4"11 ladies (very short and overqeight)

Options
I AM 4"11,VERY SHORT. I HATE THIS BECAUSE I LOOK HUGE BUT I AM ON A MISSION TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT. I KNOW IT WILL BE BUT I CAN DO IT. ANYONE ELSE THE SAME AS ME?

Replies

• fraanncciiss
    Options
    Hi! :)
    Yes! Trust me you are not alone! I am 5'1 and I feel like a whale haha :grumble:
  • NTK85
    NTK85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 5"0 and before trying to lose the weight I weighed 222lbs so ya I know what you're talking about, and now I am at 191 lol and I feel better but I still have a long way to go before I start feeling healthier.
  • katepolden
    Options
    I'm 5ft and find it tricky as a little weight gain = a lot of inches, or at least it seems to!!
    You're in the right place though we'll all be properly petitie in the end!
    K
  • laroja1110
    laroja1110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey..I'm a whole 5' tall and I totally understand. To top it off I'm naturally muscular so now I have fat over the already bulky muscle LOL Anyway, we will work together to drop these pounds!
  • ChelseaL618
    ChelseaL618 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm the giant of this group at 5'2'' LOL. Being so short is hard because 2 pounds gained for a short person looks like 10. The plus side, however, is that it works in reverse also. I lost 3 pounds recently and a ton of people noticed. Feel free to friend me. Chelsea
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I totally understand!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm the giant of this group at 5'2'' LOL.

Not anymore, hahaha :devil: ... I'm 5'3 & I totally agree with looking much bulky with just a little weight gain. Although I never reached the 90 kg/200 lb. mark but my HW of 75 kg/165 lbs. already gave me a waistline of 36 inches!!! Well now I'm at my normal weight but I still look somewhat big because I'm somewhere between hourglass-pear shaped (though I love it), medium framed & a bit muscular. So a little weight gain from here & there can mean a lot of inches. Anyway the process has never been easy but I'm sure you will make it to your goal, just don't rush things out. Feel free to add me & there we can help each other out.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    I am 4'10" and I have been here for 2 years. Just be honest and write everything you eat. My weight has been as high as 172 being pregnant and as low as 115lbs. I think 110 would be good for me. Losing a pound a week is slow but steady. If you need a friend just request me.:smile:

Gina
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 4'11 with large wide hips and large breast and when I started I was weighing close to 170 pds; for being short it's always made me look bulkier than I really am.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and Latina too. I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. My highest weight was 180ish (while preggo) and lowest ever has been 110. Currently, I am at 158 and want to get to 110 again. My ultimate goal is to fit into a size 2, whatever weight that might be.
  • sryan8408
    Options
    Don't worry there's a bunch of us on here. I claim 5'0 but I'm really 4'11 3/4inches lol. It sucks because not every diet works for us because of it being based off the average. Not every exercise is as easy for us because we have shorter strides but mtp has worked really well for me. You can do this.

It doesn't matter how much dog there is for the fight, it matters how much fight there is in the dog. And us short chicks have got more fight than anyone could ever know!
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    4 foot 10 here. I used to have a pal who was topping 6ft. We were both the same amount overweight but she looked nothing like I did. All the podge gets condensed in us shorties I reckon.
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Power to us shorties!! LOL

i'm 5 foot - at my highest i was 240 lbs, i'm now at 180. feel so much better! and am just now noticing differences - like my rolls aren't as prominent, i'm seeing bones in my feet and i see my clavicle in some pictures!

Don't worry - we're all here for support! as you can see there are plenty of us on here--- feel free to friend!!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and very overweight! :grumble: but that is why I'm here...feel free to add this hotness! :heart: :bigsmile:

I just want my swimmer body back :wink: I don't care about the scale:bigsmile:
  • LuckieSC
    Options
    I am also 4'11 or to some 5ft :-) and I am here to lose weight...my bottom half is my killer..
    If you like add me and whomever else..we are here to motivate...
  • alain0207
    alain0207 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    YES! I am 5' blank and is so terrible with the weight. I haven't been able to do as much as I can right now.
  • liveletl0ve
    Options
    Jeez finally a 4'11 group! this is me! what does everyone think a goal weight for this height group would be??
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' and started at 147 and am now 112. Any shorties add me if you like :happy:
  • preciousperez
    Options
    We should start a group for the short people.....what do you all suggest? Challenges?
  • zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Jeez finally a 4'11 group! this is me! what does everyone think a goal weight for this height group would be??

I think it depends on the person. I'm 4'11 and at my lowest adult weight I was 90lbs and it looked TERRIBLE on me, but it's within the "healthy" range for my height (albeit on the extreme low end). I look and feel my best when I'm between 110-115 and find I can maintain that weight with relative ease, but that might not be ideal for someone else. I currently have a few pounds to go before I'm back to my happy weight, but I've been muscle toning like crazy and so I think I need to adjust the weight expectations accordingly... I'm slimming down alright, but the scale is staying fixed on 118-120.

So, yeah... I think it's something that everyone has to decide for themselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!