What's Your Most Recent NSV
EyeOTS Posts: 362 MemberI accidently brought a medium work shirt instead of a large. I was able to wear it through my shift (though it was a little tight). A year ago I was a XXXL.
It was a great NSV and sets up goal (to make it not tight)30
I almost fell off my bike because my leggings are getting looser and the seat of them got caught on the bike seat while pedaling16
I took my wedding band off a year ago because it was cutting off circulation to my finger Now it's back on and comfortable!24
Standing up on my stationary bike for the first time for 5x15 second intervals of 78 resistance at around 60 cadence, 530 wattage. Brutal. The class crushed me. Such a good feeling.14
I put on a pair of (admittedly loose fitted) size 8 slacks this morning which then promptly fell off! When I started this journey I was a size 16. Time to buy some new clothes!31
Last night, when I put my hands on my hips - they just sort of slid down. And then I realized that my sides have lost fat. Didn't see that coming.23
wunderkindking wrote: »Y'all.
My boobs have shrunk sufficiently that not only can I find my size in every department store ever - I AM WEARING A CAMI with a SHELF BRA and it is sufficiently supportive.
being a big busted beauty myself, I can relate. Isn't it wonderful wearing a smaller bra!12
Got fed up with waiting for my kids this morning, and went out and spent twenty minutes weeding my monsoon-jungle yard. I didn't get done, but I *did* weed for the first time in years, and at least now my neighbors can see that I'm trying.
TL;DR I weeded and i didn't die!21
Weeding is a pain, so kudos to you!!4
I have a few:
1. The guy at the running shoe store filmed me running from behind so he could check my gait. I was wearing shorts, and I didn't hate the way I looked in the video. Related NSV--I was IN a RUNNINGSTORE buying real running shoes!
2. My medium size underwear is starting to feel saggy, so today I bought a pack of smalls. I haven't tried them on yet because I still can't believe I would actually need that size, but at least I bought them!
3. My body is starting to crave healthier food. Today after my workout, I was absolutely CRAVING a Chik-fil-A side salad and fruit cup. It wasn't until I was enjoying my snack that it occurred to me that I never even thought about getting waffle fries. I don't think that's ever happened before!
4. The size 8 skinny pants I bought LAST WEEK are already loose in the waist. Fortunately they still fit in the thighs well enough that I should be able to keep wearing them with a belt, but they definitely won't last the Winter. Good thing they were on sale!
Very few people have noticed the 50lbs that are missing, but today, I wore a shirt that I had put in the back of my closet because it was getting a little snug around the mid section. One of my co-workers said I looked homeless because my clothes are baggy and my pants look like they are falling off. I've put off buying new clothes, but maybe it's time?28
shadowloss wrote: »Very few people have noticed the 50lbs that are missing, but today, I wore a shirt that I had put in the back of my closet because it was getting a little snug around the mid section. One of my co-workers said I looked homeless because my clothes are baggy and my pants look like they are falling off. I've put off buying new clothes, but maybe it's time?
It's time!! You will visual the difference once you have some clothes that fit and others will notice too.16
I needed to wear a suit for the first time in quite a while due to Covid. I couldn’t find my “dress” belt and accidentally grabbed an old one. It wasn’t even close to fitting! Great feeling!20
Ran my fastest time in many years—16:38 for two miles, and mile 2 was 7:59 min mile. Haven’t run a sub 8 min mile in a very long time!!22
I dropped off my first pile of size 22 clothes at Goodwill this morning. As I gained weight on and off over the years, I was bound and determined that I'd never buy a size bigger than that even when they got tight. So that kept my weight somewhat in check. I can't wait until that becomes a size 12 or smaller. On the way...23
I went to the gym three times in the same week - twice before work!25
Got up the nerve to try on the size small underwear I bought yesterday, and it fits NOW!! My husband said I looked good in it. He also said I feel different when he hugs me.31
Size small! that's amazing! Well done!5
This may seem like I’m going backwards but, I got rid of clothes that are too small. Every time I looked in my closet, I’d beat myself up for gaining weight. I decided that, if I do lose weight, I’ll buy all new clothes! I’m really working on self care and part of that is getting rid of things that make me feel bad about myself. Like a closet full of clothes that are too small.31
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 386.3K Introduce Yourself
- 42.5K Getting Started
- 258.2K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.8K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.7K Fitness and Exercise
- 303 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.3K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152K Motivation and Support
- 7.3K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 1.9K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 496 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.4K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions