What irks you today?

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    It irks me that I’ve been here 1175 days and no haters. Do I need to sign up somewhere? 😤

I know I got this charming, angelic, downright adorable thing going on... but does that mean I’m not worthy? 😭

Ya gotta step up your game! LOL!

I’m already sarcastic and mean. I dunno where else to go. 🤔 😂

Try honest personal opinions about something, that are clearly stated as a personal opinion. Or a fact about how life for you, a disabled person, can be difficult.
    Or even the concept that someone who is medically required to limit (or eat a lot of) a particular macro or mineral needs to “pay attention to” that particular thing when choosing what to consume.

That should bring them to your doorstep.

That’s awful. 😞 I prefer kidding and joking around with people. I don’t think I could handle actual nasty people. I’m sorry if you’ve dealt with that on here. ❤️

I seem to have ticked off many of the long term forum members with such basic statements as “Please don’t randomly ask people what their disability is. They will tell you if they want to. Otherwise it is none of your business.”

OMG. The HOW COULD I BE SO AWFUL!!
    🤣

I have upwards of 300 disagrees and I’ve been here less than two months.
    By next week I’m sure I’ll have 400 disagree reacts.

I find this astonishing given my post count, how long I've been here and the fact that I have 100 LESS disagrees than you.

For what it's worth, I have found nothing wrong or disagreeable about the experiences you've shared so far. The Debate forum though.. it's the wild west of disagrees, lol.

Thanks for saying this.

Ya. It’s bizarre to me also.

I don’t want to go against MFP rules with specifics of other forum posts or participants, but ya.

I was on SparkPeople for years. Off and on, sure. But I happily and easily participated in the forums there. Supported people on their journey. Corrected nutritional and diet misinformation. Had fun “walking to Rivendell” and such…. Never once did I experience what I have here. Mostly all in the last few weeks. And always from people who have been here a very long time, and are extremely active on the forums.

Not that everyone on the forums is like that. Most are cool. But that little handful are a trip. Definitely.

Now watch this comment get a dislike or three. 😂

Kinda sad to hear SparkPeople decided to close up in a similar way to CalorieCount (the site I was on before I migrated here). Their forum was pretty awesome and full of fun loving people who did a lot of the same kinds of activities and were pretty amiable about correcting misinformation. Some of them migrated here, but most... who knows?

I was on Twinbody for a few months. It was a great community and I loved seeing all the transformation pictures. Never once did I see anything negative. They have zero tolerance for negativity. It doesnt track food, it's the only reason I left and came here but the support system is great there.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited August 2021
    It irks me that I’ve been here 1175 days and no haters. Do I need to sign up somewhere? 😤

I know I got this charming, angelic, downright adorable thing going on... but does that mean I’m not worthy? 😭

Try honest personal opinions about something, that are clearly stated as a personal opinion. Or a fact about how life for you, a disabled person, can be difficult.
    Or even the concept that someone who is medically required to limit (or eat a lot of) a particular macro or mineral needs to “pay attention to” that particular thing when choosing what to consume.

That’s awful. 😞 I prefer kidding and joking around with people. I don’t think I could handle actual nasty people. I’m sorry if you’ve dealt with that on here. ❤️

I seem to have ticked off many of the long term forum members with such basic statements as “Please don’t randomly ask people what their disability is. They will tell you if they want to. Otherwise it is none of your business.”

🤣

I find this astonishing given my post count, how long I've been here and the fact that I have 100 LESS disagrees than you.

For what it's worth, I have found nothing wrong or disagreeable about the experiences you've shared so far. The Debate forum though.. it's the wild west of disagrees, lol.

Thanks for saying this.

I don’t want to go against MFP rules with specifics of other forum posts or participants, but ya.

I was on SparkPeople for years. Off and on, sure. But I happily and easily participated in the forums there. Supported people on their journey. Corrected nutritional and diet misinformation. Had fun “walking to Rivendell” and such…. Never once did I experience what I have here. Mostly all in the last few weeks. And always from people who have been here a very long time, and are extremely active on the forums.

Not that everyone on the forums is like that. Most are cool. But that little handful are a trip. Definitely.

And, just to illustrate my point: I had about 340 disagree reacts when I posted this comment 30 minutes ago. I now have over 400 disagree reacts. In 30 minutes.
    One was even on a comment I made about a family member’s memorial service that I attended Tuesday. A comment that had nothing controversial in it whatsoever.

One of the rules here is not to use the reactions inappropriately. Not that some people care about such things….

I mean seriously. Some people are just plain kittens. And that irks me.
    (See how I brought that back on topic?)
  • MargaretYakoda

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

And, just to illustrate my point: I had about 340 disagree reacts when I posted this comment 30 minutes ago. I now have over 400 disagree reacts. In 30 minutes.
    One was even on a comment I made about a family member’s memorial service that I attended Tuesday. A comment that had nothing controversial in it whatsoever.

One of the rules here is not to use the reactions inappropriately. Not that some people care about such things….

Oh. Hey. Thanks for one more disagree.

😂
  • MargaretYakoda
    lx1x wrote: »

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

😂

Seems targeting women.. youre prolly the third one getting hit today .

Ah. Same old story.

Whoever hit the disagree react in my comment above removed it. So, that’s something, anyhow. 🤣
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

😂

Ah. Same old story.

Whoever hit the disagree react in my comment above removed it. So, that’s something, anyhow. 🤣

Yeah.. mod got that person . And now he's back
  • MargaretYakoda

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

😂

Ah. Same old story.

How do we report someone who is doing that kind of thing?

And is there any actual consequence of having a lot of disagrees on your forum profile?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

😂

Ah. Same old story.

With a vengeance.
  • lx1x
    edited August 2021

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

😂

Ah. Same old story.

And is there any actual consequence of having a lot of disagrees on your forum profile?

Hit the three dots top right.. report

Consequences.. non really ..
  • lx1x

🤣

Thanks for saying this.

😂

Ah. Same old story.

Hit the three dots top right.. report

Consequences.. non really ..

Ah. Well. If there are no consequences for people who have a lot of disagree reacts, it’s probably just something I can just laugh at and move on to something else. After a reasonable level of being irked, of course.

Yup . 👍

He can disagree till his finger bleeds.. 😂
  • lx1x
    HotHandzz wrote: »
    That all the lovely people above are being irked 🙂🤗

No irk here . Actually laffin my *kitten* off..

It's ok to vent your frustrations/irkedness. No need to put up a facade.

😂
  • MargaretYakoda

Oh. Me too. At this point, it’s the better option.

🤣🤣🤣

7kr8zvietp5d.jpeg
  • lx1x

Oh. Me too. At this point, it’s the better option.

🤣🤣🤣

7kr8zvietp5d.jpeg

Let's have a bet who will get more by tomorrow.. 🤣
  • MargaretYakoda
    HotHandzz wrote: »

It's ok to vent your frustrations/irkedness. No need to put up a facade.

https://giphy.com/gifs/a3zqvrH40Cdhu