What’s a red flag for you?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    • A person who thinks talking to members of the opposite sex constitutes cheating.
    • Someone whose annual reading is thinner than a copy of Maxim.
    • A persons who is more possessive of food than a hungry dog.
    • If you can out drink me, you're probably an alcoholic.
    • A person who believes that they are not human; that they have divine right.. or that they can see and hunt vampires with a sword that's somehow locked in their mind.

wcpysykr9o3d.gif

Let's just say... I have met some people in my lifetime (as short as it is, so far). :joy:
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    • A person who thinks talking to members of the opposite sex constitutes cheating.
      A person who believes that they are not human; that they have divine right.. or that they can see and hunt vampires with a sword that's somehow locked in their mind.

Do we know the same people?
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
      A person who believes that they are not human; that they have divine right.. or that they can see and hunt vampires with a sword that's somehow locked in their mind.

It is a possibility. One thing I have learned in my short time on this planet is that "it's a small world" is an apt saying. People I don't think I'd ever run into (or run into again) cross my paths at odd intervals and places.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,581 Member
    Options
    Overestimating their ability to impress
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options

It is a possibility. One thing I have learned in my short time on this planet is that "it's a small world" is an apt saying. People I don't think I'd ever run into (or run into again) cross my paths at odd intervals and places.

Well I suppose your friend would be hunting my friend. Hunting vampires is a wee bit different from thinking you are a vampire.

I have crossed his path twice since I stopped being friends with him but it’s because he lives in that area. 😓
    Although I never run unto people I wanna see hmmmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    • A person who believes that they are not human; that they have divine right.. or that they can see and hunt vampires with a sword that's somehow locked in their mind.

that's just crazy. its the werewolves that are the real problem and you need silver for them.

Wait, define “problem”

I feel targeted
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    Options

that's just crazy. its the werewolves that are the real problem and you need silver for them.

Wait, define “problem”

I feel targeted

b9nfp2oi2h0b.gif
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If every ex was the crazy one in the relationship. Also love bombing or other narcissistic traits.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    If every ex was the crazy one in the relationship. Also love bombing or other narcissistic traits.

Yeah, learned this the hard way. Run, don't walk away from these people. :grimace:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Control freaks who never can admit to being possibly just maybe a little bit wrong.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

👀
    I looked this up...

But let's say you really, REALLY (...like really...) love them and wanna be together til, say, 2092?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

👀
    I looked this up...

But let's say you really, REALLY (...like really...) love them and wanna be together til, say, 2092?

It feels AMAZING while it’s happening. But then when they go on to their other narcissistic traits…pulling away, cutting off contact, gaslighting, triangulating…it’s awful. But don’t worry, they almost ALWAYS come back (gotta get that narcissistic feed you know!) and Hoover and love bombing begins all over again! (Spoiler alert….it’s not worth dealing with that for 71 years. But they come back and love bomb just long enough to make you feel like it might be.)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

👀
    I looked this up...

It feels AMAZING while it’s happening. But then when they go on to their other narcissistic traits…pulling away, cutting off contact, gaslighting, triangulating…it’s awful. But don’t worry, they almost ALWAYS come back (gotta get that narcissistic feed you know!) and Hoover and love bombing begins all over again! (Spoiler alert….it’s not worth dealing with that for 71 years. But they come back and love bomb just long enough to make you feel like it might be.)

😭 You did the calculation lol

In this scenario, I was wondering whether I was the love bomber though. While I don't do any of the stuff mentioned in the article I found...

https://www.healthline.com/health/love-bombing

... it's unfortunate that a phrase as cute as love bombing can be a descriptor for something so detrimental.

If you went through that, @MelG7777, that sucks and I'm sorry 😔
  • PAWGliacci
    Options

👀
    I looked this up...

In this scenario, I was wondering whether I was the love bomber though. While I don't do any of the stuff mentioned in the article I found...

... it's unfortunate that a phrase as cute as love bombing can be a descriptor for something so detrimental.

i been hearing this phrase often lately, like a baader–meinhof kind of deal, but just now sat down to read about it cause of the link and tbh im conflicted because i do consider myself a narcissist, but i also strive to do the opposite of stuff on that list too.
  • MelG7777
    Options

👀
    I looked this up...

i been hearing this phrase often lately, like a baader–meinhof kind of deal, but just now sat down to read about it cause of the link and tbh im conflicted because i do consider myself a narcissist, but i also strive to do the opposite of stuff on that list too.

That would be more of a grandiose narcissistic trait. Maybe you’re more of a covert? There are several kinds….Do not fret, I’m sure if we work we could find you a good spot in the narcissist spectrum!
  • PAWGliacci
    Options

👀
    I looked this up...

That would be more of a grandiose narcissistic trait. Maybe you’re more of a covert? There are several kinds….Do not fret, I’m sure if we work we could find you a good spot in the narcissist spectrum!

"grandiose" now see that sounds awesome, put me down for that one
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    Not a narcissist. What are we doing here? Being healthy!? Ew!
  • MelG7777
    Options

👀
    I looked this up...

"grandiose" now see that sounds awesome, put me down for that one

Gotcha down! I’ll add you to my “Grandiose List”. It’s getting pretty long though.