what is your ideal number of kids?

Options

Replies

• cmbradfield
    Options
    I wanted 2..a boy then a girl. We got 2 girls. We are stopping there!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    0 !!!!

Zero, zip, nada.....

Dogs are cool, though.

this
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I used to want 4. Then I had my first, and still wanted 4. Then I had my second, and the instant I held him after he was born I knew that we had enough. I'm not sure if it was because his birth was fairly traumatic, or if it's because I really feel like our family is complete -- all I know is, I'm not willing to get pregnant any more. If it happened, of course I'd be happy and love the baby and all that, but we're actively trying not to get pregnant now. I'm done.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    0 !!!!

Zero, zip, nada.....

Dogs are cool, though.
    ditto that!
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Zero:)
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    0 !!!!

Zero, zip, nada.....

Dogs are cool, though.
    ditto that!

double ditto that
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    None.. :laugh: Well ok that is on a hard day...

I thought 1 when I had 1.. then I thought 2 when we adopted another..
    now I think 3 as that is how many I have! Fact is if I had more naturally I'd be over the moon, I love my children and no matter how hard parenting is I'd never regret them.

I would say though that an odd number isn't for the best and the gap I have between mine is a bit too much, but competition happens in life and my children learn to cope with their feelings from being siblings 5 years apart.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have 3 girls. :) I'd love to have another 1, or even 2 (preferably more girls!), but DH wants to be done, and got 'the snip', so 3 is OUR ideal!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I would have loved to have 4. But ended up with 2... So now must wait for grandkids. :love:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would have loved to have 4. But ended up with 2... So now must wait for grandkids. :love:
    If they have any...me and my younger brother are both not planning on having any.
  • nikkiverdon
    Options
    I have a little girl who's turning two next Monday, and will be trying for a second on my Honeymoon this November! 2 Is enough for me, and I hope to have another girl as I'd love to give my first a baby sister :heart:
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I don't know if there is an ideal number. I do have 5 kids. If we could afford more and my poor body could take it I would have more though...I miss when they grow out of the baby stage and there is no one cuddling up to you anymore : ( There is nothing quite like the unspoiled true love of a child to make you feel loved and important. Ofcourse, then they get bigger and know everything and argue with you about everything, LOL! :laugh:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Once married I only wanted 1...I had that 1 and then there was the 2nd and now my life and family is complete with 3.

2 oldest are boys, the baby is a girl. All is well in my life.

Oh and the baby making is over....done....the end.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have one (although he is 21 this year!!)

Other than that no thanks..

With 3 horses, 3 cats and a dog, I've enough babies around to be minding for the next while!! Lol...
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was 2. But someone else had other plans it seems and we ended up with 3. 1 girl and 2 boys ages 8, 4 and 2. Wouldn't change it for the world now.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have 2... I wanted 3-4 kids until I had to have my first by c section. Then I had my 2nd the same way.. Then I said to hell with that and had my tubes tied when I was in my c section with my youngest lol. Like a PP said, the only kids that come in this house from now on will have 4 legs and fur.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Funny.....I always hoped for 5, and I've got 5. Four boys and a girl.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Ideal - 0

Current - 1

This time next year - 2

My husband loves kids and is happy to be a SAHD.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I never wanted kids when I was younger. That all changed with my first. I now have four boys... and there are a set of twins in there. I am the queen of my castle!!!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Zero. Love being able to do whatever we want at the drop of a hat.