining every weekend. Weather has been crazy. I got to see my friend and her twins yesterday. She had them last week and a group of us from the church all took a day to bring them a meal. Which she and her husband are so thankful as being a new parents to twins!

That’s awesome you lost!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @renaegry Can you take pictures of your food with your phone and track when you get back? Either that or track on paper, the old fashioned way lol. It's hard when it's hot and you don't want to do anything.

@theslightedgeforever Yes! That's great there was a pitcher of water on the table. I got over 100% again yesterday. The more I drink, the more I want. I made my boxing class, it felt great! That's great you lost during vacation...awesome! Keep it up!

@TeresaW1020 Salmon is delicious! That recipe was really good, too. Sounds like you deserve a break. Wow, nice weather.

Hi all. My "NO" muscle is getting stronger: I didn't eat anything from the vending machines or cafe again yesterday. I just need to make it through today and then I work from home the rest of the week. After I worked all day, I did go to boxing. I was a bit tired but I made it. When it came time to pair up in groups, this woman that was standing near me walked further away from me. I made the assumption that she didn't want to be paired with the overweight older lady. This may or may not have been true but it looked bad on her part. I gave it my all. I survived it. It was super hot and I was sweating like a glass of cold milk on a hot day. I like the weekend classes better as the guy that holds the weekday classes is tougher lol. He makes us run for a warm-up and last night, we ran and jumped in and out of hoops for a warm-up. It's going to get easier but it will take time to get to that point. I ate snacks at work so I wouldn't be hungry before my class. I didn't eat dinner because I ate the snacks.

Today, I leave work early for a possible root canal. I'm not looking forward to it and I hope they discover I don't need a root canal.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,560 Member
    Morning all, I have been MIA, I just didn't realize it had been so long..I had a couple of bad eating days...very emotional for some reason. I did go for a bike ride and then walked the block with baby girl. We had fun. She would say, watch out car coming..be careful LOL. She turns 3 on Monday. I was a little over in calories and fat yesterday, but all in all a good day.

@trooworld Congrats on NO and getting to boxing. Also I like the way you looked at the lady who walked away. It shows you are emotionally healthy!!! Great job. No I don't think DH can fix the TM, but I may have him look at it.
    I for sure miss it.

@theslightedgeforever Yes I am glad you are back and trying to "coach" me. LOL. Glad you have kept to your commitment while being on vacation.

@TeresaW1020 Yes the bands are a workout. I am glad I bought them. That stinks about a hacker....who would want to hack a church website LOL. Great job on the workout and commitment to protein and tracking!!!

@gemwolf110 I can't imagine having twins. Glad you got to see them and yes I know about hot to walk. Keep moving forward!!

@shatszi Welcome, so glad you found us. We are a group of people that are seeking good health. It doesn't matter the route, just the destination and goal is health. I think we all have been on WW and I got to goal a few years back. I am still struggling with a few lbs now and for me it's my emotional eating. So working on that. I believe you will get encouragement and support from this group. We also like to laugh!!! LOL.

cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Working our “NO” muscle is the hardest and most important muscle of all, so good for you for resisting the temptation. I can feel how proud of yourself you are which is so much better than caving in and feeling bad about yourself, right? I’m sorry that the woman didn’t want to pair up with you. She is a big jerk and you are awsomesauce, so there! :p Yikes, I hope you don’t have to have a root canal or worse and have your tooth removed, which was what happened to me last year.

@cbabie There you are! I was thinking about you and hoping all was well. Sorry that you had a couple of bad eating days. It happens so forgive and move on. Three-year old’s are the best!! They have so much stuff to talk about. :grin:

Hello! Today was pretty good and the weather was again just amazing. I spent time out on my porch just soaking it in. My cardio program today wasn’t working for me because I think I’m just tired out from all the weights and squats. So, I cut it short, did the squat challenge which was 25 sumo and 25 regular squats, and called it a day. Eating was good today and I hit my calorie and macro goals so yayy! In other news, I found out today that our bookkeeper wants to retire in January, which is much sooner than we had thought would happen. So, I will be taking her job along with my other two church jobs. I start training in September. I’m nervous because bookkeeping isn’t something I’ve ever done but I’m excited to learn. :grin:
  • renaegry
    @theslightedgeforever thanks. So far not the greatest start. Didn’t quite hit 10k steps yesterday. Busy sitting at my table working today. Had planned on a walk but it is so so Smokey here. Do plan on getting caught up on squat challenge thou

@TeresaW1020 that made me giggle about putting the beer down.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie It's good to "see" you! Awww, baby girl! So cute. Are you having a party for her? Thank you so much, I appreciate your encouragement! That's a bummer about the TM.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you very much. Yes, feeling proud is okay sometimes! Yeah that woman, too bad for her. I'm a hard worker and I encourage people so she missed out lol. Luckily, they think that the tooth is just healing from the crown and they aren't doing a root canal at this time. If the sensitivity comes back, then I will probably have to have a root canal. :( I'm glad you are having such good weather. Yay for porch time! And yay for hitting your macros. Oh gosh, you are going to be so busy! But it's good to learn new things.

Hi all. I didn't have to have a root canal after all but if the sensitivity flairs up again, I may have to have one. That's a relief! I had a lot of snacks yesterday, too many. Not from the cafe or vending machine, I stayed away from those places. Just healthy snacks I brought from home or ate at home once I got home. Tonight is boxing.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2021
    @teresaw1020 It sounds like you are having a good start to August. Yaaay on your tracking cause I know how much you hate it. I'm glad you found some time to relax on your porch. Plus listening to your body and said I'm done for the day.

@gemwolf110 Eating can always be better I think. Maybe that's just me. I strive for the balance of living life and trying to stay healthy. I can't imagine being parents to twins. Good luck to them.

@trooworld Yaaay on your NO muscle getting stronger. That's so important and most of the battle in this journey. No, I'm not going to eat that. No, I'm not going to skip my workout. That lady probably moved away from you because you looked like a badass and she knew she would lose.

@cbabie Yaaaay on your bike ride and moving your body. What is your favorite song that makes your body move? Either dance, walk, or just plain move your body even if it's just your finger. I was thinking about your emotional eating. First thing to do is recognize that you are in an emotional eating spiral. The moment you do put on the song and start moving. It can help distract you. It can lift your spirits. You might find that you put on the song earlier and earlier into the spiral. A good way to track this would be to write it in your notes so that you can count how many "food items" did you eat before you stopped and played the song. Just seeing that you are making progress is progress. Cause I know you are an all or nothing person. Let me rephrase that. You used to be an all or nothing person, now you are making changes.

I got my first shingles shot yesterday. Arm is sore but that's it so far.

143/164 Yellow
    No exercise
    25% water

I saw a little whoosh this morning. Down 1.8 lbs since I weighed on Tuesday. Delayed reaction I guess from all the walking and not eating I did in Washington state.
  • renaegry
    @trooworld happy to hear no root canel. Teeth issues are the worse.

@theslightedgeforever congrats on the “whoosh”

Today won’t be much happening. Have 2 days of squat challenge to do today and I’m all caught up. It’s still extremely Smokey here so there won’t be any walks today. Will get my steps in today cutting the grass after lunch. Next week will plan to be more active. Hopefully this smoke lifts by then. Walked to the store yesterday which was only 2 blocks away and by the time I got home my eyes were burning. Also will spend the day sitting getting book work done.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't do anything yesterday and ate a little too much comfort food last night. But as we say get up and shake the dust off our feet. I am seeing school buses out my window this morning. So I guess we are back in session.

@trooworld So glad you didn't have the root canal. Hopefully this will be the thing that works and endures. Enjoy the boxing tonight!!

@TeresaW1020 Oh I tell you, we are twins...every time a job came up at church or even at my 30 year job....I felt like the life cereal commercial..."give it to Mikey, he will like it". I hope you enjoy and learn quickly...but because I am me..I will also say remember balance. Just because someone needs to do it, doesn't always mean it's you. LOL
    Sounds like you are listening to your body.. great job.

@theslightedgeforever yea yea yea...I hear you. LOL. I will be more mindful to try to stop the spiral. LOL I just want to say..can life give me a break though? LOL. I hear my self say...if I overcome the emotional eating..then life will not be emotional...kind of like you want a baby so bad, cant get pregnant...you adopt...and guess what you are pregnant. LOL

@renaegry Sorry there is so much smoke..I hope the air clears soon. That can't be healthy. Enjoy your book work!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever LOL about the lady moving away...I like that! I'm glad you aren't experiencing bad effects from the shingles shot. Congrats on the whoosh!

@renaegry Thanks. And yes, they are the worst! My husband says I have million-dollar teeth because I always have problems. ;) That's too bad about the smoke. Are you going to the lake this weekend?

@cbabie Yes, we do. Make the next bite a healthy one, friend. I'm glad I didn't have to have one too.

Hi all. I went to boxing last night. It started off with a jogging session, which I hate but tolerated. I can't say it's getting easier yet but it will get easier and that's what I keep in mind as I'm gasping for breath while jogging lol. Below is some data about last night's class from the gym's app that hooks up to my Fitbit. I'm pretty proud that I give it my all and do not stop. Today, I'm working from home, and then it's my turn to make dinner: Better Than Takeout Sweet Thai Basil Chicken. Hopefully, it turns out well.

1qwu6ei5tqi9.jpg

• theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2021
    @renaegry Hooray for your walk to the store instead of taking the car. My glutes need a squat challenge but the knees say no. I'm almost done with my knee injury I had months ago. I have just a little pain when doing child's pose in yoga. Too bad about the smoke. I saw that Greece was on fire too. I hate to see nature burn. Plus all of the evacuations needed and loss of living space and danger for the animals.

@cbabie Yes you and Teresa are twins. I guess that makes her my other sister. I always wanted another one. Another brother too. ;) The more the merrier. Yes, you need a break but you won't find it in extra food. All you will get is a health problem and all the other life problems will still remain and it will just make it harder to deal with those if you don't feel good. So finish this sentence in your journal. If I overcame emotional eating and life wasn't emotional, I would have time to .....................

@trooworld Look at those numbers. Some serious calorie burning going on there. Look how much you have changed since we first started this group. You would always just post all the food that you were making and now you are posting exercise stats. You go girl!

156/164 Yellow
    Rest Day
    50% water
  • cbabie
    Morning all, again bike or walk. I did do some of the bands yesterday. I have a pinched nerve in my neck and the stretches felt so good...I did them until my arms said no more.LOL. Eating was ok, but could have done much better. Went over my fat and calories..

@theslightedgeforever That's a big question. I was just thinking or trying to remember a time I wasn't anxiety ridden. LOL. I know I have had those times and then I say...ok what is going to happen next..like my life can't be bland. :). That in itself is self sabotage and I am working on saying NO to that way of thinking.. Great job on the swoosh.. I think you like the child pose..cause inside your still a child and you like it!!! LOL

@trooworld WOW great job on the boxing...don't you love fitbit and looking at those numbers. I love seeing when I get in the "zone" world. Slightedgeforver is right...look at the change in you and your post. I believe your mindset has done a 360. Keep moving forward.
    Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @cbabie I couldn’t think of a better person to be my twin. <3 You are right that I need to remember balance. My back that I hurt yesterday is a good reminder that I have a tendency to overdo it. Using the bands to relieve your neck pain is a good idea.

@trooworld What a great burn you got from the boxing class! Just keep it up and it will get easier, which isn’t always a good thing. Because then you have to push yourself harder and then you have to wait again for it to become easier. It’s a vicious cycle but sure to give you some great results. :grin:

@theslightedgeforever And I always wanted another sister too! Especially one that is full of wise advice. ;)

Hey everyone! Well, I managed to hurt my back yesterday. :# We have this small room that we call the Awana closet that is filled with shelves of just about everything you can think of for children’s ministry. It hadn’t been cleaned out since before last Christmas and you could barely walk into the room. So, to help out my children’s director, I got in there after I cleaned the one building and spent over two hours cleaning and reorganizing. I think it was the 5 large trash bags that ended up hurting my back. I wanted to stay home today and clean tomorrow, but we have a piano recital with a member, so I sucked it up and got it done. Now, I plan to spend the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow getting myself to feel better. I am still planning to do my squat challenge, so I won’t get behind. In other news, I lost 1.4 lbs. this week. :grin:
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    @cbabie I couldn’t think of a better person to be my twin. <3 You are right that I need to remember balance. My back that I hurt yesterday is a good reminder that I have a tendency to overdo it. Using the bands to relieve your neck pain is a good idea.

@trooworld What a great burn you got from the boxing class! Just keep it up and it will get easier, which isn’t always a good thing. Because then you have to push yourself harder and then you have to wait again for it to become easier. It’s a vicious cycle but sure to give you some great results. :grin:

@theslightedgeforever And I always wanted another sister too! Especially one that is full of wise advice. ;)

Hey everyone! Well, I managed to hurt my back yesterday. :# We have this small room that we call the Awana closet that is filled with shelves of just about everything you can think of for children’s ministry. It hadn’t been cleaned out since before last Christmas and you could barely walk into the room. So, to help out my children’s director, I got in there after I cleaned the one building and spent over two hours cleaning and reorganizing. I think it was the 5 large trash bags that ended up hurting my back. I wanted to stay home today and clean tomorrow, but we have a piano recital with a member, so I sucked it up and got it done. Now, I plan to spend the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow getting myself to feel better. I am still planning to do my squat challenge, so I won’t get behind. In other news, I lost 1.4 lbs. this week. :grin:

Hope your back heals soon!
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you! That's true, I have changed a lot...CHANGE HAPPENS! I am living my motto!

@cbabie That's good you are using your bands. Are you glad you got them? I do love Fitbit and the data! I forgot to put my Fitbit on last night after charging it so I have no sleep data from last night...boo! Thanks!

@TeresaW1020 That's true. I hope I never get to the point that it is too easy. Oh no about your back! Take care of that and rest up. Congrats on the loss! Woot woot!

Hi all. Well, I jumped on the scale this morning and the scale said...up +4.8 lbs! I was so very disappointed. :( I know that the scale is just feedback and I need to just keep doing what I am doing but darnit, I can't believe that. I was heavy-handed with the snacks this week and I did have a salty dinner last night but give me a break! I'm so mad.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't really do much exercise..spent the day cleaning closets, etc. I did way better on food, made this and my DH loved it..

https://bettycrocker.com/recipes/skinny-mexican-ground-beef-and-noodles/97831093-86f7-4329-95a5-9983ed1f9df1

@trooworld So sorry the scale gave news that disappointed you, however, you said yourself you had a salty dinner and snacks, but also you did that workout..see what the scales say tomorrow. Sometimes things are always as they seem. :). I do like the bands and glad I got them.

@TeresaW1020 So sorry about your back, Backs are a tricky thing. I have a nerve in my shoulder that was better yesterday, but today can't turn my head to the left without pain. LOL Yes our bodies send us little reminders. (Thank goodness). Great job on the loss...congrats!!!!

Cbabie
  • Shatszi
    Shatszi Posts: 6 Member
    @cbabie - Thanks very much for the welcome!
    I, too, am an emotional eater; I have found myself sitting at the kitchen table in the wee hours of the night munching away. I have gotten better at it though and find myself munching less and less. Tracking really helps. Love laughing and often laugh at myself. Laughter is the best medicine they say. ☺️🙏🏻🌹

@trooworld - Finding this app less intuitive than WW but will get there. Thanks very much for the welcome! Glad that you didn’t have to have a root canal after all! 🙏🏻 😊🌹

@TeresaW1020 - Thanks very much for the support. Left WW as it became too pricey for me. The community was great though. Glad I found this little corner gem on MFP. Hope your back feels better soon! 🙏🏻😊🦋

@theslightedgeforever - I was on WW blue plan too. Lol. I find that I gravitate to carbs and am trying to cut down. So far I’m just tracking everything on here. Thanks very much! The support here is most welcomed! 🥰🙏🏻💞

@renaegry- thanks very much for the welcome. 🙏🏻 😊 🌻Hope the smoke is better where you are now.

@gemwolf110 - thanks very much for the welcome. 🙏🏻😊🌻

Hello everyone! Wishing you all a fabulous day! 😊❤️🦋