Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    HotHandzz wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    That all the lovely people above are being irked 🙂🤗

No irk here . Actually laffin my *kitten* off..

It's ok to vent your frustrations/irkedness. No need to put up a facade.

😂

See that ☝🏻, everyone? lx1x laughs in the face of irkendness and moves cheerfully along. Be like lx1x.

You’re not the boss of me!

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member

No irk here . Actually laffin my *kitten* off..

It's ok to vent your frustrations/irkedness. No need to put up a facade.

😂

See that ☝🏻, everyone? lx1x laughs in the face of irkendness and moves cheerfully along. Be like lx1x.

🥱
  • lx1x
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Being told to be like @lx1x irks me. I need to be my own person. I can’t just follow in my dad’s footsteps. 😒

Told ya that from start ... 😝
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    Being told to be like @lx1x irks me. I need to be my own person. I can’t just follow in my dad’s footsteps. 😒

You’re up late old man. You’re gonna be cranky in the morning.
  • lx1x

You’re up late old man. You’re gonna be cranky in the morning.

🤫
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    It irks me that I’ve been here 1175 days and no haters. Do I need to sign up somewhere? 😤

I know I got this charming, angelic, downright adorable thing going on... but does that mean I’m not worthy? 😭

Ya gotta step up your game! LOL!

I’m already sarcastic and mean. I dunno where else to go. 🤔 😂

Try honest personal opinions about something, that are clearly stated as a personal opinion. Or a fact about how life for you, a disabled person, can be difficult.
    Or even the concept that someone who is medically required to limit (or eat a lot of) a particular macro or mineral needs to “pay attention to” that particular thing when choosing what to consume.

That should bring them to your doorstep.

That’s awful. 😞 I prefer kidding and joking around with people. I don’t think I could handle actual nasty people. I’m sorry if you’ve dealt with that on here. ❤️

I seem to have ticked off many of the long term forum members with such basic statements as “Please don’t randomly ask people what their disability is. They will tell you if they want to. Otherwise it is none of your business.”

OMG. The HOW COULD I BE SO AWFUL!!
    🤣

I have upwards of 300 disagrees and I’ve been here less than two months.
    By next week I’m sure I’ll have 400 disagree reacts.

I find this astonishing given my post count, how long I've been here and the fact that I have 100 LESS disagrees than you.

For what it's worth, I have found nothing wrong or disagreeable about the experiences you've shared so far. The Debate forum though.. it's the wild west of disagrees, lol.

Thanks for saying this.

Ya. It’s bizarre to me also.

I don’t want to go against MFP rules with specifics of other forum posts or participants, but ya.

I was on SparkPeople for years. Off and on, sure. But I happily and easily participated in the forums there. Supported people on their journey. Corrected nutritional and diet misinformation. Had fun “walking to Rivendell” and such…. Never once did I experience what I have here. Mostly all in the last few weeks. And always from people who have been here a very long time, and are extremely active on the forums.

Not that everyone on the forums is like that. Most are cool. But that little handful are a trip. Definitely.

Now watch this comment get a dislike or three. 😂

Wow, people are something, to be sure. I've seen many posts that definitely deserve a disagree but I doubt that I've handed out more than a handful(maybe a hand and a half). You'd have to be a real whack job to get a disagree from me. However, as sweet, cheerful, wonderful and charming as I am, I've gotten 750 disagrees. :) So I'm shooting for 1000. Goals are what I aim for in life.
    Honestly, I think people like to stir up a hornet's nest, they have nothing better to do or contribute so they simply click, click, click along their merry way. I feel if anyone has something of substance to disagree with, then they ought to come out of hiding and make a discussion out of it instead of being silent.
    And if you think people don't do it just for fun(really?? There aren't more fun things out there to do??)then look at how many fruit cakes come and keep bumping zombie posts just for the helluvit. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    It irks me that I’ve been here 1175 days and no haters. Do I need to sign up somewhere? 😤

I know I got this charming, angelic, downright adorable thing going on... but does that mean I’m not worthy? 😭

Try honest personal opinions about something, that are clearly stated as a personal opinion. Or a fact about how life for you, a disabled person, can be difficult.
    Or even the concept that someone who is medically required to limit (or eat a lot of) a particular macro or mineral needs to “pay attention to” that particular thing when choosing what to consume.

That’s awful. 😞 I prefer kidding and joking around with people. I don’t think I could handle actual nasty people. I’m sorry if you’ve dealt with that on here. ❤️

I seem to have ticked off many of the long term forum members with such basic statements as “Please don’t randomly ask people what their disability is. They will tell you if they want to. Otherwise it is none of your business.”

🤣

I find this astonishing given my post count, how long I've been here and the fact that I have 100 LESS disagrees than you.

For what it's worth, I have found nothing wrong or disagreeable about the experiences you've shared so far. The Debate forum though.. it's the wild west of disagrees, lol.

Thanks for saying this.

I don’t want to go against MFP rules with specifics of other forum posts or participants, but ya.

I was on SparkPeople for years. Off and on, sure. But I happily and easily participated in the forums there. Supported people on their journey. Corrected nutritional and diet misinformation. Had fun “walking to Rivendell” and such…. Never once did I experience what I have here. Mostly all in the last few weeks. And always from people who have been here a very long time, and are extremely active on the forums.

Not that everyone on the forums is like that. Most are cool. But that little handful are a trip. Definitely.

And, just to illustrate my point: I had about 340 disagree reacts when I posted this comment 30 minutes ago. I now have over 400 disagree reacts. In 30 minutes.
    One was even on a comment I made about a family member’s memorial service that I attended Tuesday. A comment that had nothing controversial in it whatsoever.

One of the rules here is not to use the reactions inappropriately. Not that some people care about such things….

I mean seriously. Some people are just plain kittens. And that irks me.
    (See how I brought that back on topic?)

Oh. Hey. Thanks for one more disagree.

😂

Seems targeting women.. youre prolly the third one getting hit today .

Hah, that'll teach ya. They got you too. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    edited August 2021

What about the unlovely people? Is it okay to laugh and enjoy their irkedness.? :) Cause I do. Behind the safety of my screen. :)

{Hugs} Jo
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

What about the unlovely people? Is it okay to laugh and enjoy their irkedness.? :) Cause I do. Behind the safety of my screen. :)

{Hugs} Jo

Oh shush .. theres not an unlovely bone in your body 🤗🥰
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

And, just to illustrate my point: I had about 340 disagree reacts when I posted this comment 30 minutes ago. I now have over 400 disagree reacts. In 30 minutes.
    One was even on a comment I made about a family member’s memorial service that I attended Tuesday. A comment that had nothing controversial in it whatsoever.

One of the rules here is not to use the reactions inappropriately. Not that some people care about such things….

I mean seriously. Some people are just plain kittens. And that irks me.
    (See how I brought that back on topic?)

Oh. Hey. Thanks for one more disagree.

😂

Seems targeting women.. youre prolly the third one getting hit today .

Ah. Same old story.

Whoever hit the disagree react in my comment above removed it. So, that’s something, anyhow. 🤣

Yeah.. mod got that person . And now he's back

How do we report someone who is doing that kind of thing?

And is there any actual consequence of having a lot of disagrees on your forum profile?

Hit the three dots top right.. report

Consequences.. non really ..

Ah. Well. If there are no consequences for people who have a lot of disagree reacts, it’s probably just something I can just laugh at and move on to something else. After a reasonable level of being irked, of course.

Yup . 👍

He can disagree till his finger bleeds.. 😂

The best reaction, honestly...

I can't imagine wasting so much energy and time to such pettiness! Sounds exhausting.
  • KosmosKitten

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

Wow, people are something, to be sure. I've seen many posts that definitely deserve a disagree but I doubt that I've handed out more than a handful(maybe a hand and a half). You'd have to be a real whack job to get a disagree from me. However, as sweet, cheerful, wonderful and charming as I am, I've gotten 750 disagrees. :) So I'm shooting for 1000. Goals are what I aim for in life.
    Honestly, I think people like to stir up a hornet's nest, they have nothing better to do or contribute so they simply click, click, click along their merry way. I feel if anyone has something of substance to disagree with, then they ought to come out of hiding and make a discussion out of it instead of being silent.
    And if you think people don't do it just for fun(really?? There aren't more fun things out there to do??)then look at how many fruit cakes come and keep bumping zombie posts just for the helluvit. :(

How do you have more disagrees than me??? You're like.. THE NICEST PERSON HERE STILL.
  • ReenieHJ

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

How do you have more disagrees than me??? You're like.. THE NICEST PERSON HERE STILL.

What is it they say? You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time....but some will do anything for a disagree? IDK Maybe I dreamed it up. :)
  • KosmosKitten
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Generally, I try avoiding this thread because I like keeping it light but...

doxxing

Have you NOTHING better to do?

Granted, the majority of us are being luxuriously leisurely when posting here but then to flip that to the "dark side" connotes nothing but antisocialness. I'll pray for you but leave MFPers alone already.

"Luxuriously leisurely" = fantastic alliteration.
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Generally, I try avoiding this thread because I like keeping it light but...

doxxing

Have you NOTHING better to do?

Granted, the majority of us are being luxuriously leisurely when posting here but then to flip that to the "dark side" connotes nothing but antisocialness. I'll pray for you but leave MFPers alone already.

I love your posts, becasue you make me think, and use the thesaurus. (the book, not the dinosaur)