What irks you today?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    Why don't people use turn signals. Aside from being the law, its just common courtesy. Come on people.

Drives me nuts!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    Why don't people use turn signals. Aside from being the law, its just common courtesy. Come on people.

Just trying to make it an adventure, I guess. lol.
  • JessD9031 wrote: »

The lever is broketed sheesh
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    @JessD9031
    😂🤣
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    When people respond to receiving invoices by asking you to do more work instead of acknowledging the bill and/or paying it.

I agree completely. May I add on? When people don't send you a PO before the job, knowing you can't invoice without it.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    Right now? The ridiculously long line to check out at TJ Maxx 😑
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    When I respond to a post on someone's wall and somehow like is clicked on other peoples posts in the convo and it won't unclick.. it irks me particularly when I don't agree with what the person is saying, yet it appears I do 🙁 irked..

Yeah.. see it a lot.. and get notifications that so so liked my post and check it's the poster/friend actually click it.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    Facebook's "memory" system.

On the one hand, I like being able to go back and delete things I don't want to see or don't feel represent me anymore (or contain stuff about friends who decided to be *kitten* and ditch me), but.. I don't like being reminded that Galaxy went into the pet hospital a year ago... because I know that in a couple of days, that's the anniversary of her death.

And yeah, she's a cat and blah, blah, blah.. but she was special (to me) and I still miss her terribly.

Hugs.

And ya. Facebook. Irks me on the daily.
    For…. Y’know…. Reasons.
  • MargaretYakoda

On the one hand, I like being able to go back and delete things I don't want to see or don't feel represent me anymore (or contain stuff about friends who decided to be *kitten* and ditch me), but.. I don't like being reminded that Galaxy went into the pet hospital a year ago... because I know that in a couple of days, that's the anniversary of her death.

And yeah, she's a cat and blah, blah, blah.. but she was special (to me) and I still miss her terribly.

I hear you. Yesterday was the anniversary of the day we brought Bolt home. 4 years ago. We didn't even get to share 4 years together. 😖

Also find the memories hard because of all the pics of my child before he identified as trans. Sometimes it raises grief in my soul for the daughter that is no longer, even though I fully love the son that now is. Wish FB just "knew".. Like Google knows my search history. Haha

Facebook shows me the two year anniversary of my kid’s wedding. Tells me to share it. But I can’t share it because I’m Zukked. Again.
    I’m always getting Zukked.
    For stuff like sharing a meme that I found on Facebook that is a fake valentine of Jeffery Dahlmer saying “you’re so cute I could eat you up”
    Obviously that is a dark joke. Not an actual promotion of nasty things.

I even got thirty days earlier this year for answering a question in a cooking and recipe group with the word “fat”
    A situationally appropriate word. In context it made total sense.
    Nope. Facebook called it bullying.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

I hear you. Yesterday was the anniversary of the day we brought Bolt home. 4 years ago. We didn't even get to share 4 years together. 😖

Also find the memories hard because of all the pics of my child before he identified as trans. Sometimes it raises grief in my soul for the daughter that is no longer, even though I fully love the son that now is. Wish FB just "knew".. Like Google knows my search history. Haha

Facebook shows me the two year anniversary of my kid’s wedding. Tells me to share it. But I can’t share it because I’m Zukked. Again.
    For stuff like sharing a meme that I found on Facebook that is a fake valentine of Jeffery Dahlmer saying “you’re so cute I could eat you up”

I even got thirty days earlier this year for answering a question in a cooking and recipe group with the word “fat”

Sounds about right. My partner is in nearly perma-FB brig because of the meme groups and various things he's part of. Every time, it's for something really, really dumb. At no time was it ever an actual insult, bullying or hate speech.

Sad thing is, you can't even really contest it because the algorithm picks it up and when you go to discuss with a person about it, no person is ever available.

Honestly, if my family members on the other side of the country didn't still use the service, I would ditch it.
  • MargaretYakoda

Sounds about right. My partner is in nearly perma-FB brig because of the meme groups and various things he's part of. Every time, it's for something really, really dumb. At no time was it ever an actual insult, bullying or hate speech.

Sad thing is, you can't even really contest it because the algorithm picks it up and when you go to discuss with a person about it, no person is ever available.

Honestly, if my family members on the other side of the country didn't still use the service, I would ditch it.

Yep. Meme groups. 🤣

9tf180msb1nl.jpeg

Me. Going to FB jail again.

(It’s actually a young woman named Eugenia McCool who was busted for car theft and joy riding as a teen circa 1915)
  • MargaretYakoda
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm irked as to how 'some "boobies" are subject...

...like what is the criteria for 'ok' "boobies" to be posted vs not? Especially where "boobies" of all sorts are prominent and frequently displayed in the (basically) (half time) "boobie" thread?

- what amount of cleave is acceptable and not reprimandable?

Is it gender specific?
    seemes to be + a bit of subjective (not fair)
    ...and why?

Why are man boobies fine to display?

What is your criteria MFP - and why shame?