What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Dinner party at my place. Beef lok lak, Cambodian street corn, English summer pudding.
    knlclru3vgb6.jpeg
    cddjsyoqgqs0.jpeg
    zqefx0i4ydd4.jpg

This looks so good!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    Hubby cooked tonight. Dutch andijvie stampot (=mash with curly endive) and grilled smoked sausage with dijon mustard and tomato salad.
    ghflou4v6e0u.jpg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Grilled beef patty, fried potatoes w/shallots & spices, Asian slaw.

5qpwsovp20k5.jpeg
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Everything looks delicious!! (MFP is not letting me upload any pictures at the moment.)

What are some favorite "go-to" meals?? I am trying to broaden my home menu. 🤣
  • acpgee
    Options
    @MLHC1
    My go to meal is Cambodian beef lok lak. My techniquw is a little different from this recipe in that I douse the sliced beef in cornstarch just before cooking. Shake the beef through cornstarch in a sealed food container or reuse a plastic bag. Arrange the salad on the plates. Make the stir fry sauce and tne dipping sauce. Fry the beef with the garlic until beef loses raw colour or garlic starts to colour. Toss in the stir fry sauce and continue to stir fry for maybe a minute until the cornstarch coating thickens the sauce. Serve with optional rice or sunny side up egg.

Coating the meat in cornstarch helps it keep more tender, but you do need to use a good non stick pan, or a well season carbon steel wok or cast iron frying pan, as it otherwise wants to stick badly.
    https://www.food.com/recipe/beef-lok-lak-cambodian-recipe-496461
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are some good cooks here
  • acpgee
    Options
    Hubby took care of dinner. Side of green salad and vinaigrette we keep in a squeezy bottle in the fridge. Main of beef estouffade aux olives pulled out of the freezer from when I made a big batch a few weekends ago. Dutch andijvie stampot as a starchy side.
    hjl4sj4bam9u.jpeg
    ggap10hks2kd.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Poached flounder, basmati brown rice w/rice seasoning and salad of romaine, olives, avocado, tomato & celery dressed w/sesame oil, ponzu and white miso. I didn't decide to do that dressing until I had chopped all the vegetables so the olives were a bit odd here. I added the rest of the "dressing" to the fish.

4lbj094zje2e.jpeg
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    tdnvqmtybtvi.jpeg

Yellow rice, no salt added black beans and small bits of mango....yummy!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Classic caesar followed by chicken tacos. First attempt at making corn tortillas not a total success because they weren't very thin or pliable enough. Needs practice or resorting to store bought. We used store bought salsa (it had been lying around the pantry for almost a year) and guac (no ripe avocados to be found).
    opov7zaxl6t6.jpeg
    hq0u1duaefhi.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Spinach Crepes from the freezer, filled with mushrooms, spinach & goat’s cheese, topped with a smoky tomato sauce and vegan applewood smoked cheese.

ezz8a0h0oyhk.jpeg
  • rockymountaindawn
    rockymountaindawn Posts: 146 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Last night's dinner.
    Grilled pork ribs
    Sunflower crunch salad
    Steamed chopped broccoli
    mw8bayenptcw.jpg
  • rockymountaindawn
    rockymountaindawn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner
    Grilled steak strips
    Santafe salad mix
    e062uwvwzgah.jpg
  • PCGull
    PCGull Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Peppers stuffed with tuna, ricotta cheese, marble cheese, spinach
    ol77e3hdei7a.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Tacos again. This time with store bought flour tortillas, the leftover store bought salsa, pineapple/red onion/mint/lime salsa, chicken, prawns, feta, caribbean hot sauce, avocado, mint and coriander.
    ysmpt0acyik9.jpeg