Options
1235»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @callsitlikeiseeit

No go on Call-z-s' PM.... nothing showing!

So there goes the old account theory!

Hmm, she's 6 weeks younger than me...but several years older than Ann.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I think the OP has actually left the building: I get page not found.

Well, that's a shame. I was trying to be constructive.

On the plus side, now I don't have to feel guilty about the lengthy tangent about messages working.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit

No go on Call-z-s' PM.... nothing showing!

So there goes the old account theory!

i got your message this morning :)

hmmm PROBABLY thinking about it now that we BOTH tried to send each other messages.

pity.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,592 Member
    Options
    Well, I now did get your message that you got my message whereas before I had not gotten a message which has me more confused than ever. Your and K's accounts are older than mine. Annie is a tad more spry than any of us!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

pity.
    [/quote]

You're being sarcastic aren't you? :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    The OP has been pretty well debated, but I figured I'd share my 2 cents.

I bust my butt pretty hard in the gym. But my life is complex and sensitive. I have been here 10 years (my login streak is 3355 days tomorrow) and I consider a number of the people on my FL family. My feed is a blend of personal and fitness and I love it, when I am able to extract myself long enoug to try and catch up.

I don't add new people very often because I do suck as a friend (I cannot keep up with every post), and a lot of what I post is personal - this is my safe place. But I also post gifs of my workout, workout questions, plans, routines, struggles, form checks, flex pics, cellulite shots etc.

Thing is... it's just as easy to add as it is to delete people, and it seems rather cowardly to broadcast your disappointment in your friend group in a message board in the hopes that people will see each other out after they see that you don't really care about them.

You might clean out your feed faster if you post your disappointment on your own feed... just tell people that if they insist on posting crap about their kids / husbands / dogs / cats / and anything else that is not fitness related, then you don't want to be friends. I'm sure it'll be very effective.

We each have a path we want to walk. Some people walk at your pace, some faster, some slower, some not at all. Just keep adding and pruning your list until you get what you want.

I suck as a friend as well so it's not just you. But I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more time there than on the forums. I always thought it was just happening to others, things that made this place feel toxic, but nope.

BTW, your post was very well said. <3
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The OP has been pretty well debated, but I figured I'd share my 2 cents.

I bust my butt pretty hard in the gym. But my life is complex and sensitive. I have been here 10 years (my login streak is 3355 days tomorrow) and I consider a number of the people on my FL family. My feed is a blend of personal and fitness and I love it, when I am able to extract myself long enoug to try and catch up.

I don't add new people very often because I do suck as a friend (I cannot keep up with every post), and a lot of what I post is personal - this is my safe place. But I also post gifs of my workout, workout questions, plans, routines, struggles, form checks, flex pics, cellulite shots etc.

Thing is... it's just as easy to add as it is to delete people, and it seems rather cowardly to broadcast your disappointment in your friend group in a message board in the hopes that people will see each other out after they see that you don't really care about them.

You might clean out your feed faster if you post your disappointment on your own feed... just tell people that if they insist on posting crap about their kids / husbands / dogs / cats / and anything else that is not fitness related, then you don't want to be friends. I'm sure it'll be very effective.

We each have a path we want to walk. Some people walk at your pace, some faster, some slower, some not at all. Just keep adding and pruning your list until you get what you want.

I suck as a friend as well so it's not just you. But I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more time there than on the forums. I always thought it was just happening to others, things that made this place feel toxic, but nope.

BTW, your post was very well said. <3

But but but…..(lip quivers)….we’d miss you here, Reenie!!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

pity.

You're being sarcastic aren't you? :)[/quote]

who me? ;) why would you ever think such a thing LMAO :D
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    Well, I now did get your message that you got my message whereas before I had not gotten a message which has me more confused than ever. Your and K's accounts are older than mine. Annie is a tad more spry than any of us!

i think if BOTH people (regardless of account age) try to send each other messages, they will go through.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Options

i think if BOTH people (regardless of account age) try to send each other messages, they will go through.

From my experience... The first one is blocked, but if the other person messages the first one, their message does go through, and then two way works from there. The first message is lost tho.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    grltaz wrote: »
    You want what you want. I get it. They have at least 1 biggest loser group here if you want to check it out. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team

I personally, find it hard to check in daily and just post my exercise minutes and food stats. BORING...... so i talk about the other boring things in my life because, for me, being supported through my brother dying last year of covid, my dad dying from diabetes, My brother breaking his back, my dog dying, etc are all things i need support for to NOT binge eat or give up on myself. I take care of many people in my job & home life so, while exercise and food tracking help me a lot, it is the support of my team mates that matters most to me. I hope you find what you need. 9bip20sk341x.gif so you can soon say 5x3xpwekbdn9.gif !!

Wow, you've been through an emotional wringer. :( Yes, I completely understand the binge-eating due to stressful times. :( It affects me that way as well!! I hope you are able to grab yourself up again and get back on track with healthy living. {{HUGS} to you!!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,735 Member
    Options
    grltaz wrote: »
    You want what you want. I get it. They have at least 1 biggest loser group here if you want to check it out. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team

I personally, find it hard to check in daily and just post my exercise minutes and food stats. BORING...... so i talk about the other boring things in my life because, for me, being supported through my brother dying last year of covid, my dad dying from diabetes, My brother breaking his back, my dog dying, etc are all things i need support for to NOT binge eat or give up on myself. I take care of many people in my job & home life so, while exercise and food tracking help me a lot, it is the support of my team mates that matters most to me. I hope you find what you need. 9bip20sk341x.gif so you can soon say 5x3xpwekbdn9.gif !!

Big, big hugs to you, I am so sorry for all your losses! And caretakers need lots of care too! <3 I am glad you have support here.