What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Current irk: People over 50 who say “… Blah blah blah…. But what do I know? This is my first pandemic!”

Because no. No it isn’t.

Furthermore, soap tastes like cilantro.

Imma start eating soap then because cilantro is delicioso! 👌🏻

You're on team Cilantro?!
    ...oh, our Alien overlords must be watching us in glee right now!

I can 'tolerate' small amounts (but find it quite yucky and wish it wasn't there) I don't get the "soap" reference many say they taste - I just don't like it. Hate that its sometimes mixed into parsley - looks quite similar - but gives me a jolt, b/c I love parsley, hate cilantro.

Weird its a super divided thing - and of course, by that, is super interesting to me!

https://food52.com/blog/21868-i-finally-understand-the-science-behind-why-people-hate-cilantro-so-much

So, basically you have 'the right' tastes, and I'm forked up

I'm funny tho -things I don't like I like to keeping trying (just to make sure)
    ... is that like food masochism?

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Current irk: People over 50 who say “… Blah blah blah…. But what do I know? This is my first pandemic!”

Because no. No it isn’t.

I can 'tolerate' small amounts (but find it quite yucky and wish it wasn't there) I don't get the "soap" reference many say they taste - I just don't like it. Hate that its sometimes mixed into parsley - looks quite similar - but gives me a jolt, b/c I love parsley, hate cilantro.

Weird its a super divided thing - and of course, by that, is super interesting to me!

https://food52.com/blog/21868-i-finally-understand-the-science-behind-why-people-hate-cilantro-so-much

I put cilantro on anything that makes sense for it to be there. When I found out about the soap thing I was all 🤭 those poor souls.

I think food masochism falls under excessively spicy things, drinking booze straight up, bitter things and people who like black licorice.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Because no. No it isn’t.

Also on team "cilantro doesn't taste like soap". :smile:
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Because no. No it isn’t.

I put cilantro on anything that makes sense for it to be there. When I found out about the soap thing I was all 🤭 those poor souls.

I think food masochism falls under excessively spicy things, drinking booze straight up, bitter things and people who like black licorice.

I like two of those things; so I guess I'm a food masochist.

I also love bitter things.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    I actually kind of want to try cilantro now. Hope it doesn't taste like soap!

And today's irk is seeing an older post of mine quoted and noticing a typo that's too late to fix.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,040 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Because no. No it isn’t.

Put it on things that don’t make that much sense too! It’s good. I like it on a pineapple/blueberry mix.🤤

I will say….sometimes you run into some bad cilantro. And I will wish I hadn’t of used it. Sometimes I wonder if the “tastes like soap” camp maybe had a bad experience and got scared off.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Adding myself to TeamCilantro seeing as I've been gorging cilantro and chili naan with everything this week.

I'm down to the last one 😩
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Cilantro used to taste like soap to me but now it doesn't

My irk: autoimmune disease
  • glassyo
    Options
    OK, so I'd been craving hush puppies for a long time because I was remembering the one time I had them and how good they were so finally went into this little place called Fishbone near my apt to satisfy that craving. Had one when I got home and it...didn't taste as good as I'd remembered.

As an aside, a girl came in and ordered fried fish with a double side of fries and I was like..I wish I were you. :)
    Now I'm more, "Good thing you're young cuz that's a heart attack waiting to happen".
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    This weather, that clearly wants to make me a sweatymess. 🥵

Pic or didn't happen. 😝
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    My lack of black licorice and black jelly beans. Also red vines. Twizzlers or GTFO.

100%. Licorice is gross; Twizzlers all the way.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Heat(weather) .. giving me headaches
  • cmo5333
    cmo5333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Boob sweat
  • glassyo
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    My lack of black licorice and black jelly beans. Also red vines. Twizzlers or GTFO.

I feel very licoracist and jelly beacist(?) right now.

(And I like red vines AND twizzlers. :))
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Irk of the day:
    I sense dh wanting to take control of a contractor's plan. O this won't go well.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

Because no. No it isn’t.

🙋🏼‍♀️

Black licorice is the very very best.
    The salted black licorice coins? An absolute favorite.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Irk of the day:
    I sense dh wanting to take control of a contractor's plan. O this won't go well.

Ooooo. … keep us updated.