My success so far.

Replies

• T4Y94
    T4Y94 Posts: 6 Member
    So proud of you friend! You got this, you have made it this far and you have so many cheering you on! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ’™
  • NecessaryChange
    NecessaryChange Posts: 91 Member
    Thank you so much. I believe that I have an emptiness that manifests itself in food as well as drug use. Can’t ever get enough. I too want to live and enjoy life. Thanks so much

And you absolutely will! Keep at it and stay strong man!
  • NecessaryChange
    @mmnv79 Thanks for the heads up, I'll need to check that out. And I'll do my best to remember to check in every now and then!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Hi Rich! Thinking of you this morning and hoping that you are still seeing great progress!
  • ufindjewels
    ufindjewels Posts: 10 Member
    Wow! Amazing progress!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl wrote: Β»
    Hi Rich! Thinking of you this morning and hoping that you are still seeing great progress!

Thanks so much, I'm actually trying to fix the aftermath of seeing that nutritionist. I ended up justifying the low calories and it made me ravenous.. had my first ever binge eating episode and got so angry and frustrated about completely losing control.. having cravings dominate my will.. that I spiraled for the month and gained almost 10lbs. Even more, I'm kicking myself because it pushes the surgery back and I doubt he'll want to move forward knowing I had such a nasty slip up. I honestly just want this all to be over already. It's so stressful πŸ˜… but I've still got a ways to go and I can't put it off. I've wasted enough of my life and I don't wanna give up either. Not too healthy, I know. But it's all I know how to do 😝

Don't give up on yourself. I failed from Nov 2020 through Feb 2021. I too gained 10 pounds. I was angry at myself but I refused to give in to my emotions. I've got back on track and lost that 10 pounds and 5 more. I actually think I needed to trick my body..... And once I started back up it came off fast. Please try. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised at how well you fall back into place. I will be sending strength, courage and happy vibes to you.... I know that you can do this Rich! ❀️
  • Sailor555
    Sailor555 Posts: 45 Member
    I'm so happy for you and impressed & inspired by your story. If I may be so bold, my take on at least part of why you've achieved success is that you found the strength to LOVE yourself enough to overcome sabotaging self-hatred. It's a cycle I know well, and I think most of the folks in these forums as well.

You've had amazing success as a result, and there may still be some setbacks. I hope not, but it's possible. When/if they come, KEEP ON LOVING YOURSELF. We all fall down. We all blame ourselves. But I think the love you were able to access deep within you is what saved you the first time, and it will save you again. Forgive yourself and move on.

You've got friends and supporters here and we're all with you. So impressed with your journey! Keep on loving yourself and you will succeed long-term. Thanks for your inspiration!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Amazing progress Rich!
  • NC_Girl
    Rich, so glad to hear from you and excited for you. I will look forward to hearing your next update. Keep going! You've got this!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @NecessaryChange You're a good egg, indeed! All the best to you in recovery and your studies and in LIFE πŸ™ŒπŸΏ

Thanks for continuing to share your updates with us.
  • NecessaryChange
    @NecessaryChange You're a good egg, indeed! All the best to you in recovery and your studies and in LIFE πŸ™ŒπŸΏ

Thanks for continuing to share your updates with us.

Thanks! That's so kind of you to say 😊 wishing you luck on your journey as well! Have an amazing week!
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Throwing out a thought here, for you to discuss with your endocrinologist. Leptin deficiency or leptin receptor deficiency. Imbalance of grhelin. Hope that is helpful. You're doing great, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    It took me a year and a half just to do the introduce yourself post, which I did this morning. I thought maybe I should put this here as it fits a bit better. My name is Rich, I'm 29. I spent probably close to 13 years hiding away in my house. Too ashamed to show my face. Scared whoever saw me would snap a pic.. make me a joke.. or worse.. embarass my family or blame them for how I turned out.. the truth is I had a tough childhood in the way that I had a few mentally taxing medical and learning/schooling issues bombard me at once. I didn't handle it well, mostly because I couldn't. But I have always been a fat kid, that wasn't the cause of my obesity. My problem was that I am NEVER full. Nothing is satiating no matter what restrictions I put in place what macros I tried to eat at, or how many small/frequent or larger/separated meals I had throughtout the day.. one thing never changed. My body feels like I'm starving. Not just hunger or craving.. but like I haven't had a piece of food in days. It's extremely odd. I had too many excuses and reasons to quit. I let fear and my quite crippling depression and negative thoughts rule me for over a decade.. but I wanted nothing more than to fit in.. be like everyone else. I want to work, drive, laugh.. I want to live, like everyone else. So one early *kitten* morning from binging youtube with pizza rolls to distract myself.. I made the decision that I was finally going to make that dream a reality.. that choice had come to me countless times.. they always ended in failure and even more weight gain. Maybe I didn't try hard enough or didn't really mean it, but this time was different. Since then (August 1st 2019), I have lost ~230 lbs. I'm very proud of what I have done so far. But it's so hard with this constant hunger looming over me. I hope this can inspire someone, or maybe you can relate to one part of the short story or another.. but I'm just getting started.. I have a lifetime to make up for and a lifetime of consistency and progress to strive towards. I can finally say that now I'm finally living.. and not just existing. Thank you for reading. And good luck on all of your goals and wellness journies.f9ctx0esiykd.jpg
    9863atuaj9ca.jpg

I was the same way...it sounds weird but Oregano Oil Extract killed all my hunger pains and cravings among many other things it helped with. If you look up Candida most people that are overwight have a Candidia problem and its the Candidia that craves the sweets and the food since they live off sugar. Oregano Oil Extract kills them or keeps them at bay, you can research it. But the point is try it, it litterally helped so much, 4 weeks later it took care of the candidia and now i dont even need to take it any more.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Rich, I am CHEERING! You are conquering so many demons and taking charge of your life and somehow I feel so proud of you even though I don't know you. As a mom to twin young men who are finding their way, I'm so happy for you! Keep going, expect it to not be linear. There WILL be ups and downs and that's ok. Much Love from Colorado :)
  • NC_Girl
    solieco1 wrote: Β»
    Rich, I am CHEERING! You are conquering so many demons and taking charge of your life and somehow I feel so proud of you even though I don't know you. As a mom to twin young men who are finding their way, I'm so happy for you! Keep going, expect it to not be linear. There WILL be ups and downs and that's ok. Much Love from Colorado :)

I found I felt the same way! I'm so proud of this young man. He's doing great and I love seeing him progress.
  • oakster69
    oakster69 Posts: 55 Member
    Great results, you are killing it. Very proud for you.
  • NecessaryChange
    LeeH31 wrote: Β»
    Throwing out a thought here, for you to discuss with your endocrinologist. Leptin deficiency or leptin receptor deficiency. Imbalance of grhelin. Hope that is helpful. You're doing great, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes.

Thanks, I actually had talked to my endocrinologist and she had said letting and Grehlin issues are still very new. There are no real tests or even treatments for them as of yet since they're still in the trial phases of things for figuring them out. I'm hoping eventually I'll be able to get some idea of what drives my hunger to these extremes lol. Thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!