What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Yeah, similar to potato salad in that way.

I so agree!

Me too; I'm not generally a mayo fan. When I make cole slaw, it's with vinegar; for potato salad, oil and vinegar.
  • Onerom1
    Onerom1 Posts: 355 Member
    The devil used food to doom all mankind and we continue to use it to doom ourselves by over indulging 😔😆
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    American folk - WTF is coffee creamer?
    🤢
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Ketchup, avocado and mushrooms are nasty.

Also, I work in long term care wiping *kitten*. I can handle poo, pee, pus, phlegm, blood etc no problem but theres no PPE in the world to make me not get disgusted by touching the dirty dishes during meal service.🤷‍♀️ Clearly I'm not the one who does dishes in my house.😂
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    🤢

I'm not a fan, but flavored stuff people add to coffee, can be dairy based or not, sugary or not, although I think it's normally sweet. You add it as you would milk or cream. (I hate sweet coffee or flavored coffee, although I don't mind adding milk. I prefer it black most of the time, though.)
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    🤢

Traditionally people cream their coffee with milk and variants of milk and actual heavy cream. One of the most well known and commonly used here is a product called Half & Half, which is exactly what it sounds like, half heavy cream, and half milk. The purpose that it will make your drink creamer than standard milk alone. Sometimes milk, or an above variant is referred to as "cream" for ones coffee.

"Creamer" is usually a lactose free product made of milk proteins and other "enhancing ingredients" (to mimic heavy cream). Creamer used to be used because it had a longer shelf life than milk and can even be in powdered form. But today it is usually mixed with flavoured syrup, like caramel or hazelnut etc., the purpose to add "creaminess", but also a flavour, and sweetness to your coffee at once, and due to the flavour variety has become very popular.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    What's wrong with coffee that tastes like coffee?
    🤣
    Thanks for the explanations 😊
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,667 Member
    edited September 2021
    I can't stand pickles (or anything pickled for that matter). If pickle juice even touches the other food on my plate, whatever it is is ruined (usually a hamburger bun or French fries).
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    What's wrong with coffee that tastes like coffee?
    🤣
    Thanks for the explanations 😊

Nothing, I love coffee.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,667 Member
    Here's another probably unpopular opinion.. I think mustard is gross.
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    I was just reminded of one of the worst popular foods I ever had the misfortune to come across.
    Green Bean Casserole! 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Apparently thousands of people grew up eating this concoction during the holidays (here in The States at least). I thankfully never came across it in my youth. Didn't even hear of it until I was in my late twenties, when I came across it at a friends holiday gathering, and discovered it is beloved by many clearly, insane people.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    I was just reminded of one of the worst popular foods I ever had the misfortune to come across.

Apparently thousands of people grew up eating this concoction during the holidays (here in The States at least). I thankfully never came across it in my youth. Didn't even hear of it until I was in my late twenties, when I came across it at a friends holiday gathering, and discovered it is beloved by many clearly, insane people.

Yummmm! Green mushy wonderfulness. Rarely have it anymore…

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

Yummmm! Green mushy wonderfulness. Rarely have it anymore…

Green Bean Casserole is only food at Thanksgiving/Christmastime. Try to whip one of them bad boys up on a random weekend in June? Fuhgeddaboudit, inedible sludge.

It's also properly made ONLY with canned green beans and cream of mushroom soup. I've tried to do it "from scratch," with fresh green beans, a homemade cream of mushroom soup, and onions I fried up myself - that is also delicious, but it is not Green Bean Casserole. It's creamy green beans and mushrooms with crispy onions.

The only way I'd eat veggies at one point. :)

My family also did the creamed spinach/creamed corn/baby carrots mixture recipe. Only way I'd eat spinach!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Love green bean casserole cause it says “HOLIDAYS” 🎄🎅 like nothing else. But one spoonful a year is plenty, thank you.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Anything that includes a heated/processed tomato — ketchup, marinara 🤢